Author Topic: How about some change?  (Read 653 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
How about some change?
« on: January 16, 2009, 03:17:49 PM »
Nope! In fact, pony up another $1.25!

Heard on the news today that the Washington Post is going to celebrate change (and capitalism) on Inauguration Day, and the day after, by jacking up the price of the daily paper from 75 cents to $2.00.

What do you get when liberals see the chance for unabashed profit?

Price gouging!  :laugh:
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

HankB

• friend
Re: How about some change?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2009, 05:02:50 PM »
On the other hand, I just saw that the Minneapolis Star-Tribune (known to many as the Minneapolis Red Star) filed for Chapter 11.  =D =D =D

When I was living up there, they'd often phone in an effort to get me to subscribe. Usually I'd just say "no" and that was the end of it, but one time what sounded like a rather elderly woman INSISTED that I give her a reason.

Instead of just hanging up, I said "Madam, the St. Paul Pioneer Press paper is more than liberal enough to suit my tastes, but the Minneapolis Red Star is nothing more than the propaganda arm of the Minnesota DFL party."

*gasp*

*click*

=D
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain