Author Topic: Finally got a new truck!  (Read 12375 times)

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
Re: Finally got a new truck!
« Reply #50 on: February 14, 2011, 01:08:09 PM »
Agreed....while I loved my Frontier, I was amazed at how much more truck I got with my F150 for less money....and I actually got better gas mileage from the F150 than the Frontier....

I like my Frontier also, but I'll probably upgrade to a 4 door F-150 on a few years for the same reasons mentioned.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #51 on: February 14, 2011, 02:06:12 PM »
Well...I'm pretty confident dodge's advertising contributes to the purchasing demographic.  Ford and Chevy advertise as no nonsense work trucks.  Dodge likes commercials that make nascar ads seem tame....
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #52 on: February 14, 2011, 10:08:29 PM »
The main problem I have with Ford's gas trucks is the rough ride. The F250 Superduty we have at work is rather reliable, but damn if it won't jar your teeth out going over the smallest of bumps that my Silverado doesn't even notice...the F-150s I test drove before I brought my Silverado were also similarly rough (that was before the frickin' bailout, by the way, or I would definitley have gone with a Ford)

Their post Powerstroke diesels are pretty sorry...shame.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Pharmacology

• friends
« Reply #53 on: February 15, 2011, 10:32:01 AM »
You couldn't give me a million dollars for my 1982 K10

CSM Kersh

« Reply #54 on: February 15, 2011, 10:41:17 AM »

I really liked my 2001 Z71, but had to give it to my oldest.  His '97 Z got caught in a brush fire.  I now have a 2009 Ford F150 Texas Addition which rides better and quieter than my Toyota Avalon.  The only thing wrong with it is it's not a 4x4, but, at my age, my wife thinks that's a good thing.

Sam A. Kersh
NRA Patron
csmkersh@thegunnerslair.com
My Web Page
When Seconds count the police are only minutes away.

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #55 on: February 15, 2011, 10:41:37 AM »
The main problem I have with Ford's gas trucks is the rough ride. The F250 Superduty we have at work is rather reliable, but damn if it won't jar your teeth out going over the smallest of bumps that my Silverado doesn't even notice...the F-150s I test drove before I brought my Silverado were also similarly rough (that was before the frickin' bailout, by the way, or I would definitley have gone with a Ford)

Their post Powerstroke diesels are pretty sorry...shame.

My F250 also has seriously overbuilt suspension.  Empty, it rides... like a truck.

It evens out a whole lot if you have some weight it in, which makes sense.  It's designed to safely carry near two tons fully loaded - the suspension has to be rather stiff if it's to do this.

If you want to drive a truck with no load in the bed all day, drive a car or suv.

go_bang

« Reply #56 on: February 15, 2011, 10:54:16 AM »
My F250 also has seriously overbuilt suspension.  Empty, it rides... like a truck.

It evens out a whole lot if you have some weight it in, which makes sense.  It's designed to safely carry near two tons fully loaded - the suspension has to be rather stiff if it's to do this.

If you want to drive a truck with no load in the bed all day, drive a car or suv.

Or get a Honda Ridgeline.   :-P

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #57 on: February 15, 2011, 11:41:27 AM »
You couldn't give me a million dollars for my 1982 K10

Fully debugged technology  =)

And you can actually work on it yourself.

But the < 1981 models had the heavy duty iron transfer case instead of the aluminum chain drive.
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Pharmacology

• friends
« Reply #58 on: February 16, 2011, 11:28:30 AM »
Fully debugged technology  smiley
And you can actually work on it yourself.
But the < 1981 models had the heavy duty iron transfer case instead of the aluminum chain drive.

Heheh, well, with more than 200,000 on the 350, and at least that on the 6.2L diesel it had before, I've got no qualms with the Al. :)

I wouldn't mind an NP205, though :)

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #59 on: February 16, 2011, 11:31:23 AM »
Heheh, well, with more than 200,000 on the 350, and at least that on the 6.2L diesel it had before, I've got no qualms with the Al. :)

I wouldn't mind an NP205, though :)

Much better for pulling stumps, and pulling semi-trucks out of the ditch  :lol:
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin