Author Topic: Watch your six Friday (10/13/23)  (Read 5594 times)

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
Re: Watch your six Friday (10/13/23)
« Reply #50 on: October 16, 2023, 12:08:28 PM »
Anyone know where I can find a retention holster for a 4.75" barrel SAA .45 copy? Something beyond the little lanyard?
Blog under construction

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #51 on: October 16, 2023, 07:29:47 PM »
Ilhan Omar Wakes Up Early To See What Presents She Got For Global Day Of Jihad
https://babylonbee.com/news/ilhan-omar-wakes-up-early-to-see-what-presents-she-got-for-international-day-of-jihad
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #52 on: October 16, 2023, 08:36:06 PM »
I can see these types of events picking up steam. So random they're impossible to predict.

Blacks have been getting away with it for many years because you can't hold the group responsible for the minority.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #53 on: October 17, 2023, 05:11:32 PM »
Anyone know where I can find a retention holster for a 4.75" barrel SAA .45 copy? Something beyond the little lanyard?

----------------------
https://bianchileather.com
Leather Holsters | Concealed Carry & Open Carry Gun Holsters | Bianchi
Bianchi offers a range of leather holsters and accessories for concealed carry and open carry, with different styles and features. Shop by firearm, find your perfect holster fit, and learn about the history and craftsmanship of Bianchi.
------------------

I've got a Bianchi with a full-flap closure that I used to use afield in crappy weather.  Not the fastest in the world, but it will sure keep the dust off your gun while it's parked in the house.

One thing I thought about with respect to cross-draw carry is it's harder for a gun grab from behind since the gun is backwards for the grabber.  In addition, it's easier to fend off a grab attempt from the front.  I've been challenged on this by the "Official Naysayers."  So,  just something to think about.

Terry, 230RN
« Last Edit: October 17, 2023, 05:48:43 PM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #54 on: October 17, 2023, 06:07:59 PM »
I think the Official Naysayer's problems with cross draw are that you flag half the world on the draw and that if your draw is interrupted by someone closing to bad breath range it's much harder to get the muzzle pointed at them and a shot from retention.

The gun grab thing is pretty far down the list.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #55 on: October 17, 2023, 06:48:27 PM »
I think the Official Naysayer's problems with cross draw are that you flag half the world on the draw and that if your draw is interrupted by someone closing to bad breath range it's much harder to get the muzzle pointed at them and a shot from retention.

The gun grab thing is pretty far down the list.

Yes, and some people get the vapors over horizontal shoulder holsters because you're "flagging" everyone behind you while you walk -- as if the gun is going to spontaneously discharge if you cough.

When I was dealing with the FBI as a material witness, the agents I was working with (or, more properly, who were working me over) all wore small-of-back. And I think they still do, because I think that FBI agent who dropped his gun and shot somebody while showing off his dance moves was carrying SOB. Man, that's about a 270-degree swing to bring the muzzle on target.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #56 on: October 17, 2023, 07:19:50 PM »
I thought FBI carry was at 4 o’clock or so with a 15 degree cant forward for draw access
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #57 on: October 17, 2023, 07:29:34 PM »
Yes, and some people get the vapors over horizontal shoulder holsters because you're "flagging" everyone behind you while you walk -- as if the gun is going to spontaneously discharge if you cough.

When I was dealing with the FBI as a material witness, the agents I was working with (or, more properly, who were working me over) all wore small-of-back. And I think they still do, because I think that FBI agent who dropped his gun and shot somebody while showing off his dance moves was carrying SOB. Man, that's about a 270-degree swing to bring the muzzle on target.

https://youtu.be/WYKkb-dFKsk?si=21Axf17X8Q3aYl6L
Formerly sumpnz

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #58 on: October 18, 2023, 04:58:53 AM »

I have met some of the "gun might go off sitting in the holster" people and they are silly.  I do have to give the anti crossdraw vapors having folks so e credit, that an ND is much more likely on the draw than just sitting there.  People's fingers get on the bang switch early during a draw all the time.
https://youtu.be/paxk_LPmdMI?si=t-uvrhZB-9e74B8O

This same tendency to "pre-prep" the trigger is a concern for appendix carry as well.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #59 on: October 20, 2023, 09:25:31 AM »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #60 on: October 28, 2023, 01:38:06 PM »
Someone needs to make a I survived jihad Friday tee shirt.
Just did a search and didn't find any.
- Calvin and Hobbes