Author Topic: what happens when our troops get to use .50s against the enemy?  (Read 9000 times)

Target Farget

what happens when our troops get to use .50s against the enemy?
« on: November 15, 2006, 10:43:07 AM »
http://garytakahashi.md/braden/NastyMeds.wmv
caution: gore and violence against terroist scumbags

those arent rocks or dirt flying from the bullit impacts, theyre parts and pieces of what used to be brave and glorious Taliban Warriors.

let's have an oo-ra! for our boys over there and please take a moment to pray for the safety of our troops and pass this message on if you truly support them.

wingnutx

• friend
  • Danish Cartoonist
    • http://www.punk-rock.com
Re: what happens when our troops get to use .50s against the enemy?
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2006, 10:51:19 AM »
Those are "rock chucks" being shot with a varmint rifle.

Target Farget

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2006, 10:57:31 AM »
i in my twenty years of hunting prairie dogs have many differents types of kills. these shots are not of prairie dogs,they do not live in areas like these. And when shot with a weapon of this type of report and blast they absolutly disenagrate. take it as you want but these are human targets.  i have a hard time believing that a 22-250 can do that much damage to a prairie dog or rock chuck? It would have to be a more substantial load, and seeing that i work with ammo and study ballistics everyday for my job...i think i would know.

although the range is hard to guess at in the first 3 shots there is no doubt that it`s at least a half a mile if not more in the 4th shot. no other rifle has an effective range at 1/2 mile or more.
if that last shot was a Prarrie Dog at such a range, then that`s equivalant to shooting a dime at 100 yards with a .22.
i don`t think even Dan`l Boone was that good.

sorry, your theory don`t wash with me.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2006, 11:08:22 AM »
If this is what I think it is - I can't stream video here, but the url looks very similar - it's not Taliban warriors being slain, it is critters.

It was a tongue in cheek joke.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

wingnutx

• friend
  • Danish Cartoonist
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2006, 11:13:25 AM »
Funny, I saw this video several times before 9/11 even happened. There's a site that sells them.

Here's a similar one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzYVcQVf-Bo

In the more rugged areas on the slopes of mountains and in the valley areas nearby, mountain lions, bobcats, marmots,

Rockchucks are also knows as Yellow-bellied Marmots.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2006, 11:13:51 AM »
Those are "rock chucks" being shot with a varmint rifle

i in my twenty years of hunting prairie dogs have many differents types of kills.

A rock chuck and a prairie dog are two completely diff'rent critters. Chucks are significantly larger than prairie dogs and tend to live in mountainous areas. The vids are of chucks being it with hit with rifles.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

wingnutx

• friend
  • Danish Cartoonist
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2006, 11:16:36 AM »
You'd think that someone named Target Marmot would know when a marmot is the target.

grin

wingnutx

• friend
  • Danish Cartoonist
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2006, 11:17:41 AM »
A small target close up looks a lot like a bigger target far away.

grin

BakerMikeRomeo

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2006, 11:19:39 AM »
what happens when our troops get to use .50s against the enemy?

you fail the internet.

~GnSx

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2006, 11:21:37 AM »
hah, that's funny, I received this a while back and asked the sender what the targets were and he said "PEOPLE!!" Now I can clearly see it's some form of oversized and very unfortunte rodent type thing. There used to be another site around about prairie dogs. That was pretty gnarly too.  shocked

Avoid cliches like the plague!

Target Farget

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2006, 11:22:19 AM »
Prarrie Dogs my foot, the first shoot clearly shows a guy kneeling on a black mate praying facing to the right of your monitor and if you look closly you can see his weapon leaning against a back pack in the forground towards the shooter. If you look even closer you can see him slightly bobbing back and forworth as he is praying.
I watched the footage over and over but must admit at first i wasnt sure what was been shot. Take another look. The way those body parts went flying weather you believe they were Prarrie Dogs or not can only be done with a large cal weapon. Ive shot many different animals in my life time from deer to rats spaning over my my years using .270 cal down to .22 and they came no where near doing the damge i saw on that footage. My shot gun at close range may have blown a rabit in half or a limb off but not projected it 50 to 100 feet in all directions. A weapon would have to have awesome hitting power to do that and at over 1/2 a mile it sure was no standart issue.

here is an email from my friend commenting on this whole thing

i am an old u.s.naval intelligence nco.and i am amazed at the responces of some of your replyers.
evidently they have no idea of the weapons and ammo that we had even back in the fifties.after watching the video,i would guess the range at 1000 yards,the weapon as a 50 cal.the ammo as soft projectile hollow point,the target as human.
the shooter is probably navy seal.of course i am only 90-95% sure.as for all of the rest of the evidently not educated comments on here,we used to have an old saying,"don't you have anything else you should be doing?"however,it is funny to read comments from people.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2006, 11:22:41 AM »
How can you estimate distance based on camera footage?  You don't know how much he was zooming in or if he zoomed all the way out. 
It is obvious if you look that those are small animals, not people.  No one said they were prarie dogs.  I have never been around mountains like that but half the Louie L'Amour novels talked about marmuts and stuff.
I never heard if anyone ever proved it was 22-250.  It could be 300 Winmag for all I know. 

Lastly, this has been posted on multiple sites over the 3 or 4 years.  It is nothing new and it certainly it not humans being shot.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2006, 11:31:47 AM »
i am an old u.s.naval intelligence nco
False authority syndrome.

In the 4th shot, you can even see the critter scramble like a rodent. 

Chris

Target Farget

« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2006, 11:39:30 AM »
what about the indeniable arm that flys up in the 3rd shot? I feel bad for the owners of suchs guns that get guss for it, but that aint no squirrel arm. how the hell can you explain that arm? and the geography of the video is nowhere near that of known prairie dog or meerkat habitats but is in fact in afghanistan!

Brad Johnson

• friend
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2006, 11:42:24 AM »
Prarrie Dogs my foot, the first shoot clearly shows a guy kneeling on a black mate praying facing to the right of your monitor and if you look closly you can see his weapon leaning against a back pack in the forground towards the shooter. If you look even closer you can see him slightly bobbing back and forworth as he is praying.
I watched the footage over and over but must admit at first i wasnt sure what was been shot. Take another look. The way those body parts went flying weather you believe they were Prarrie Dogs or not can only be done with a large cal weapon. Ive shot many different animals in my life time from deer to rats spaning over my my years using .270 cal down to .22 and they came no where near doing the damge i saw on that footage. My shot gun at close range may have blown a rabit in half or a limb off but not projected it 50 to 100 feet in all directions. A weapon would have to have awesome hitting power to do that and at over 1/2 a mile it sure was no standart issue.

here is an email from my friend commenting on this whole thing

i am an old u.s.naval intelligence nco.and i am amazed at the responces of some of your replyers.
evidently they have no idea of the weapons and ammo that we had even back in the fifties.after watching the video,i would guess the range at 1000 yards,the weapon as a 50 cal.the ammo as soft projectile hollow point,the target as human.
the shooter is probably navy seal.of course i am only 90-95% sure.as for all of the rest of the evidently not educated comments on here,we used to have an old saying,"don't you have anything else you should be doing?"however,it is funny to read comments from people.

A) Calibrate your monitor
B) Have your eyeglass prescription checked
C) Don't believe everything you see on the internet

smiley

This vid has been all over the internet for years. The myth that it's a vid of terrorists being hit with a .50 BMG was dispelled long ago. It's chucks being hit at varying distances with magnum-class rifles. Nothing more.

Hitting a 20 lb varmint with something like a .25 WSSM that's carrying still carrying 1500 ft/lb of energy @300 yds (115gr BTSP) is going to do some damage. Heck, the same cartridge at around 100 yds is enough to take a 50 lb coyote and flip it in the air.

Brad

p.s. - You keep referring to "Prairie Dogs". It's not. It's rock chucks, AKA yellow-bellied marmots. Two different critters, and the chucks live in mountainous areas.

(seems like all that's been said before somewhere  undecided ...)
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

wingnutx

• friend
  • Danish Cartoonist
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2006, 11:56:15 AM »
That's why they are called "rock" chucks.

Not because they deal crack.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2006, 12:31:27 PM »
I heard that the tangos killed in that video were linked to an attempted terrorist attack in a mall and also a haunted bear.  Also, I second the Navy Seal suggestion.  Them seals shoot real accurate. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2006, 12:42:44 PM »
Looks like Taliban fighters in animal suits, they are smaller than us Americans, you know.  You can see the glint of the zippers in the 1st shot.   rolleyes
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

wingnutx

• friend
  • Danish Cartoonist
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2006, 12:58:23 PM »
taliban furries? I approve of shooting them types.

You can tell that a seal made that first shot, 'cause you can hear him slapping his flippers together in glee after he kills the guy.

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2006, 01:36:42 PM »
So, if this is "our troops using .50s against the enemy", then in that third shot, a .50 BMG round is capable of not only tearing a human body nearly in half, but also capable of flinging it up vertically at least 15 or 20 feet.  Now, a 30mm cannon *may* be capable of such a feat.  But lets be realistic.   Those are rock chucks, and that's a magnum caliber hunting rifle.  It's a debunked myth.  Go to this website:  http://www.rmvh.com/Scenes.htm and click on "rock chucks".  You'll see several of the same scenes...

Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

Brad Johnson

• friend
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2006, 01:56:15 PM »
I think it's pancakes shaped like rock chucks. That's not blood, it's maple syrup.

Brad
-HankB

BakerMikeRomeo

« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2006, 02:00:15 PM »
and the geography of the video is nowhere near that of known prairie dog or meerkat habitats but is in fact in afghanistan!

Not a Meerkat. Not a Prarie Dog. ROCK. CHUCK. Read!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rockchuck
"It lives in the mountains of the western United States and Canada, including the Rocky Mountains and the Sierra Nevada."
Huh. Those rocks look a lot like mountains to me. Possibly like the ones in... the Western US and Canada? Oh. What's that sound? Can't you hear it? It's.. it's.. could it be? That's right, it's owned.

as for all of the rest of the evidently not educated comments

Yes. Surely our "responces" and "replys" and our inability to capitalize betray our "indeniable" lack of education!

"don't you have anything else you should be doing?"

No. Don't you have a poor, lonely Shift key just begging for some attention?

~GnSx

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2006, 02:07:27 PM »
Somebody has to ask...

How much rock could a rock chuck chuck if a rock chuck could chuck rock?

rolleyes
Avoid cliches like the plague!

Brad Johnson

• friend
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2006, 02:09:56 PM »
Somebody has to ask...

How much rock could a rock chuck chuck if a rock chuck could chuck rock?

rolleyes

It was inevitable...

Brad
-HankB

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2006, 02:11:59 PM »
i am an old u.s.naval intelligence nco
False authority syndrome.

In the 4th shot, you can even see the critter scramble like a rodent. 

Chris

You'd also think that someone who supposedly spent time in Naval Intelligence would spell just a tad better.

"evidently they have no idea of the weapons and ammo that we had even back in the fifties"

Interesting that someone who claims to have been in Naval Intelligence would also be a supposed authority on weapons.

I say without hesitation that the people here are FAR more cognizant of the types of weapons and munitions available.

"after watching the video,i would guess the range at 1000 yards,the weapon as a 50 cal.the ammo as soft projectile hollow point,the target as human."

Soft projectile? Such as Charmin toilet tissue? Squeezably soft and hyper deadly, to boot?

Give it up.

These videos have been THOROUGHLY debunked.

They're not shot in Talibanland. They're not shooting at Taliban.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.