Author Topic: Was a Fast & Furious gun used in Paris attacks?  (Read 1038 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Was a Fast & Furious gun used in Paris attacks?
« on: June 30, 2016, 03:29:59 PM »
The investigative follow up of the Paris weapon consisted of tracking a paper trail using a 4473 form, which documents a gun’s ownership history by, among other things, using serial numbers. The Phoenix gun owner that the weapon was traced back to was found to have at least two federal firearms violations—for selling one weapon illegally and possessing an unregistered automatic—but no enforcement or prosecutorial action was taken against the individual. Instead, ATF leaders went out of their way to keep the information under the radar and ensure that the gun owner’s identity was “kept quiet,” according to law enforcement sources involved with the case. “Agents were told, in the process of taking the fully auto, not to anger the seller to prevent him from going public,” a veteran law enforcement official told Judicial Watch.

It’s not clear if the agency, which is responsible for cracking down on the illegal use and trafficking of firearms, did this because the individual was involved in the Fast and Furious gun-running scheme. An ATF spokesman, Corey Ray, at the agency’s Washington D.C. headquarters told Judicial Watch that “no firearms used in the Paris attacks have been traced” by the agency. When asked about the ROI report linking the weapon used in Paris to Phoenix, Ray said “I’m not familiar with the report you’re referencing.” Judicial Watch also tried contacting the Phoenix ATF office, but multiple calls were not returned.

http://www.judicialwatch.org/blog/2016/06/law-enforcement-sources-gun-used-paris-terrorist-attacks-came-phoenix/

My apologies if this has been discussed already.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

brimic

• friends
Re: Was a Fast & Furious gun used in Paris attacks?
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2016, 04:14:49 PM »
I saw that yesterday, though it seems far-fetched that a gun from the USA would make it over there when there is a lot of better hardware much closer.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Mannlicher

• Grumpy Old Gator
  • friend
  • The Bonnie Blue
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2016, 07:54:24 AM »
makes perfect sense to me, once you understand that there is a pipeline involved, and persons in the American Government involved, that facilitate such things.

Kingcreek

• friend
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2016, 09:29:11 AM »
I hadn't seen this reported anywhere else.
Sadly, when considering the United States' capacity for screw ups, nothing surprises me anymore.
What we have here is failure to communicate.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2016, 03:52:12 PM »
From what I heard, the US did buy a bunch of AK's that were once intended to help Syrian rebels but never made it and ended up on the black market.  It wouldn't surprise me if some of those made it to Paris.  The report I heard said documentation came up showing the purchase of magazines that accompanied the AK's.

I need to find a link for that.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2016, 11:15:11 PM »
http://www.janes.com/article/59374/us-arms-shipment-to-syrian-rebels-detailed

Not sure if this is the same information or something else.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge