Author Topic: Finally got a new truck!  (Read 12377 times)

brimic

• friends
Re: Finally got a new truck!
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2011, 08:15:42 AM »
Being here in Texas reinforces it.  Chevys and Fords are usually stock.  Dodges, though, get big truck nutz, smoke stacks, and are driven by hicks who do 70 in a 45 and cut everyone off waving a middle finger, natural light, with their mullet flopping around.

Its the same up here. Stereotypes get started for a reason.
Yesterday, I saw a dodge broken down on the side of the freeway holding up traffic. It had smoke stacks, a light bar, and two bumperstickers on the back window(of course): "Loud Pipes Save Lives" and "I Still miss my ex-wife, but my aim is getting better"
Wish I would have taken a picture. :lol:
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Declaration Day

• friends
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2011, 02:58:53 PM »
Ok guys, this is my first full day as a Dodge owner. 

I went to the local bar this morning and had a tall Pabst Blue Ribbon draft for breakfast. 

Then I headed to Pep Boys for some white trash accessories.  They had no NASCAR stickers or anything!  I did find a hitch-mounted bottle opener, but then realized for $25 I can buy a LOT of Natural Light, and it comes in cans anyway!

I did have one other Dodge owner try to race me at a light, but he don't got no Hemi.  He must be gay.

Anyway here is my first Dodge accessory.  Please tell me I don't actually have to drink it.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2011, 03:34:01 PM »
Anyway here is my first Dodge accessory.  Please tell me I don't actually have to drink it.

I've heard that NL is great for cleaning road grime & paint from your rims...

Not to be outdone by the Dodge-e-Boyz, I have a few ideas planned for my F150....just little stuff like a spray-on bedliner in a light color (black surfaces and Texas summers just don't mix) and a couple of side-mounted toolboxes. I'm even thinking of getting one of those 1-million-candlepower, 360*, remote-controlled spotlights installed on the cab. Any suggestions on a good brand?
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2011, 04:03:35 PM »

Heh.  I can see your reflection in the grille.  Errr... I assume it's you.  But it appears you have a uterus.

DD
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

Declaration Day

• friends
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2011, 04:13:50 PM »
Heh.  I can see your reflection in the grille.  Errr... I assume it's you.  But it appears you have a uterus.

DD

Them's fightin' words!  As soon as I trim up my mullet, finish watching Jerry Springer, and put on my sleeveless Nascar T-shirt, I'm headin' over to yer trailer park so you best be ready!

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2011, 04:29:31 PM »
 :lol: :lol: =D
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2011, 04:36:14 PM »

I went to the local bar this morning and had a tall Pabst Blue Ribbon draft for breakfast. 

Then I headed to Pep Boys for some white trash accessories.  They had no NASCAR stickers or anything!  I did find a hitch-mounted bottle opener, but then realized for $25 I can buy a LOT of Natural Light, and it comes in cans anyway!

I did have one other Dodge owner try to race me at a light, but he don't got no Hemi.  He must be gay.

You forgot to make out with your own sister.

"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

Declaration Day

• friends
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2011, 04:48:09 PM »
You forgot to make out with your own sister.

I didn't forget, it's just that I don't have one.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2011, 05:09:44 PM »
I didn't forget, it's just that I don't have one.

A cousin will do.
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

grislyatoms

• friends
« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2011, 05:15:08 PM »
Nice!
"A son of the sea, am I" Gordon Lightfoot

brimic

• friends
« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2011, 05:24:13 PM »

Ok, I want a Dodge now too. :laugh:
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

220_SWIFT

• friend
« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2011, 05:27:33 PM »

Nice truck and an awesome color!  Though it's only a 1500. :P

Thanks!  They call it Mango Tango Pearl coat, 2010 is the only year they did this color.  

I went back and forth between a half ton and a three quarter ton.  I couldn't see the advantage, or the loss of fuel economy.  

The only truck I have ever owned that was almost as nice as this was my '02 Chevy Avalanche.  But this one edges it out in several areas.

Declaration Day

• friends
« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2011, 05:41:07 PM »

Thanks!  They call it Mango Tango Pearl coat, 2010 is the only year they did this color.  

I went back and forth between a half ton and a three quarter ton.  I couldn't see the advantage, or the loss of fuel economy.  

The only truck I have ever owned that was almost as nice as this was my '02 Chevy Avalanche.  But this one edges it out in several areas.

