Author Topic: Russian SWAT Video  (Read 5569 times)

GigaBuist

• friends
    • http://www.justinbuist.org/blog/
Russian SWAT Video
« on: May 31, 2011, 02:18:51 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1cfkErlSMY

At the 10 second mark you'll see a guy come running up to the bus with a white stick in his hands... and then it's WTF time.  Apparently this white stick is some kind of explosive, and the bus goes boom with him not possibly more than 10' from it all.

I'm hoping somebody here can make sense of this, because if this is "Plan A" I don't wanna know what "Plan B" is.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
Re: Russian SWAT Video
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2011, 02:23:43 PM »

In before Micro or some other Russian expert tells us they aren't "Spetsnaz" and are OMON. Police/Militia or whatever... Yes, we get it.  =D

I've seen this clip before. It's supposed to be a breaching/distraction charge, but was obviously er... "overspec".

But seriously, it's not as if Americans were immune either.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GMmTZ4uXms :laugh:

I promise not to duck.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2011, 02:32:38 PM »

At the 10 second mark you'll see a guy come running up to the bus with a white stick in his hands... and then it's WTF time.  Apparently this white stick is some kind of explosive, and the bus goes boom with him not possibly more than 10' from it all.

I'm hoping somebody here can make sense of this, because if this is "Plan A" I don't wanna know what "Plan B" is.

you familiar with there use of gas in the theatre hostage situation?  heck the chinese make the russians look like mother theresa
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2011, 02:37:21 PM »
That first video gave me the giggles something fierce..  I can't stop!

• friends
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2011, 02:48:17 PM »
in vid one the bus driver and hostage taker were breathing and mobile  semi on yheir own post boom so it wasn't as bad as it looked.  vid 2 had the cops laughing  drop ceiling didn't like the big fast pressure differential much.  bet next time they drop a few panels before using a charge.  those kinda lessons stick with you
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

• friends
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2011, 02:56:25 PM »
what happened here?  forgot to uncap tube? no safety interlock?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGfGa3hYuSE&feature=related

White Horseradish

• friend
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2011, 03:35:53 PM »

This isn't Russia. IIRC, this is Kazakhstan.

The story behind it is that this was a show for the brass. When those things happen they try to go all Hollywood and make it pretty to impress the generals and visiting figureheads. The techs who rigged the bus got a little carried away.
Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.

Robert A Heinlein

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2011, 04:31:09 PM »
what happened here?  forgot to uncap tube? no safety interlock?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGfGa3hYuSE&feature=related

Failure to hold on tightly to tube.  Launch was sucessful and big puff of smoke across the valley confirms warhead went all asplodey as designed.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

• friends
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2011, 04:42:32 PM »
where did tube end up? in front or behind him  also where did helmet land?

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2011, 05:30:14 PM »
you familiar with there use of gas in the theatre hostage situation?  heck the chinese make the russians look like mother theresa

Well, apparently the real failure was that the Russian police/military/whoever that pumped the Fentanyl gas into the theater would not tell the EMT's on scene what the gas was, so appropriate countermeasures could be given. Some Narcan/Naloxone would have saved most all of them.

I promise not to duck.

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2011, 05:43:13 PM »
Rocketman, this look a little familiar for some reason?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43jSsoQK9DA&feature=related
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2011, 05:43:54 PM »
And this guy is just gonna get crap from his buddies for the rest of his deployment....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Px0wErIeJI&feature=related
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2011, 06:05:41 PM »
So THAT'S what detcord is for! ! ! ! ! ! ! [tinfoil]
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2011, 06:07:02 PM »
This isn't Russia. IIRC, this is Kazakhstan.

The story behind it is that this was a show for the brass. When those things happen they try to go all Hollywood and make it pretty to impress the generals and visiting figureheads. The techs who rigged the bus got a little carried away.

As someone on a Russian police forum who posted about this said, 'I do not know anything scarier than a police demolitionist saying "I'll make it pretty."' Epic tales of 'pretty' follower.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2011, 07:09:51 PM »
Well....they're doing it better than the Chinese....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cf_DAGTgP-Y
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2011, 07:38:12 PM »
where did tube end up? in front or behind him  also where did helmet land?

Tube wound up in front of him.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2011, 10:00:05 PM »
in vid one the bus driver and hostage taker were breathing and mobile  semi on yheir own post boom so it wasn't as bad as it looked.  vid 2 had the cops laughing  drop ceiling didn't like the big fast pressure differential much.  bet next time they drop a few panels before using a charge.  those kinda lessons stick with you
In vid 2, the flash-bang or explosive device was on the same side of the door as the cops. Mistake or plan, I don't know, but they had a piss poor reaction, even if it was training.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2011, 10:02:36 PM »

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2011, 10:42:31 PM »
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2011, 11:47:50 PM »
And the French

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONuhSumK3xo&NR=1

That's when a soldier is supposed to pick it up and run screaming at the enemy armor with it raised over his head, ready to bonk the nose of it on the frontal armor of the closest advancing MBT. 

Cowardly Frenchies.  =D
I promise not to duck.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2011, 01:06:36 AM »
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2011, 01:11:48 AM »
At the 10 second mark you'll see a guy come running up to the bus with a white stick in his hands... and then it's WTF time.

There's a "Russian Reversal" joke there somewhere, I'm just not sharp enough to quite figure it out.  [paging Mr. Smirnoff...]
"It's good, though..."

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2011, 01:26:19 AM »
There's a "Russian Reversal" joke there somewhere, I'm just not sharp enough to quite figure it out.  [paging Mr. Smirnoff...]

In Soviet Roooshia uh... bomb blow up. Yes.  :-X
I promise not to duck.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2011, 01:29:08 AM »
In Soviet Russia, bus get on YOU!
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

zxcvbob

• friend