Author Topic: Is Leonard Nimoy really especially intelligent?  (Read 11418 times)

Gowen

• Metal smith
  • friend
    • Gemoriah.com
Re: Is Leonard Nimoy really especially intelligent?
« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2011, 02:42:41 PM »
Financial success is real easy, spend less than you make.  Investing money, that is another subject.  I've gotten lucky and I've lost my socks.  I've bought Coca-Cola cheap and my some money.  I bought another stock cheap and did not sell when it went up and lost money.  I've learned some since then.

BTW Thinking that Leonard Nimoy is especially intelligent is like thinking that Alex Trebek is especially intelligent.  They are actors and they play their part well.  As said, they would probably be in the Hollywood Mensa club for their lack of foot in mouth disorder.
"That's my hat, I'm the leader!" Napoleon the Bloodhound

Gemoriah.com

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2011, 02:57:19 PM »
Gowen, the only reason I was asking is that he appears to either be type cast as a brainy type, or perhaps actually is. It would seem he's not dumb.

I don't regret not making more money, but I do regret not going on more adventures.

I've never been into making money for the sake of making money. However, money is necessary for most everything I like to do or would like to do.

As for him being smart enough to become an actor, which is what he wanted to do, there's something to that. I wanted very much to become a professional photographer. There's lots of people who would like to, and fewer who do. I was very proud of that. It was glorious while it lasted.

Gowen

• Metal smith
  • friend
    • Gemoriah.com
« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2011, 03:15:19 PM »
No disrespect intended.  They are type cast well.  As far as making money, I really don't have squat and in a week, the only money coming in will be by my own hands.
"That's my hat, I'm the leader!" Napoleon the Bloodhound

Gemoriah.com

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #28 on: December 24, 2011, 03:19:57 PM »
Financial success is real easy, spend less than you make.

I've been self employed, and let me tell you that it is hard to spend less than some negative amount  :lol:
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #29 on: December 24, 2011, 05:47:07 PM »
Financial success ain't everything.

I don't regret not making more money, but I do regret not going on more adventures.

A lot of that "kind of smarts" is understanding people, which I never have.  I went into business thinking people were like me, which they most definitely are not. :(

Let me guess.  Up in the INTJ corner, with the rest of us misfits.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2011, 07:10:33 PM »

Perhaps the most fundamental problem, however, is that INTJs really want people to make sense.
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #31 on: December 24, 2011, 11:04:02 PM »

Speak for yourself. INFP here.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

erictank

• friends
« Reply #32 on: December 25, 2011, 05:05:45 AM »
Perhaps the most fundamental problem, however, is that INTJs really want people to make sense.

Oh dear God, YES!

I understand that they don't, and that they never will.  Doesn't change the fact that I *WANT* them to. :facepalm:

Which means that I make no more sense than they do, wanting people to change their fundamental nature.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #33 on: December 25, 2011, 09:38:12 AM »
Oh dear God, YES!

I understand that they don't, and that they never will.  Doesn't change the fact that I *WANT* them to. :facepalm:

Which means that I make no more sense than they do, wanting people to change their fundamental nature.

OH, they make sense.  Just not the kind of sense we want them to. 
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

erictank

• friends
« Reply #34 on: December 25, 2011, 10:53:07 AM »
OH, they make sense.  Just not the kind of sense we want them to. 

Like I said...  =D