Poll

Men: Would you prefer to marry a virgin woman?

Yes
No
No preference

Author Topic: Men: Would you prefer to marry a virgin woman?  (Read 5382 times)

Phyphor

• friend
Re: Men: Would you prefer to marry a virgin woman?
« Reply #50 on: July 29, 2018, 01:50:11 AM »
As for me, I don't really care.

As long as she's faithful to me, that's close enough.
"You know what's messed-up about taxes?
You don't even pay taxes. They take tax.
You get your check, money gone.
That ain't a payment, that's a jack." - Chris Rock "Bigger and Blacker"
He slapped his rifle. "This is one of the best arguments for peace there is. Nobody wants to shoot if somebody is going to shoot back. " Callaghen, Callaghen, Louis La'mour

Mannlicher

• Grumpy Old Gator
  • friend
  • The Bonnie Blue
« Reply #51 on: July 30, 2018, 02:12:00 PM »
I'm on my fourth.  None were virgo intacta. 

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
Re: Re: Men: Would you prefer to marry a virgin woman?
« Reply #52 on: July 30, 2018, 05:39:28 PM »
To be aware and observant is to flirt with being jaded.

I’ve certainly not been part of the solution.

Yet, neither do I kid myself with rationalizations of my past behaviors, nor have I adopted a morality/philosophy that excuses my past behaviors.

Strong marriages = strong families = strong communities = strong cities = strong states = a strong nation.

Men and women whoring around undermines the family, the foundational unit of a strong nation.
Cause everyone though history has been pure and it's just those damned folks who suddenly couldn't keep it in their pants mucking things up.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #53 on: July 30, 2018, 06:51:54 PM »
I would prefer to marry the right woman for me.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Re: Men: Would you prefer to marry a virgin woman?
« Reply #54 on: July 30, 2018, 11:56:55 PM »
To be aware and observant is to flirt with being jaded.

I’ve certainly not been part of the solution.

Yet, neither do I kid myself with rationalizations of my past behaviors, nor have I adopted a morality/philosophy that excuses my past behaviors.

Strong marriages = strong families = strong communities = strong cities = strong states = a strong nation.

Men and women whoring around undermines the family, the foundational unit of a strong nation.

Cause everyone though history has been pure and it's just those damned folks who suddenly couldn't keep it in their pants mucking things up.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

That's a knee-jerk reaction to a conservative viewpoint; not a reasoned response. Ron didn't say there was a Golden Age of chastity, purity, Greatness, and universal peace.

From the statistics I've heard about, rates of one-parent households (largely families abandoned by the father(s)) have risen to dizzying levels in black America, accompanied by many other negatives for that group. Hispanics are following closely behind them. The rates have gone up for whites, as well, if I recall correctly. Sure, you can point to signs of improvement (e.g., the crime rate has come back down). That doesn't mean there aren't consequences to the weakening of the family.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #55 on: July 31, 2018, 03:44:00 PM »
I'm somewhat surprised this has not been addressed in this thread:

https://ifstudies.org/blog/counterintuitive-trends-in-the-link-between-premarital-sex-and-marital-stability/

The number of sexual partners a woman has had prior to marriage is positively related to the chances of her divorcing.

Once again, it seems the "traditional" ways of doing things may have had important reasons behind them...
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #56 on: July 31, 2018, 09:56:19 PM »

https://ifstudies.org/blog/counterintuitive-trends-in-the-link-between-premarital-sex-and-marital-stability/

The number of sexual partners a woman has had prior to marriage is positively related to the chances of her divorcing.

Once again, it seems the "traditional" ways of doing things may have had important reasons behind them...

The only reason I can think of for labeling these results "counterintuitive" is that the author hoped the result would be the opposite. To me the result doesn't seem at all counterintuitive.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #57 on: August 01, 2018, 11:35:47 AM »
Men: Would you prefer to marry a virgin woman?
Yes
No
No preference

Hypothetically, what is your preference?   ???

Something popped up a couple weeks back in social media I follow, to the effect that a man ought to prefer a virgin without tattoos or debt.  This question is from that?

Depends when in life you're at.  At 20, the filter lowers the chance of drama greatly.   At 60 the calculation is quite different.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #58 on: August 01, 2018, 12:23:10 PM »
Something popped up a couple weeks back in social media I follow, to the effect that a man ought to prefer a virgin without tattoos or debt.  This question is from that?

Depends when in life you're at.  At 20, the filter lowers the chance of drama greatly.   At 60 the calculation is quite different.

You're saying that at 60 a woman with tats and a debt load is likely to bring less drama into your life?

Interesting hypothesis ...
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #59 on: August 01, 2018, 04:42:49 PM »

Which traditional ones, exactly? Because there's been a heck of a lot of cultural differences aside from just people likely to be virgins when they marry that could also easily be argued to go with that.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.