Main Forums > The Roundtable

Building Materials

<< < (2/7) > >>

tokugawa:
We buy crating material from local suppliers, not much at one time but every other week or so.
 This time last year, 3/4" CDX ply was about $25 a sheet, from Lowes. Today, $45 a sheet. Same with 2x stock.

zahc:
There's no inflation. It's just that everything is getting more expensive.

Around here people are having their homeowners insurance shoot up because their rebuilding cost has doubled.

K Frame:
I'd better bet that a lot of these price increases have happened since the start of COVID.

My contractor has said that since last year his material costs have increased significantly and, in some cases, he's had to postpone jobs because stuff has been either in very short supply or has been unavailable.

I was going to have some additional work done on my house last fall but I had to postpone it because the windows that I wanted weren't available.

Ben:

--- Quote from: Mike Irwin on March 08, 2021, 10:05:17 AM ---
I was going to have some additional work done on my house last fall but I had to postpone it because the windows that I wanted weren't available.

--- End quote ---

I was just looking to buy some replacement vinyl siding panels. My color and type are backordered through May.

cordex:
I've got new windows ordered.  I was quoted up to 18 weeks to delivery.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version