Author Topic: Number One with a Bullet: Palin's book  (Read 10276 times)

MicroBalrog

• friend
Re: Number One with a Bullet: Palin's book
« Reply #50 on: October 06, 2009, 09:23:58 PM »
And every time someone comes up with a half-baked notion that they're being oppressed, are you going to say "There is no oppression"?

There is - as I always point out - plenty of oppression. If people are allowed to mock that notion by saying 'I'm being oppressed', then I'm allowed to make fun of THAT in turn.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #51 on: October 06, 2009, 10:01:10 PM »
There is - as I always point out - plenty of oppression. If people are allowed to mock that notion by saying 'I'm being oppressed', then I'm allowed to make fun of THAT in turn.

This makes no sense.  I'll let you figure out why.

Gotta lotta candidates for the Carter Prize today. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #52 on: October 06, 2009, 10:43:24 PM »
You're all racists.

There. That's the end of the argument, per Democrat rules.

Silver Bullet

• friend
« Reply #53 on: October 06, 2009, 10:53:56 PM »
Gentlemen.  We're straying from my original topic.  Let's talk Palin and her book.

I'm planning to buy it to 1) get an inside perspective of what goes on in presidential elections; 2) support Sarah, who I think deserves our support, if nothing else for the way she sent the commies into a frenzy; and 3) to annoy my wife, who only reads books by left-leaners.

Only 2 of the above 3 are true, but a .667 batting average would be good enough to win both the American and National Leagues batting championships.

Wait, wait ... I don't want to talk baseball, either.

Sarah.  Sa-rah.  SARAH.

Thank you.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #54 on: October 07, 2009, 10:01:12 AM »
I agree with a comment on the last page.  Who are her current advisers?  It isn't a big deal as she is not yet running for office, but it will be important.  I hope she keeps anyone connected with the McCain campaign far far away. 

My only concern is she has a LOT of family obligations and I wouldn't be surprised if she stays in the background longer than people expect.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

jackdanson

• friend
« Reply #55 on: October 07, 2009, 03:24:47 PM »
I hope to God they don't try to run Palin.  Most middle of the roaders think she's a dolt.  Talk about blowing your chances for a win.  They need to run someone more libertarian leaning and further from the establishment if they expect to win.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #56 on: October 07, 2009, 03:28:33 PM »
I hope to God they don't try to run Palin.  Most middle of the roaders think she's a dolt.  Talk about blowing your chances for a win.  They need to run someone more libertarian leaning and further from the establishment if they expect to win.

Further from the "establishment"?????

The establishment HATES her. How do you get further from the "establishment" than that?

(Wow, the snark is strong with me today, had to edit out my opinion of those "middle of the roaders")
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #57 on: October 07, 2009, 05:40:49 PM »

After 2008, you still think "middle of the roaders" can help us? 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Leatherneck

• friend
« Reply #58 on: October 07, 2009, 05:54:53 PM »
The middle-of-the-roaders can stay there and get run over by the Mack truck that's coming. What good have they done our country?

TC
TC
RT Refugee

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #59 on: October 07, 2009, 06:32:29 PM »
Conversely, my disappointment with Palin lies in her not being nearly as radical as the media claimed.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner