Poll

Men: Would you prefer to marry a virgin woman?

Yes
No
No preference

Author Topic: Men: Would you prefer to marry a virgin woman?  (Read 5378 times)

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
Re: Men: Would you prefer to marry a virgin woman?
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2018, 12:21:31 AM »
Damn you, Speedy.  I've been waiting for years to craft a good pun with cloaca.

I voted no preference.  Doesn't make a vast difference.

(Go ahead ^.  You know you want to. :D )

However, in terms of the poll questions, isn't "virgin woman" a contradiction in terms?

IKR? Kinda hard word to work into normal conversation!
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2018, 12:26:52 AM »
Hypothetically, what is your preference?   ???

It wasn't hypothetical in my case.

Perhaps I'm ignorant but is there some Christian proscription on marrying non-virgins?

Strictly speaking, no. But...

The admonition against being unequally yoked is often interpreted to mean, among other things, that Christians should only marry believers. Believers are expected to reserve sex for marriage. So there's that.

Obviously, the Christian bride or groom may have had some, uh, experience from before they believed. Or may have strayed after.

So, no, there's no real proscription.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2018, 07:33:00 AM »
Do you expect a bunch of guys who have probably compromised on that issue to give you an honest answer?

Not too many men have a clapped out party girl as their ideal but in this day and age you take what you can get.

The longer you wait to get married the higher the percentage of available women you meet who’ve spent time on the cock carousel.

As was mentioned previously, I’m also too old to have that as an expectation in any potential mates. The best us old guys can hope for is finding someone who isn’t jaded from decades of being pumped and dumped.

« Last Edit: July 26, 2018, 08:02:24 AM by Ron »
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2018, 11:58:31 AM »
Married a virgin. Haven't regretted it, in fact I have enjoyed being her first, best and only (as she has mine).

Yes, the first night was awkward, but we still made it work (several times)  =D
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2018, 04:27:43 PM »
Married a virgin. Haven't regretted it, in fact I have enjoyed being her first, best and only (as she has mine).

it's not that hard to figure out.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2018, 04:38:53 PM »

I'm considerably more cool with the idea when it's both parties going to the wedding night as (educated) virgins. My issue is when it's just the female that's expected to be "pure", which has been mostly the case for centuries, especially as "pure" often means completely ignorant of the ways things work as well as physically untouched.

Too many woman end up with really crappy ideas about sex and unsatisfactory sex lives largely due to the concept of "sexual purity".
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
Re: Re: Men: Would you prefer to marry a virgin woman?
« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2018, 05:01:20 PM »
it's not that hard to figure out.
Just don't put the square peg in the round hole.

That's a little more advanced activity....

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2018, 06:33:39 PM »

We did a similar thing,  but in highschool, with an interlude of several years while she went to college and I joined the military.  Saw other people and did our own thing, ended up together happily in the end.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2018, 01:42:42 AM »

We weren't virgins on our wedding night, but we've only ever been with each other. 

The idea you have find out if you're "sexually compatible" I think is mostly bunk.  Like I think HeroHog said, it's something you can and should learn over time together how to do to mutual satisfaction.  It's got to be a rather rare couple that can't make that happen if they actually want to and have otherwise gone into the marriage for the right reasons.  Most of the time when that fails there are much deeper issues not being addressed.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2018, 02:20:30 PM »
We weren't virgins on our wedding night, but we've only ever been with each other. 

The idea you have find out if you're "sexually compatible" I think is mostly bunk.  Like I think HeroHog said, it's something you can and should learn over time together how to do to mutual satisfaction. It's got to be a rather rare couple that can't make that happen if they actually want to and have otherwise gone into the marriage for the right reasons.  Most of the time when that fails there are much deeper issues not being addressed.

I hate to even have to go there, but... Well, you don't really know, since you have no basis for comparison.

I've been with guys that were rubbish, relationship wise, but AWESOME in bed and I've been with promising relationship guys and, well, meh...

