Author Topic: Look What's on the Back of Gore's New Houseboat  (Read 11421 times)

BridgeRunner

• friend
Re: Look What's on the Back of Gore's New Houseboat
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2008, 10:11:33 AM »
Jetskis irk the heck out of me, but I figured it was just a matter of personal distaste.  Shoulda' figured I could get all self-righteous about it.

I don't like the noise, a lot of people who use them on the lake we go to are very reckless with them, and they ride them dangerously close to beaches where people are swimming. 

I so didn't realize I could get pissy about disrupted surface tension too  laugh

ssn vet

« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2008, 10:34:14 AM »
What's wrong with jet skis?

what's wrong is that Big Al, wants to take jet skis away from you, the little guy (by way of banning them with environmental regulations), while he, the pompous elitist pig that he is, enjoys riding one.
"aint no slack in fast attack"

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2008, 11:10:08 AM »
Jetskis irk the heck out of me, but I figured it was just a matter of personal distaste.  Shoulda' figured I could get all self-righteous about it.

I don't like the noise, a lot of people who use them on the lake we go to are very reckless with them, and they ride them dangerously close to beaches where people are swimming. 

I so didn't realize I could get pissy about disrupted surface tension too  laugh

Just like all motorcyclers

/ducks   cheesy

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2008, 11:11:37 AM »
What's wrong with jet skis?

what's wrong is that Big Al, wants to take jet skis away from you, the little guy (by way of banning them with environmental regulations), while he, the pompous elitist pig that he is, enjoys riding one.

Some animals are "more equal" that others  rolleyes
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

BridgeRunner

• friend
« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2008, 12:55:10 PM »

Dude. Motorcyclers are cool.  I only sold mine because I got knocked up.  Also, I don't let my kiddo play on the shoulder of the road.  I do let her play on the beach.  Motorcyclers stay on the road.  Jetskiers should stay off the swimming beaches.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2008, 01:03:04 PM »
The Jet Ski - it's like a Segway for the lake. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2008, 01:17:35 PM »
The Jet Ski - it's like a Segway for the lake. 

I want to see pictures of a jetski swat team.

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2008, 01:37:23 PM »

Dude. Motorcyclers are cool.  I only sold mine because I got knocked up.  Also, I don't let my kiddo play on the shoulder of the road.  I do let her play on the beach.  Motorcyclers stay on the road.  Jetskiers should stay off the swimming beaches.

Whoa..  read the smiley..  I was hitting for reactions, but not serious ones.

BridgeRunner

• friend
« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2008, 01:45:52 PM »
Whoa..  read the smiley..  I was hitting for reactions, but not serious ones.

I wasn't being all that serious.  cool

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2008, 09:54:17 PM »
How much gas can a jet ski possible use?  It's not like they're 4 ton V8-powered SUVs or anything.

jet ski people have fun in the outdoors, while poor baby fish suffer, if you like the outdoors simply go there and observe.
it is way more fun to love nature then make noise in it. rolleyes
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2008, 10:40:47 PM »
I thnk I can make out the name of his houseboat.

"The Hypocrite"....
 rolleyes
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.