I need a 3/4 ton.  Even if I didn't, the monster brakes alone are worth the premium.

Declaration Day

• friends
« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2011, 05:49:02 PM »
Ok, I want a Dodge now too. :laugh:

Funny thing is, none of that was fabricated.  Except I don't know if the other Dodge driver was gay.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #39 on: February 11, 2011, 06:06:34 PM »
Funny thing is, none of that was fabricated.  Except I don't know if the other Dodge driver was gay.
Well, you did say he aint got no hemi, right??
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Declaration Day

• friends
« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2011, 06:09:44 PM »
Yes I did!  He must be gay!

seeker_two

• friend
« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2011, 11:10:57 PM »
A underage cousin will do.

...as well as changing your first name to Jerry Lee....  =D
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Lee

• friend
« Reply #42 on: February 13, 2011, 12:01:39 AM »
Nice truck.  A couple of guys I work with bought Rams this year also - one is like yours, the other has a Cummins Diesel.  I'm kinda kicking myself now for letting my wife direct me toward a smaller truck - I ended up with a Nissan Frontier. 

Declaration Day

• friends
« Reply #43 on: February 13, 2011, 03:08:46 AM »
Nice truck.  A couple of guys I work with bought Rams this year also - one is like yours, the other has a Cummins Diesel.  I'm kinda kicking myself now for letting my wife direct me toward a smaller truck - I ended up with a Nissan Frontier.  

Smaller trucks have their place, depending on your needs.  I suspect that the reason smaller trucks are such a niche market is that, for a few thousand dollars more, you can get twice the truck.

With Dodge, the mid-size Dakota starts at $23,110 and the Full-size Ram starts at $20,810.  ???
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 03:14:01 AM by Declaration Day »

seeker_two

• friend
« Reply #44 on: February 13, 2011, 08:23:21 AM »
Smaller trucks have their place, depending on your needs.  I suspect that the reason smaller trucks are such a niche market is that, for a few thousand dollars more, you can get twice the truck.

With Dodge, the mid-size Dakota starts at $23,110 and the Full-size Ram starts at $20,810.  ???

Agreed....while I loved my Frontier, I was amazed at how much more truck I got with my F150 for less money....and I actually got better gas mileage from the F150 than the Frontier....

Lee

• friend
« Reply #45 on: February 13, 2011, 11:38:19 AM »
You're right about that -the frontier gets worse mileage than my buddy's Hemi Ram.  My wife and I operate under the theory that one of us will likely end up driving the other's vehicle at some point.  She is 5' tall and thinks anything bigger than a Camry is "monsterous". Oh well...I'm pretty happy with it -it is a truck at least.

Pharmacology

• friends
« Reply #46 on: February 14, 2011, 02:30:37 AM »
Being here in Texas reinforces it.  Chevys and Fords are usually stock.  Dodges, though, get big truck nutz, smoke stacks, and are driven by hicks who do 70 in a 45 and cut everyone off waving a middle finger, natural light, with their mullet flopping around.

Don't forget the chrome skulls with red light-up eyes on teh hitch or license plate.

go_bang

« Reply #47 on: February 14, 2011, 12:49:54 PM »

Yes, you must.  And there needs to be at least two six packs of crushed empties rattling around in the bed else you're a poser.

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #48 on: February 14, 2011, 12:56:29 PM »
Don't forget the chrome skulls with red light-up eyes on teh hitch or license plate.

Yea, but they have to signal with one of the lamps - so when you accidentally bump your turn-signal when you spill your beer (that's the only time you should be using turn signals), the light blinks on and off.  if it's not mis-wired, you're not doing it right.

go_bang

« Reply #49 on: February 14, 2011, 01:01:21 PM »
Being here in Texas reinforces it.  Chevys and Fords are usually stock.  Dodges, though, get big truck nutz, smoke stacks, and are driven by hicks who do 70 in a 45 and cut everyone off waving a middle finger, natural light, with their mullet flopping around.
Its the same up here. Stereotypes get started for a reason.
Yesterday, I saw a dodge broken down on the side of the freeway holding up traffic. It had smoke stacks, a light bar, and two bumperstickers on the back window(of course): "Loud Pipes Save Lives" and "I Still miss my ex-wife, but my aim is getting better"
Wish I would have taken a picture. :lol:

That crowd used to drive Ford's until Dodge redesigned the Ram and offered the Cummins diesle in 1994.  The migration was completed in 1997 when Ford redesigned the F150.