You may be very happy with what you're getting but some of that may be due to the "ignorance is bliss" factor.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2018, 02:28:12 PM »
I saw this earlier.  I hope it is not offensive, but I guess it illustrates the priorities of a lot of young men.
"Bless me Father, for I have sinned. I have been with a loose girl."
The priest asks, "Is that you, little Joey Pagano?"
"Yes, Father, it is."
"And who was the girl you were with?"
"I can't tell you, Father. I don't want to ruin her reputation."
"Well, Joey, I'm sure to find out her name sooner or later so you may as well tell me now. Was it Tina Minetti?"
"I cannot say."
"Was it Teresa Mazzarelli?"
"I'll never tell."
"Was it Nina Capelli?"
"I'm sorry, but I cannot name her."
"Was it Cathy Piriano?"
"My lips are sealed."
"Was it Rosa DiAngelo, then?"
"Please, Father! I cannot tell you."
The priest sighs in frustration. "You're very tight lipped, and I admire that. But you've sinned and have to atone. You cannot be an altar boy now for 4 months. Now you go and behave yourself."
Joey walks back to his pew, and his friend Franco slides over and whispers, "What'd you get?"
"Four months vacation and five good leads..."
« Last Edit: July 27, 2018, 03:24:48 PM by MechAg94 »
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2018, 04:41:50 PM »
I saw this earlier.  I hope it is not offensive, but I guess it illustrates the priorities of a lot of young men.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2018, 04:51:49 PM »
I hate to even have to go there, but... Well, you don't really know, since you have no basis for comparison.

I've been with guys that were rubbish, relationship wise, but AWESOME in bed and I've been with promising relationship guys and, well, meh...

You may be very happy with what you're getting but some of that may be due to the "ignorance is bliss" factor.
Counterpoint: have you ever tried being with the same partner who has spent a decade or more learning your body and what you like?

lupinus

• friends
« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2018, 06:44:18 PM »
Counterpoint: have you ever tried being with the same partner who has spent a decade or more learning your body and what you like?
Yes.

And she was miserable at it.

That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2018, 07:59:00 PM »
Ditto, to an extent.  She was only concerned about what she liked.  I was a mere prop.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2018, 10:57:34 PM »
Ditto, to an extent.  She was only concerned about what she liked.  I was a mere prop.

I'm pretty sure some people pay extra for that. =D
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #42 on: July 27, 2018, 11:28:31 PM »
Yes.

And she was miserable at it.

Yeah, I married that. Nothing like being responsible for your good time and hers.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #43 on: July 28, 2018, 03:20:27 PM »
Do you expect a bunch of guys who have probably compromised on that issue to give you an honest answer?

Not too many men have a clapped out party girl as their ideal but in this day and age you take what you can get.

The longer you wait to get married the higher the percentage of available women you meet who’ve spent time on the cock carousel.

As was mentioned previously, I’m also too old to have that as an expectation in any potential mates. The best us old guys can hope for is finding someone who isn’t jaded from decades of being pumped and dumped.

Because you aren't jaded on the subject at all.  ;/

lupinus

• friends
Re: Re: Re: Men: Would you prefer to marry a virgin woman?
« Reply #44 on: July 28, 2018, 03:54:17 PM »
Yeah, I married that. Nothing like being responsible for your good time and hers.
"that's your job" was her favorite line.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #45 on: July 28, 2018, 04:59:54 PM »
Men: Would you prefer to marry a virgin woman?

Better than marrying a virgin man.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

lupinus

• friends
« Reply #46 on: July 28, 2018, 05:21:40 PM »
Better than marrying a virgin man.
Hey hey hey, we don't judge these days.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #47 on: July 28, 2018, 11:58:56 PM »
Because you aren't jaded on the subject at all.  ;/
To be aware and observant is to flirt with being jaded.

I’ve certainly not been part of the solution.

Yet, neither do I kid myself with rationalizations of my past behaviors, nor have I adopted a morality/philosophy that excuses my past behaviors.

Strong marriages = strong families = strong communities = strong cities = strong states = a strong nation.

Men and women whoring around undermines the family, the foundational unit of a strong nation.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #48 on: July 29, 2018, 12:04:45 AM »

This...
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #49 on: July 29, 2018, 01:21:24 AM »
To be aware and observant is to flirt with being jaded.

I’ve certainly not been part of the solution.

Yet, neither do I kid myself with rationalizations of my past behaviors, nor have I adopted a morality/philosophy that excuses my past behaviors.

Strong marriages = strong families = strong communities = strong cities = strong states = a strong nation.

Men and women whoring around undermines the family, the foundational unit of a strong nation.

This kind of judgmental moralizing will destroy the Republican Party. Except for that Donald Trump guy. We need you to just judge him right out of the party.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife