Author Topic: Spotify, Joe Rogan, Neil Young  (Read 3389 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Spotify, Joe Rogan, Neil Young
« Reply #50 on: February 02, 2022, 12:14:34 PM »
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #51 on: February 02, 2022, 08:11:53 PM »
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #52 on: February 02, 2022, 08:49:25 PM »
Debate is doomed. The woke idiots do not (or choose not to) understand that differences of opinion do not constitute "misinformation." Their attitude is that any information that departs from their version of "fact" is misinformation. They really want us to live in a society that's a cross between 1984 and Brave New World.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #53 on: February 03, 2022, 12:04:18 PM »
Some evidence towards zahc's post regarding Neil Young grifting:

https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2022/02/03/saagar-enjeti-stumbles-across-some-stuff-that-calls-neil-youngs-noble-intentions-into-question/

I think my previous point still stands though: Regardless of Young's selfish grifting, a whole bunch of people are jumping on his grift for political censorship, and trying to destroy innocent people. Kinda makes Neil Young an even bigger *expletive deleted*bag.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

zahc

• friend
« Reply #54 on: February 03, 2022, 12:46:48 PM »
I don't know the full story. All I know is, the story presented is NEVER the full story, especially when anybody claims to be acting out of any sort of altruism.

The likelihood of the stated story matching the real story is inversely proportional to the fame/wealth of the players involved. See: nearly all climate or environmental acts. If an individual person says they recycle to help the planet, or boycott something because it violates their conviction, it might be true. If it's a corporation, government, or washed up celebrity, you can be sure it's not.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #55 on: February 03, 2022, 05:46:01 PM »
Debate is doomed. The woke idiots do not (or choose not to) understand that differences of opinion do not constitute "misinformation." Their attitude is that any information that departs from their version of "fact" is misinformation. They really want us to live in a society that's a cross between 1984 and Brave New World and Idiocracy.[/i]

Tweaked it a bit.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

DustinD

• I have a title
  • friends
  • I have a personal text message
« Reply #56 on: February 04, 2022, 12:09:30 PM »
Barbra Streisand wants her music pulled off Spotify if Joe Rogan stays on the platform.

This will likely just draw more attention to Joe Rogan and make him and that episode in particular more popular.

We need a catchy name for the affect of trying to censor something making it more popular.
"I don't always shoot defenceless women in the face, but when I do, I prefer H-S Precision.

Stay bloodthirsty, my friends."

- Lon Horiuchi

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #58 on: February 06, 2022, 02:41:37 PM »
Barbra Streisand wants her music pulled off Spotify if Joe Rogan stays on the platform.

This will likely just draw more attention to Joe Rogan and make him and that episode in particular more popular.

We need a catchy name for the affect of trying to censor something making it more popular.

We should name it after some loud-mouth singer and actress, famous for being politically backward and proud of it.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #59 on: February 06, 2022, 09:25:25 PM »
Debate is doomed. The woke idiots do not (or choose not to) understand that differences of opinion do not constitute "misinformation." Their attitude is that any information that departs from their version of "fact" is misinformation. They really want us to live in a society that's a cross between 1984 and Brave New World.

With an unhealthy dose of Idiocracy thrown in for good measure.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #60 on: February 08, 2022, 12:56:23 PM »
Young is now telling Spotify employees to quit their jobs: 
https://www.cnbc.com/2022/02/08/neil-young-urges-spotify-workers-quit-trump-joe-rogan-stop-apologizing.html

Who's going to pay their bills, Neil?  You?
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #61 on: February 08, 2022, 12:57:48 PM »
Like two year olds fighting over the sand box
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #62 on: February 08, 2022, 05:55:29 PM »
Like two year olds fighting over the  sand "tootsie rolls" in the litter box

FTFY
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #63 on: February 09, 2022, 08:51:17 AM »
Joe Rogan is part of the system, he is not a hero or even remotely on my side.

Real tough guy act and then he *let's not go there* when he did nothing wrong. He didn't use *let's not go there* as a slur.

If he was for real his statement would have been, "I love my niggers, I'm their *let's not go there* and they know it, and they love me back so FU."

That would be real and believable, not the ridiculous groveling he engaged in.

The guy trains in MMA gyms and runs in circles where that word gets used regularly. He has nothing to apologize about.

Why is c u c k still blocked?
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #64 on: February 15, 2022, 03:30:59 PM »
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.