Author Topic: I love feel good stories like this...  (Read 772 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
I love feel good stories like this...
« on: February 15, 2022, 02:12:12 PM »
Of course, if Brandon has his way, she wouldn't have been able to defend herself or her son.

Because gun control is for the chillruns... just not her child....

https://www.foxnews.com/us/mom-air-force-veteran-pulls-gun-man-trying-to-get-in-car-son
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
Re: I love feel good stories like this...
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2022, 03:13:11 PM »
We had something like that sort of local (in las vegas) the other day. The shooter will probably be charged with what it looks like now. Thief was driving away and posed no threat that was reported. The other thing I found out was Mercedes either laminates their side windows or the tint hold windows together (see the pictures in article).

https://www.reviewjournal.com/crime/homicides/man-dead-shooter-detained-following-attempted-car-theft-2528903/

bob

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2022, 04:48:06 PM »
I know it wasn't exactly a good shoot, but unless some other facts came up, I doubt I would vote to convict if I were on the jury.  It really sucks that even if they caught and convicted him they probably wouldn't give him any meaningful punishment. 

We complain about the lack of punishment of the politicians who do illegal stuff, but we don't see much difference on the other end.  They might get arrested, but often not much after that.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

HankB

• friend
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2022, 06:12:50 PM »
The cops (who weren't there to protect the guy or his property) "detain" the guy who shot the car thief during the actual commission of the crime. Good chance the shooter will be charged with multiple serious crimes.

It's not going to be long until "regular" people start to regard the police and courts as little more than the security/protection detail for thieves - and worse.

Things will go south in a hurry then.  =(
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2022, 02:22:13 AM »
We had something like that sort of local (in las vegas) the other day. The shooter will probably be charged with what it looks like now. Thief was driving away and posed no threat that was reported.

The criminal was stealing a part of the victim's life.

Blog under construction

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2022, 02:24:30 AM »
Mercedes sells a lot of side lams...

Most of them are not bullet resistant beyond a minimal hit.
Blog under construction

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2022, 08:09:57 AM »
Moved to a new topic, "Fleeing Felons" in the Round Table.

Terry
« Last Edit: February 16, 2022, 08:32:41 AM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2022, 08:13:04 AM »

In the old west, they hanged horse thieves. Isn't your car the modern analog for your horse?

(Yeah, I know. In the old west you couldn't call an Uber horse.)
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2022, 08:17:43 AM »

This times 1000.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2022, 12:00:03 PM »

Absolutely. When I lived in Spokane a guy went outside and started his Suburban and went back in while it warmed up. A local pedestrian saw a running car and decided to drive the rest of the way in this guy's Suburban, loaded with his plumbing tools (livelihood). As he was driving away the plumber shot at him and put one through the rear window and struck the thief in the head (fatal). He claimed the thief pointed something at him, I was always leery of that claim because of the tint on the rear windows but it must have been believable, charged with Manslaughter. Jury didn't see it and he was found not guilty. I think some, if not a large part of it was the guy was stealing his livelihood.

bob

https://www.spokesman.com/stories/2014/apr/11/gerlach-acquitted-in-shooting-death-of-fleeing/