Author Topic: Spotify, Joe Rogan, Neil Young  (Read 3385 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Spotify, Joe Rogan, Neil Young
« on: January 27, 2022, 09:25:40 AM »
So Neil Young demanded that Spotify either cancel Joe Rogan (apparently their #1 podcast by a lot) or remove his music from their site. They chose the latter and the liberal tears are pretty funny. I was reading something stating that Young doesn't actually even own his music, so didn't even have the muscle to back up his threat. Kudos to Spotify for not getting on their knees.

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2022/01/26/marc-elias-calls-spotify-a-disgraceful-company-because-they-chose-joe-rogan-over-neil-young/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: Spotify, Joe Rogan, Neil Young
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2022, 09:34:27 AM »
Neil Young's still alive?

Didn't know that.

Nor do I really care, actually.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2022, 09:40:02 AM »
Neil Young's still alive?

Didn't know that.

Nor do I really care, actually.

Everybody always raves about Young's music, but I never really liked it. It's interesting that he was always supposed to be a guy who "fights the man" but is now fully embracing the man and attacking people who think differently.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2022, 09:59:54 AM »
I had to go look up his music. Some of it is stuff I like but I've always kind of thought his voice was on the whiney side.  Generally prefer covers done by other singers.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2022, 10:02:07 AM »
Everybody always raves about Young's music, but I never really liked it. It's interesting that he was always supposed to be a guy who "fights the man" but is now fully embracing the man and attacking people who think differently.

Seems like a lot of the old hippies did just that
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2022, 10:29:35 AM »
Spotify don't need him around anyhow.
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2022, 10:46:03 AM »

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2022, 11:13:51 AM »
Seems like a lot of the old hippies did just that
I think it because many of them didn't do it for principles they believed in.  They were just following the popular trend. 

Well, that and many of those old hippies were never libertarian no matter what they might have said. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2022, 11:28:15 AM »

=D

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2022, 01:34:17 PM »
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

DustinD

• I have a title
  • friends
  • I have a personal text message
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2022, 02:08:43 PM »
There's a trigger warning on the post ahead
There's a lot of people sayin' we'd be better off red
Don't feel like a racist, but I am to them
But I try to deconstruct it anyway I can

Keep on derping in a woke world!
"I don't always shoot defenceless women in the face, but when I do, I prefer H-S Precision.

Stay bloodthirsty, my friends."

- Lon Horiuchi

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2022, 02:17:22 PM »
Ha
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2022, 02:30:00 PM »
And the beat goes on.  Let's hope this tiny incident results in more light being shed on the tactics and techniques of the Left.

<sigh>

(Edited to remove sarcastic adjective.)
« Last Edit: January 28, 2022, 12:38:07 PM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2022, 02:37:45 PM »
And the beat goes on.  Let's hope this tiny incident results in more light being shed on the tactics and techniques of the Left.

Not really a tiny incident. Joe Rogan is one of the most popular celebrities around. He's being attacked by multiple sources in an attempt to censure and silence him, but because of his media power, he's been able to tell them to *expletive deleted*ck off, and the entities that work with him are scared shitless of cooperating with the woke crowd because of the great economic impact to them if they do.

It's an important thing that he (and I disagree with a lot of his viewpoints) has the power to not only fight back, but destroy the SJWs, because there are a ton of people that the same SJWs just disappeared because those people didn't have the power to fight the woke army and big tech. Ref: Parler. Or even Donald Trump.

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2022, 04:10:35 PM »
`Eff Neil Young and feed him fish! I like most of his music but his politics suck the big one, IMHO.
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2022, 05:24:57 PM »
The sixties are over.

In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2022, 07:32:07 PM »
I drive from Michigan to Florida every winter for 3 months.  I take my time taking several days wandering around. 

The Woke Nation doesn't exist beyond the Innertube, college campii, the Democrats, half the Republicans, the MSM, and the the *expletive deleted*it for brains large companies who listen to their Human Resources nitwits. 

If it were possible to grab a busload of purple hair, nose ring aholes and drive them around they'd start to see the real America...the one that crosses all boundaries with a hat tip, a smile, and a politeness the puts to the lie that is broadcast. 

I drove around Ft. Myers today and all I saw was prosperity in every form you could imagine...everywhere.  Is there a lower level out there?  Sure.  As the bible says, "...the poor will always be with you...".  Well help out if you can in whatever way you can.  Prosperity in America is attainable if you wish to expend some effort.  FJB and Woke Generation.  They are all fools, liars, and Regressive.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2022, 08:51:32 PM »
A few years back, during the St. Louis Troubles, we had a lot of protesters venture to the city from their natural habitats. Some of them got lost.

