Author Topic: TikTok star’s father guns down obsessed stalker during home invasion  (Read 793 times)

MechAg94

• friend
TikTok star’s father guns down obsessed stalker during home invasion
https://currently.att.yahoo.com/att/cm/tiktok-star-father-guns-down-232603633.html

An 18 year old adult male became obsessed with a 15 year old tiktok girl and ended up breaking into her house only to be shot and killed by the father.
Ava Majury, now 15, is a TikTok star with more than 1 million followers. One of those followers, an individual using the name EricJustin11 – real name Eric Rohan Justin, 18 – became dangerously obsessed with her.

In an interview with The New York Times, Ms Majury's family recounted a terrifying encounter in 2020 involving the stalker and an armed home invasion.

The article does a half way decent job of telling the story of this.  The two things that caught my attention were 1) local friends of hers sold pictures and information to this guy including her cell phone number, and 2) there was more than enough information to get police to go talk to this guy and maybe head off what happened if they had taken the threat seriously and reported it.

Back at the front door, Mr Majury waited with his firearm. The police had yet to arrive when Justin returned with his shotgun.

Mr Majury reportedly told the man to drop his weapon, but Justin refused and aimed his shotgun. Mr Majury then shot and killed the teenager.
I wonder if the guy did that last as a way of committing suicide. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Pb

• friend
Why would anyone let their daughter do this crap?

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis

Money.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

dogmush

• friend

Parents have allowed/forced their kids into entertainment for decades.  Maybe centuries.  And yeah, it's the money plus the promise of being famous, rich, and powerful.

MechAg94

• friend
That part doesn't bother me as much I guess.  I have heard women share stalker stories that started just from classes and such.  If this sort of thing is something the kid enjoys, it can be done while understanding the potential problems it can create.  IMO, they should have taken this more seriously especially when they found out he was buying pictures and information from people she knew locally.  They didn't recognize where it was going. 

On the other side, I am glad the father was armed and was able to use it.  It could have been worse.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Pb

• friend
Allowing your teenage daughter so display herself to hundreds of thousands of strangers for admiration.  That is a recipe for creating a self-centered naracisstic thot, ready to victimized. 

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Allowing your teenage daughter so display herself to hundreds of thousands of strangers for admiration.  That is a recipe for creating a self-centered naracisstic thot, ready to victimized.

Hollywood has been doing it for decades with the parents often looking the other way as the predators there have their way as long as the money keeps flowing. People have been using and selling their daughters for profit for all of recorded history. Disgusting yes but quite common even today.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2022, 12:32:56 PM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
I am not familiar with this person's videos.  The article said she only has her face in the videos.  I have come across lots of different stuff online so yes, it pays to be careful especially with minor children. 

I have heard there are kids who got through Hollywood child star status without too many issues, but it was usually due to parents who protected them.  I don't know if being an online star is quite the same thing, but I imagine the "star" status can still be a bad influence if they don't have a way to stay grounded. 

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
And every once in awhile you get a Rebecca Scheaffer situation.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rebecca_Schaeffer
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

HankB

• friend
Parents have allowed/forced their kids into entertainment for decades.  Maybe centuries.  And yeah, it's the money plus the promise of being famous, rich, and powerful.
I vaguely recall that a law was passed 'way back in the early days of movies because the parents of a child star (Jackie Coogan?) swindled him out of what he'd earned.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

dogmush

• friend
Re: TikTok star’s father guns down obsessed stalker during home invasion
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2022, 02:56:50 PM »
I vaguely recall that a law was passed 'way back in the early days of movies because the parents of a child star (Jackie Coogan?) swindled him out of what he'd earned.

Paging Brittney Spears.  Ms. Spears to the white courtesy phone please.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2022, 07:24:33 AM »
I can see how someone could become obsessed with her. She's quite comely.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2022, 10:41:23 AM »
I can see how someone could become obsessed with her. She's quite comely.
Another Jodi Foster?
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2022, 03:26:02 PM »
Another Jodi Foster?

I've never found Jodie to be that attractive, but yes, same idea.
 Miley Cyrus, Britney Spears too
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2022, 05:13:12 PM »