Author Topic: My cat died.  (Read 6004 times)

Fjolnirsson

• friends
  • The Anti-Claus
My cat died.
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2005, 05:54:55 PM »
Thanks, grampster.
Yeah, the strange thing was how fast it happened. He was fine the day before, playing and running like a kitten, nothing to make us think illness. Didn't see him all day yesterday. Still normal for him. By the time we knew something was wrong, it was evening, and as I said, we could see he was going to die. He didn't seem to be in any pain. Buried him this morning, under the flower bed.
Hi.

P95Carry

My cat died.
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2005, 06:02:29 PM »
Sorry to hear this Fjol' - our cat died last August IIRC - a slow ''fading away" which we feel was down to someone poisoning him.  I t was sad to see.

Thx (I think) to my step daughter we have two youngish ones now - PITA some of time, plus obstacles to trip over but - characters nonetheless. Smiley

Six is no age at all - ours last year had barely made four!!
Chris - P95
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.
Rohrbaugh interest/ownership? - Rohrbaugh Forum Rohrbaugh R9 FAQ Site

Larry Ashcraft

• Administrator
My cat died.
« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2005, 06:17:35 PM »
Fjolnirsson,

Sorry for your loss.  The last time I got attached to a cat (black, my favorite), she got run over by a car.  I had a hard time with it.

Since we moved to the farm, I try to regard my cats as "disposable".  The coyotes and owls do take a toll.  However, my buddy "Clyde", a black, half Siamese tomcat has been with us about 6 years now, despite a run-in with an owl a couple years ago (5" gash down his back, vet fixed him up good as new).

Clyde is begging for loving right now as we speak.  I'm not so sure I can regard Clyde as disposable.

Sorry for rambling, I know how you feel.

XLMiguel

My cat died.
« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2005, 11:44:03 AM »
Sorry for your loss.  I hope he/she didn't suffer badly.  We lost one of ours a while back to some sort of bowel obstruction.  We paid $400 for a CAT scan (no pun intended) to find it was inoperable and out he had to be put down, it was very tough, but we didn't want to make a decision like that on a guess, and he was miserable, wasting away.  It was the right thing to do, but still very hard.  You do what you can, and sometimes it's a blessing when they pass quickly.

Lennyjoe

• friend
My cat died.
« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2005, 12:28:53 PM »
Sorry to hear of your loss.  Cats are cool.  I have 3 of them and all have different personalities.  The oldest (10 yrs) is the king of the house.

vernal45

• friend
My cat died.
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2005, 01:18:16 PM »
Sorry to hear about that.  Know how you feel.  We had to put down our maltese last week, we rescued her from a puppy farm about 7 years ago.  Old age.  We decided to put her down instead of letting her just go to hell in front of us.  I dont cry much, but cried over this.

Moondoggie

• friend
My cat died.
« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2005, 04:32:13 PM »
Very sorry for your loss.  We have 5 cats, all foundlings plus one Lhasa Apso.  We have had many cats over the years....the loss of some gets to you more than others, but they all matter.

We had to put a beloved dog to sleep in March...I still haven't gotten over it; don't know that I ever will.

Individual responsibility towards your pets and financial considerations is an individual matter.  As long as you provided a good home and did your best under difficult circumstances (and I'm sure you did) that's good enough for me.

You definitely qualify as an animal lover in good standing!
Known from coast to coast, almost!

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
My cat died.
« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2005, 05:26:47 PM »
My sympathies.

We lost our Maine Coon Cat, "Gizmo" aka "Gizimodo" from Feline Infectious Peritonitis, at age 11 months just over 2 years ago.  We still miss him, and his absolutely fearless disposition.  Best retriever and guard dog I ever had, although he looked a little funny...

"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"