Saw a couple of them late on an August afternoon. They'd been doing a "shut down a major roadway" thing all day. They were wearing their "I am different" clothing. Black, on black, on black... And everywhere there was exposed, pasty, flabby skin, there was bright lobster red.

I saw them in a local grocery store. They were attempting to find sunburn ointment. And they were seriously freaked out by the folks they were seeing. Scary people, untamed people... They were frickin' scurrying like today's covid dancers to try to get through the store without interacting with any of the people who they were ostensibly attempting to "help."
Blog under construction

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2022, 09:12:31 PM »
So Neil Young demanded that Spotify either cancel Joe Rogan (apparently their #1 podcast by a lot) or remove his music from their site. They chose the latter and the liberal tears are pretty funny. I was reading something stating that Young doesn't actually even own his music, so didn't even have the muscle to back up his threat. Kudos to Spotify for not getting on their knees.

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2022/01/26/marc-elias-calls-spotify-a-disgraceful-company-because-they-chose-joe-rogan-over-neil-young/

This was a topic of discussion at work today. The unanimous opinion was, "Buh bye, Neil. Don't let the door hit you on the way out."
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2022, 09:19:16 PM »
His terms are acceptable.   

Drink bleach,  boomer.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2022, 10:02:50 AM »
Now Young is trying to get other artists to make the same demands of Spotify. Sadly, in this article they mention that Spotify said they have already censored over 20,000 accounts for "covid related content", whatever that means. Goes back to what I said about non-famous people being stomped on because they don't have the means to fight back.

Members only article, but here's a snippet:

Singer-songwriter Neil Young asked other artists to pull their music from Spotify after pulling his from the streaming service to protest against its hosting of popular podcaster Joe Rogan.

Spotify said Wednesday that it would remove Young’s music from its platform following his demand that the company either remove his music or cancel Rogan and his podcast.

“I sincerely hope that other artists and record companies will move off the Spotify platform and stop supporting Spotify’s deadly misinformation about Covid,” the “Heart of Gold” singer wrote in a letter published on his website. He didn’t specify what “deadly misinformation” is being allegedly pushed on Rogan’s podcast.

Young, also a longtime left-wing activist, then claimed that “most of the listeners hearing the unfactual, misleading and false COVID information on SPOTIFY are 24 years old, impressionable and easy to swing to the wrong side of the truth.”

https://www.theepochtimes.com/neil-young-asks-other-artists-to-pull-music-from-spotify-after-joe-rogan-ultimatum_4241246.html?utm_source=ai&utm_medium=search

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2022, 10:08:51 AM »
Free speech to a liberal means being free from speech they don't want to hear.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

zahc

• friend
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2022, 11:33:33 AM »
Y'all need to get better at 1) never ever believe the story as presented, especially if it flatters your biases and 2) follow the money.

Neil Young is trying to launch his own streaming service because he's not happy about the tiny commissions Spotify pay him. And Spotify is obviously his biggest competitor. And if you want to launch your own streaming platform, it's bad marketing to stay on Spotify because people will just keep listening to you on Spotify and not pay for another subscription to listen to something that they are already paying to listen to on Spotify. He has to exit Spotify, just like Disney pulled all their content from Netflix when they launched Disney+. This is entirely about him trying to exit Spotify in a way that 0) results in media attention, good or bad doesn't matter, which has succeeded thanks to drones propagating the story, including here 1) doesn't make him look simply jealous of more successful acts like JRE which he probably is 2) doesn't make him look greedy for thinking he merits higher commissions than everyone else, instead he has a self-righteous smokescreen to exit Spotify while covering up to real reason for leaving (greed/capitalism) 3) makes Spotify look bad to some people for hosting and making money off misinformation 4) will help him extract some Spotify content providers to his platform while hopefully avoiding them questioning why they should go on his platform, for which the real reason it exists at all is so that Niel Young can scrape their commissions instead of Spotify.

It's a perfectly strategic move; has nothing to do with any sincere belief.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2022, 11:40:30 AM »
And Clapton has spoken - Is the God of Guitars still on Spotify?

https://youtu.be/dNt4NIQ7FTA

https://youtu.be/DirL4RI1448
Blog under construction