Author Topic: Watch your six Friday (10/13/23)  (Read 5592 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Watch your six Friday (10/13/23)
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2023, 09:13:41 AM »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2023, 09:52:03 AM »
James Woods
@RealJamesWoods
I’m reading a lot of well-meaning advice about “sheltering in place” tomorrow because some dipshit halfway across the globe has declared a Day of Jihad.

This is the United States of America,  so I’ll just be enjoying my day as usual.

Outside. In my hood.

With extra ammo. 🇺🇸
6:42 PM · Oct 12, 2023
·
1.8M
 Views

Let's GOOO! James Woods' post about how he plans to spend Hamas' 'Day of Jihad' is STRAIGHT-FAFO
https://twitchy.com/samj/2023/10/13/james-woods-response-to-day-of-jihad-n2388494
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2023, 10:27:38 AM »
He's kinda out there on some stuff, but he does make a good point about truck guns. I'm complacent there myself.
Yeah, I guess I'm a complacent freakin' turd. 

I live in a rural area, and a rifle in the truck there would be fine.
I work in an urban area, and leaving a rifle in the truck strikes me as a good way to arm up a bad guy.  The cops do that enough without me helping.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2023, 10:47:56 AM »
My meeting in downtown Seattle for today was cancelled, and I am not sure why.  Hmm.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2023, 11:21:25 AM »
https://apnews.com/article/france-school-stabbing-arras-878f42a5df4a873ca7bd80a173cc9097

A man of Chechen origin who was under surveillance by the French security services over suspected radicalization stabbed a teacher to death at his former high school and critically wounded two other people in northern France on Friday, authorities said.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2023, 11:25:46 AM »
The only places I regularly go where concealed carry is off limits are the post office or a medical facility. RARELY do I go anywhere else that I can't legally carry a firearm - the last two other places I recall going that were "off limits" were the airport (I was flying commercial, so I had to pass through the TSA security theater) and court, where I had a jury duty summons. I've got stuff to do at home today so I won't be going out, but some nebulous jihadi threat wouldn't affect me at all beyond maybe notching up my situational awareness a bit if I had somewhere to go.

« Last Edit: October 13, 2023, 04:01:15 PM by HankB »
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
Formerly sumpnz

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2023, 12:02:41 PM »
https://apnews.com/article/france-school-stabbing-arras-878f42a5df4a873ca7bd80a173cc9097

I was just about to post that one but you beat me to it.  That's the only Jihad Day attack I've heard about so far.
"It's good, though..."

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2023, 03:05:00 PM »
I wasn't planning on going out today, but if I do, it's cool enough that I can leave my JFrame home and carry my 1911 under a vest with an extra mag in its pockets.

I tranferred most of my gun collection to others so kind of limited in Superguns.

I had toyed with the idea of open-carrying my .357 in my western holster with my western cartridge belt full of ammo, but decided that was impractical because it would be awkward driving a supermarket handicapped electric cart with all that iron.  And brass.  And lead.  And leather.  Besides upsetting the natives.

Main thing for me I guess is to not be complacent, and re-establish a head swiveling pattern.

Terry, 230RN
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2023, 05:52:34 PM »
And, the courthouse was quiet.  The drive to and from work uneventful.  Because you all are into it, my go bag was packed with my Glock 19, three spare Glock 19 mags, two Glock 17 mags with +2 bases.  99 rounds of Federal 124 grain Hydra Shok ammo.  Yes, the bag was heavy, but since it all stayed locked in tge truck, didn't matter.  And proved unneeded, thankfully.  Home safe with the usual kit as needed (it won't be).

As always, stay safe kiddos.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2023, 07:05:11 PM »
Nada for northern Iowa. I'm in route to Nauvoo for the weekend, maybe there will be a boogaloo there.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2023, 07:22:23 PM »
It was certainly interesting watching some of the "What I'm EDCing today" videos on youtube today. Some of those guys brought the kitchen sink - even NODs attached to their helmets. If I think I need to load up for war, I think I might want to stay at home.

I did drive by one protest today, but it was people protesting the planned parenthood across the border in Oregon.  =)
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #37 on: October 13, 2023, 07:51:26 PM »
The cows were being kind of loud today. It might have been because every time I went by I yelled, "Beef, it's what's for dinner."
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #38 on: October 13, 2023, 08:39:31 PM »
Lamest jihad ever
« Last Edit: October 13, 2023, 09:26:08 PM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 13, 2023, 09:09:54 PM »
G19, like always
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #40 on: October 13, 2023, 09:49:12 PM »
I wasn't planning on going out today, but if I do, it's cool enough that I can leave my JFrame home and carry my 1911 under a vest with an extra mag in its pockets.

I tranferred most of my gun collection to others so kind of limited in Superguns.

I had toyed with the idea of open-carrying my .357 in my western holster with my western cartridge belt full of ammo, but decided that was impractical because it would be awkward driving a supermarket handicapped electric cart with all that iron.  And brass.  And lead.  And leather.  Besides upsetting the natives.

Oh, do it!  I'd love to see the video of that!
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #41 on: October 13, 2023, 09:51:31 PM »
It was certainly interesting watching some of the "What I'm EDCing today" videos on youtube today. Some of those guys brought the kitchen sink - even NODs attached to their helmets. If I think I need to load up for war, I think I might want to stay at home.

I did drive by one protest today, but it was people protesting the planned parenthood across the border in Oregon.  =)

Most of my day was plain old usual kit, Taurus 856 and a couple speedloaders.  And absolutely nada happened, as expected.

G19, like always

I did wear mine today, for a bit, just for S&G, 'cause I hadn't for a long time.  OK, but more cumbersome than I'm used to.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2023, 05:39:25 PM by lee n. field »
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #42 on: October 13, 2023, 10:29:03 PM »
(already posted in the "Israel Under Attack" thread, but why not)

""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #43 on: October 13, 2023, 11:50:57 PM »
I carried a second extra extended mag for my G43, and paid a bit more than usual attention to my surroundings. Otherwise, nothing special. And nothing happened, but given the area I'm not surprised.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #44 on: October 14, 2023, 02:15:49 AM »
Oh, do it!  I'd love to see the video of that!

Nah, if I did that nowadays at King Soopers, the fuss would induce them to put up no guns signs. 

Many moons ago I open carried a couple of times in Target, etc., up in Boulder CO without much more than an extra glance.  But that was before all the libfools got hit by the paranoia epidemic.  I also open carried up in Nederland CO, but nobody cared, and I wonder if that's still the case up there.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2023, 10:38:50 AM by 230RN »

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #45 on: October 14, 2023, 08:38:44 AM »
No boogaloo in Nauvoo, I thought for certain that the rebuilt LDS temple was going to be a hot target.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 14, 2023, 10:22:04 AM »
I didn't get to expend a single round yesterday! I haz a sad...  ;)
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #47 on: October 15, 2023, 01:46:14 PM »
^ :rofl: 

<mothering mode> "Oh, you poor dear." </mothering mode>

<Sheldon Cooper mode> "There there. Would you care for a hot beverage?" </Sheldon Cooper mode>

<Terry, 230RN mode> "Maybe next time." </Terry, 230RN mode>

<Nostradamus mode> "There will be a next time
                                   attacks from eastern slime
                                   with reasons not sublime
                                   knowing not they do a crime" </Nostradamus mode>

Terry, 230RN
« Last Edit: October 15, 2023, 03:35:20 PM by 230RN »

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #48 on: October 15, 2023, 06:17:53 PM »
^ :rofl:
<Nostradamus mode> "There will be a next time
                                   attacks from eastern slime
                                   with reasons not sublime
                                   knowing not they do a crime" </Nostradamus mode>

Terry, 230RN

Not bad.  Not bad at all.  :rofl:
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #49 on: October 16, 2023, 10:55:27 AM »
https://apnews.com/article/muslim-boy-killed-chicago-landlord-will-county-5135dea218326d6e639a996564d9369e

I guess watch your six also applied to this family after they were attacked by Jihad Joseph.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.