Author Topic: Texas->North Carolina  (Read 5584 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Texas->North Carolina
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2013, 05:14:59 PM »
You obviously never been to Chicago or dealt with the Illinois State Police.

Or California, or Idaho, or Wyoming, or New York... :)

I reckon there are jerk cops in big cities and there are friendly cops in big cities, and there are jerk cops in small towns and there are friendly cops in small towns. All depends probably not just on the cop, but your own attitude, mode of dress, regional accent, etc.

No matter where you go, there you are.  :laugh:
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2013, 05:37:29 PM »
You obviously never been to Chicago or dealt with the Illinois State Police.

Those LEOs aren't capricious - they're just uniformly rotten  =D
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2013, 05:49:55 PM »
If you want to "See" Texas, you have to get out of the metroplexs.  It is hard to do sometimes, but those are where all the liberal stuff is in Texas.  The smaller towns are where you see more traditional Texans and more accent. 

The Texas Gulf Coast is pretty flat, but once you get about 60 or 100 miles from the coast, you get more rolling hill country.  Vegetation depends on how far West you go.  We have seen a lot of drought conditions over the last several years and it is getting pretty dry even in some central Texas areas. 

I will also admit that Texas can be controlling and nanny-statish in some areas. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2013, 06:06:08 PM »
If you want to "See" Texas, you have to get out of the metroplexs.  It is hard to do sometimes, but those are where all the liberal stuff is in Texas.  The smaller towns are where you see more traditional Texans and more accent. 

The Texas Gulf Coast is pretty flat, but once you get about 60 or 100 miles from the coast, you get more rolling hill country.  Vegetation depends on how far West you go.  We have seen a lot of drought conditions over the last several years and it is getting pretty dry even in some central Texas areas. 

I will also admit that Texas can be controlling and nanny-statish in some areas. 

The Hill Country between and west of Austin/San Antone is really nice.  I would have moved [back] down there twenty something years ago except my allergies make me miserable there.  Was born in Austin and we left when I was seven because of my health  =(
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin