Author Topic: Help a .Cheese. figure out where he wants to live  (Read 5585 times)

Antibubba

• friend
Re: Help a .Cheese. figure out where he wants to live
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2008, 08:37:23 PM »
All of California is out because I'd rather be castrated than deal with their ridiculous taxes and laws.  Not to mention I don't even really like it.

A reasonable thought, until--
So far the cities I'm considering are Denver, Atlanta, Seattle, Washington D.C., and Philadelphia.

Now I realize DeeCee is to lawyers what Bankok is to crossdressing prostitutes, but even as a reluctant California transplant I'm appalled to be compared to the Cesspool on the Potomac, and found lacking.

Your utter lack of discrimination should serve you well in your chosen profession.

If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.

doc2rn

« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2008, 06:10:06 AM »
Should have applied to Washburn Law school in Topeka, then practiced in Texas like everybody else since NY relocated to Dallas-Fort Worth.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2008, 06:16:39 AM »
Should have applied to Washburn Law school in Topeka, then practiced in Texas like everybody else since NY relocated to Dallas-Fort Worth.

I forgot about Washburn there in Topeka.  Always over shadowed by KU.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

The Annoyed Man

« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2008, 06:30:33 AM »
Now I realize DeeCee is to lawyers what Bankok is to crossdressing prostitutes, but even as a reluctant California transplant I'm appalled to be compared to the Cesspool on the Potomac, and found lacking.

Your utter lack of discrimination should serve you well in your chosen profession.

Oh I thought I had mentioned.  The plan would be to work there - but live in Arlington, VA.

I won't live in D.C. for any amount of money.  The only thing D.C. has going for it is that you certainly don't have to live within it to work there.

There are parts where you can stand on the border hopping back and forth saying, "Now I'm in hell..... (hop)..... now I'm not..... (hop)...... oh look, I'm back in hell...... (hop)..... quick thinking batman, that was a close one."