11 (34.4%)
Not bad for someone with dementia
16 (50%)
Hardly even counts
2 (6.3%)
Other - feel free to share
2 (6.3%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Author Topic: Eleanor Holmes Norton parks a car  (Read 4890 times)

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
Eleanor Holmes Norton parks a car
« on: March 28, 2015, 04:32:19 PM »
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
Re: Eleanor Holmes Norton parks a car
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2015, 04:52:00 PM »
did she get towed or a ticket?

did the driver of the red thing she hit do anything?
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2015, 04:55:08 PM »
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2015, 05:01:10 PM »
did she get towed or a ticket?

did the driver of the red thing she hit do anything?

Now why you gotta bring facts and stuff into the discussion?

Commentary here http://pjmedia.com/instapundit/204225/#respond

the Slate article here  http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2015/03/25/eleanor_holmes_norton_video_shows_d_c_congresswoman_s_disastrous_attempt.html

WaPo has the "It's not my fault" here http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/dc-politics/dc-del-eleanor-holmes-norton-explains-bad-parking-job/2015/03/27/1399b112-d470-11e4-ab77-9646eea6a4c7_story.html

and the Book of Face has all three sides here https://www.facebook.com/Slate/posts/10153091514311438

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2015, 05:15:52 PM »
Sociopathic narcissists are going to narcissist sociopathically. 
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2015, 05:20:38 PM »
Without reading every linked article, why did the dipwad in the suit, who appears to be her aide, not take over and park for her? Not to mention the whole "leave a note" thing.

ETA: This "bumper car" parking thing does seem to be much more prevalent in very large, compact cities like DC. Not just doing it, but the attitude that bumping the cars around you is an acceptable way to gauge where you are. I would be totally pissed if I caught someone doing that to my ride, even if it was a junker. Many urban dwellers seem to think it's no big thing though.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 05:24:22 PM by Ben »
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2015, 06:16:23 PM »
I just don't understand how the big white lines on the pavement are so hard to figure out.

big white lines on black pavement.

this isn't rocket science, people.

it really isn't.

Which is why I fully support harassing people who don't seem to get it. Because, honestly, they actually just can't be that *expletive deleted*ing stupid.

note: when I say harassing people, I mean in a completely legal manner, like I do to the lady who works across the street, by parking my car so close to hers that she needs me to move to get in her car.

Unisaw

• friend
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2015, 06:51:43 PM »
"big white lines on black pavement"

It's just the white power structure engaging in more colonial domination... >:D
Well, if you have the sudden urge to lick your balls you'll know you got the veterinary version... K Frame

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2015, 06:55:30 PM »
"big white lines on black pavement"

It's just the white power structure engaging in more colonial domination... >:D

I'm pretty sure she couldn't park correctly even if they were black lines on white pavement.

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2015, 01:16:58 AM »
I'm pretty sure she couldn't park correctly even if they were black lines on white pavement.

Racist.  And sexist. 

/sarc
Formerly sumpnz

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2015, 01:38:10 AM »
Which is why I fully support harassing people who don't seem to get it. Because, honestly, they actually just can't be that *expletive deleted*ing stupid.

Perhaps she's not that stupid, but simply arrogant enough to believe that SHE matters more than the plebeians who parked those other two cars so inconveniently aligned with the mysterious white lines on the pavement. Some people really are that egotistical and self-centered. Remember Leona Helmsley? "Taxes are for little people," I believe was the most quoted statement.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2015, 08:59:22 AM »
“The result is a car that is not parked as much as abandoned.” It’s a pretty good metaphor for government in the age of Obama.
http://pjmedia.com/instapundit/204225/#respond

File under Things I Wish I Had Written. Then again, it's not such a good metaphor at all. It would be nice if he'd just abandon the country, instead of "fundamentally transforming" it.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

HankB

• friend
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2015, 10:47:27 AM »
Without reading every linked article, why did the dipwad in the suit, who appears to be her aide, not take over and park for her?
Because he is a dipwad?

Because he's the kind of person Eleanor Holmes Norton would hire?
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

JN01

• friend
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2015, 03:23:35 PM »
One of the commenters on the YouTube video pointed out that she is on the Highway and Transit Commitee (ranking member).  =D

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2015, 06:11:05 PM »
With no vote

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2015, 01:26:12 PM »
 :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2015, 02:08:49 PM »
I imagine the thread header as a Dr. Seuss title...
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2015, 04:20:07 PM »
I imagine the thread header as a Dr. Seuss title...

Thank you.  *scuffs toes*  *takes small bow*

stay safe.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2015, 11:24:57 PM »
This is what Norton had to say yesterday, on changes to D.C.'s gun laws:

She called it “hypocrisy” and suggested the members should focus on loosening gun laws in their own states before doing so in Washington, D.C.

“Senator Rubio and Representative Jordan claim to profess a desire to allow District residents to protect themselves, but they have completely ignored the fact that their constituents are prohibited from bringing a firearm into federal buildings in their home states,” Norton said in a statement.

"If Senator Rubio and Representative Jordan are concerned about the reach of the Second Amendment in the United States, there are many opportunities in the federal sector where current law bans their own constituents from possessing guns,” she added. "Rather than infringe on the democratic rights of the 650,000 District of Columbia residents, I urge them to turn their attention to the federal ban on guns in federal facilities.”

http://thehill.com/regulation/legislation/237386-congresswoman-defends-dc-gun-laws
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2015, 01:24:01 AM »
She called it “hypocrisy” and suggested the members should focus on loosening gun laws in their own states before doing so in Washington, D.C.

“Senator Rubio and Representative Jordan claim to profess a desire to allow District residents to protect themselves, but they have completely ignored the fact that their constituents are prohibited from bringing a firearm into federal buildings in their home states,” Norton said in a statement.

"If Senator Rubio and Representative Jordan are concerned about the reach of the Second Amendment in the United States, there are many opportunities in the federal sector where current law bans their own constituents from possessing guns,” she added. "Rather than infringe on the democratic rights of the 650,000 District of Columbia residents, I urge them to turn their attention to the federal ban on guns in federal facilities.”
http://thehill.com/regulation/legislation/237386-congresswoman-defends-dc-gun-laws

So individual states now have absolute control over the laws concerning federal facilities? Sweet!

:facepalm:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_Kh7nLplWo
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2015, 09:31:31 AM »

As I contemplate the likes of Miss Eleanor, Sheila Jackson Lee, the "Guam will capsize" guy, I wonder "OK, who's really running things here?".
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2015, 09:39:00 AM »

So the lady wants us to believe that a referendum of 650,000 residents of Washington, DC, would support a gun ban? Why doesn't she put her money where her mouth is and start organizing the referendum. It might be interesting.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2015, 09:59:27 AM »

Is The Gentlewoman from The District of Columbia suggesting that the entire District of Columbia is a federal facility?

The cascade of consequences from that are simply too delicious to contemplate.

stay safe.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2015, 10:06:26 AM »
I had to go with 'Typical Democrat Move' since there were no choices relating spring temperatures with IQs.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2015, 07:00:29 PM »

So individual states now have absolute control over the laws concerning federal facilities? Sweet!

:facepalm:

Just because I hate strawmen, I'll point out that as Rubio is a US Senator(FL), and Jordan is a US Representative from Ohio, any legislation they propose will be federal in nature.  Thus, they are indeed the correct politicians to propose and submit legislation to allow legal CCW on federal properties, in their states and elsewhere.

Which I'd kind of like for them to do.  No more having to worry about carrying in a post office, for example.

Doesn't mean that I don't also think that DC residents should be allowed to carry.