Author Topic: What Was That Incident in the News a While Back?  (Read 6442 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
What Was That Incident in the News a While Back?
« on: November 13, 2012, 09:45:53 AM »
I remember a while back there was this big incident that was a front page story everywhere. Something about maybe Libya and some Ambassador or something? Was it like a scandal or how some Americans at the Consulate were culturally insensitive to some Libyans or something? I think maybe it was something like that. I can't remember though, because the only thing on the front pages now is about some sex scandal and horny Generals.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Re: What Was That Incident in the News a While Back?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2012, 10:37:38 AM »
It was always about horny generals. 

Best move on, prole, or feel my knout grace your person most vigorously.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2012, 10:54:56 AM »
Sit back and enjoy the night of the long knives.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2012, 10:59:52 AM »
I can't remember a major story ever having been so completely buried. If there was one, they did a really, really good job of burying it.

The more it's kept in the closet, the more I suspect that it was Obama who gave the stand down order.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2012, 11:20:37 AM »
Blasphemer.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2012, 12:49:47 PM »
I can't remember a major story ever having been so completely buried. If there was one, they did a really, really good job of burying it.

The more it's kept in the closet, the more I suspect that it was Obama who gave the stand down order.

You're joking, right? The man needed his beauty sleep the night before a hop to Vegas for a fundraiser. The act of making a decision would have been utterly exhausting, and is thus inconceivable. I'm certain he uttered a vague platitude to his staff and toddled of to bedfordshire, leaving aides to hold the "body"bags.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2012, 01:26:25 PM »
You're joking, right? The man needed his beauty sleep the night before a hop to Vegas for a fundraiser. The act of making a decision would have been utterly exhausting, and is thus inconceivable. I'm certain he uttered a vague platitude to his staff and toddled of to bedfordshire, leaving aides to hold the "body"bags.

No, I'm not joking. From what I've read, Obama if anything tends to get in the middle too much. I'm certain that he knew this attack would damage his campaign, and so decided not to heighten its visibility by using force. He probably figured he could blame Libya for lax security. It may also have been a  decision not to have Libya complain to the UN about our forces entering a sovereign country without permission, thus creating an international PR crisis weeks from the election.

grislyatoms

• friends
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2012, 01:31:42 PM »
Who is Ben Ghazi?  =D

It is very telling that it has been buried as deeply as it has.
"A son of the sea, am I" Gordon Lightfoot

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2012, 01:32:53 PM »
I know you're serious, Dick, and probably correct. I was being angrily facetious. =(
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2012, 02:46:50 PM »
I know you're serious, Dick, and probably correct. I was being angrily facetious.

Sorry. There actually were people who were mad because they thought Obama just went to bed.

ArfinGreebly

• Level Three Geek
  • friend
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2012, 03:02:10 PM »

Obama did not "go off to bed."

All the interesting parts of this affair occurred while he was still awake.
"Look at it this way. If America frightens you, feel free to live somewhere else. There are plenty of other countries that don't suffer from excessive liberty. America is where the Liberty is. Liberty is not certified safe."

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2012, 05:09:05 PM »
Obama did not "go off to bed."

All the interesting parts of this affair occurred while he was still awake.

Sorta like Clinton  :lol:
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

ronnyreagan

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2012, 06:51:33 PM »
Fear not. The Republicans in congress smell blood in the water, the blood of an ambassador no less, I doubt they will let it be forgotten until every drop of policial advantage can be wrung out of the tragedy.
You have to respect the president, whether you agree with him or not.
Obama, however, is not the president since a Kenyan cannot legally be the U.S. President ;/

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2012, 07:07:58 PM »
Fear not. The Republicans in congress smell blood in the water, the blood of an ambassador no less, I doubt they will let it be forgotten until every drop of policial advantage can be wrung out of the tragedy.

If the Republicans had any of the killer instincts of a shark...
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2012, 10:20:26 PM »

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

breathe.... breathe... breathe...

I'm pretty sure the stupid party has proved they have no idea how to take political advantage of a clear direlection of duty by an incompetent president.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2012, 11:26:09 PM »
Yep

The GOP is too *expletive deleted*ing stupid to use this

After all, they played softball and lost what should have been an easy election

SURE is nice that I went against my judgment and voted for the romneybot
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2012, 11:35:05 PM »

On that matter, it actually is a relief. I voted for the best chance to give us more time before the collapse and still lost. Now, my conscience is clear. I voted against the swift collapse AND now I don't have to worry about Romney stabbing us in the back.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2012, 11:54:57 AM »
Breaking: Petraeus claimed someone altered original briefing info to remove specific terrorist group references.

http://news.yahoo.com/petraeus-believed-terrorists-behind-libya-attack-145946656--politics.html

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2012, 01:35:41 PM »
On that matter, it actually is a relief. I voted for the best chance to give us more time before the collapse and still lost. Now, my conscience is clear. I voted against the swift collapse AND now I don't have to worry about Romney stabbing us in the back.

This.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2012, 06:39:38 PM »
Yep

The GOP is too *expletive deleted* stupid to use this

After all, they played softball and lost what should have been an easy election

I did the same. I'm thinking the TEA Party is a better way to affect change than a third party which has almost 0% chance of succeeding.
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2012, 08:56:37 PM »
Breaking: Petraeus claimed someone altered original briefing info to remove specific terrorist group references.

http://news.yahoo.com/petraeus-believed-terrorists-behind-libya-attack-145946656--politics.html

Oh snap!
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2012, 09:04:37 PM »

Am I the only cynical bastard that interpreted that as just a way so that Obama can claim he didn't know and Petraeus can claim he did his job, all while the mysterious report-altering person remains completely unknown and therefore no one actually has to take responsibility?

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2012, 09:24:13 PM »
Am I the only cynical bastard that interpreted that as just a way so that Obama can claim he didn't know and Petraeus can claim he did his job, all while the mysterious report-altering person remains completely unknown and therefore no one actually has to take responsibility?

Umm...err...no. =|

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2012, 11:53:07 PM »
I'm thinking the TEA Party is a better way to affect change than a third party which has almost 0% chance of succeeding.

The Tea Party is fading away as a factor in American politics.   They had little to no effect in this last go around.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2012, 12:06:46 AM »
The Tea Party is fading away as a factor in American politics.   They had little to no effect in this last go around.
Yea..... apparantly many people have come to accept that we're going to have an ever-increasing national debt, increasingly intrusive government, heavier and heavier taxes to pay for more "goodies" for the people since even republicans must now go full-bore lib or become extinct as a party.
And of course all that has become apparant the teapartiers realize they no longer have time to go to political activites, they have to work harder to pay the taxes and the bills ... assuming they get to keep their jobs.

Welcome to Obamaland, redux.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero