Author Topic: Philadelphia Help  (Read 524 times)

Vodka7

• friend
Philadelphia Help
« on: August 22, 2006, 07:00:41 PM »
Evening all,

I moved to Philly about a month ago, and I've decided to finally start taking some steps to firing, buying, and carrying my first handgun.  I've done all the research I knew to do on packing.org, Google, and THR, but I wasn't able to find much on a good place to actually take an introductory pistols course.

Is there anyone from the area who could recommend a good location?  I want somewhere that will start at the very beginning, and will spend a lot of time on safely using, purchasing, and maintaining a handgun.  Price really doesn't matter, but to put a figure on it I'm not looking to spend more than $100 for the course, including rental/ammo/etc.

If anyone has recommendations on good ranges and gun shops, that'd be great too, but right now my first priority is to get some hands on learning experience.  Aside from the rough guideline for price, the only other requirement is that the location has to be accessible by public transportation.

Or, if you've got any tips on the CHL process, that'd be nice too, but from packing.org and the Philly PD I think I've got enough info on how to proceed down that line, when I'm ready.

Thanks.