Author Topic: FOIA Docs Show TSA Scanner Radiation Problem Worse Than Reported  (Read 496 times)

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
http://amyalkon.mensnewsdaily.com/2011/06/28/foia-docs-show-tsa-scanner-radiation-problem-worse-than-reported/
http://epic.org/privacy/airtravel/backscatter/epic_v_dhs_radiation.html

•The DHS has publicly mischaracterized the findings of the National Institute of Standards and Technology, stating that NIST "affirmed the safety" of full body scanners. NIST stated that the Institute did not, in fact, test full body scanners for safety, and that the Institute does not do product testing.

•A Johns Hopkins University study revealed that radiation zones around body scanners could exceed the "General Public Dose Limit."

•A NIST study warns airport screeners to avoid standing next to full body scanners.

I can't believe TSA lied to us. 
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Gowen

• Metal smith
  • friend
    • Gemoriah.com
Re: FOIA Docs Show TSA Scanner Radiation Problem Worse Than Reported
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2011, 05:41:15 PM »
Since TSA enforcers had to be unionized, thank you DNC, we now need them to strike do to unsafe work environment.

Don't forget that agent orange was a safe herbicide too.
"That's my hat, I'm the leader!" Napoleon the Bloodhound

Gemoriah.com

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2011, 05:41:57 PM »
•A Johns Hopkins University study revealed that radiation zones around body scanners could exceed the "General Public Dose Limit."

http://epic.org/privacy/backscatter/radiation_hopkins.pdf

yup  don't stand on top of the machine  and why pray tell did someone (epic?) black out the important data?
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

red headed stranger

• friend
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2011, 06:28:27 PM »
Maybe all the Agents could wear dosimeters. Then we could find out how much radiation they are being hit with. 

Oh wait.  They they aren't allowed to.   :facepalm:

These scanners are one of the most disgusting examples of what you get with crony capitalism. 
Those who learn from history are doomed to watch others repeat it