Main Forums > The Roundtable

I used to get a new computer every couple of years...

<< < (5/5)

Bogie:
Anything I get is likely to get Linux Mint thrown at it after a while... The rarely touched living room music box has Windoze and Word on it if I need to double-check formatting coming from Libre Office...

JTHunter:

--- Quote from: Bogie on April 10, 2024, 10:03:29 PM ---...and this one hit the streets back in 2007.

I think it's time.

I'm cheap. I bought this one as a refurb from Microcenter back in 2013. And I'm looking at more refurbs.

Any knowledge out there - I want to run a pair of monitors - likely going to be HDMI these days? If one of them can be a television, that's fine with me.  I'm using a 24" Acer I got at the same time.

Since I got this, it has probably logged less than 24 hours turned off.

Probably won't need serious crunching capability - I may do some graphics or CAD, but I've got more time than money.

(fwiw, this is a Dell Precision T3400 workstation, and was a bit more than a secretary machine when I got it)
--- End quote ---

Interesting.  This Win. 7 desktop was built for me by a gentleman based on what I desired it to do.  It was built about the same time as yours.  And I'm still using Office 2000 and Photoshop 6 that I bought for computer classes I was taking in '01.  =D

K Frame:
Mtnbkr build me the computer I'm working on right now back in 2011 or so.

It's running on Windows 7 and is still going strong.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version