Author Topic: Jason Aldean, "Try That in a Small Town"  (Read 7901 times)

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
Re: Jason Aldean, "Try That in a Small Town"
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2023, 04:12:56 PM »
This whole debacle has once again shown the bias of social media, especially Facebook. I don't think I have seen one positive mention of this song or singer since it started but I have seen plenty of negative slanted articles. But it is FB. It is also where 90% of the people under 40 get their news and opinions so it does become concerning. The sooner platforms like FB crash and burn the better off the world will be.

bob

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2023, 04:18:48 PM »
This whole debacle has once again shown the bias of social media, especially Facebook. I don't think I have seen one positive mention of this song or singer since it started but I have seen plenty of negative slanted articles. But it is FB. It is also where 90% of the people under 40 get their news and opinions so it does become concerning. The sooner platforms like FB crash and burn the better off the world will be.

bob

I mean, it's pretty much the entire MSM, plus the commie shows like the late night shows and the morning show with the herd of cows. All attacking this song, all avoiding rap lyrics. But as you say, so many people get their news from these sources and believe everything they say.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2023, 04:34:19 PM »
But it is FB. It is also where 90% of the people under 40 get their news and opinions so it does become concerning. The sooner platforms like FB crash and burn the better off the world will be.
I thought FaceBook was for 40+ people these days ...

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2023, 04:36:35 PM »
It's probably worth noting somewhere in here that he's a performer putting on a show, grew up in a city, and did not write that song.

It's cool that the song is ruffling so many feathers, but beware of creating a Saint BroCountry.

I would laugh so hard if this song became the next "Proud to be an American" equivalent.  From a fake-country gun control advocate.

That NPC logo works both directions.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

BobR

• friend
« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2023, 05:06:33 PM »
I thought FaceBook was for 40+ people these days ...

You made me look. Even though the geezers are the fastest growing demographic of users the millennials still carry the torch.

https://thesocialshepherd.com/blog/facebook-statistics#:~:text=The%20largest%20Facebook%20audience%20in,35%20are%20responsible%20for%2013%25.

bob

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2023, 05:38:04 PM »
I would laugh so hard if this song became the next "Proud to be an American" equivalent.  From a fake-country gun control advocate.

That NPC logo works both directions.
I don't think I could care less about the song.  I just enjoy the reaction.  I am sure we can find old songs with triggering lyrics.

“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

BobR

• friend
« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2023, 05:40:59 PM »
I don't think I could care less about the song.  I just enjoy the reaction.  I am sure we can find old songs with triggering lyrics.

The Star Spangled Banner seems to fit that bill.

bob

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2023, 05:42:17 PM »

Had the usual suspects not started their Karen hand-wringing, the song would have likely slipped into obscurity. IIRC, it was out for a month or more before the outrage crowd heard about it.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2023, 08:28:56 PM »
Had the usual suspects not started their Karen hand-wringing, the song would have likely slipped into obscurity. IIRC, it was out for a month or more before the outrage crowd heard about it.
Kind of makes you wonder if his manager found someone to stir things up in the right places.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2023, 08:31:07 PM »
Kind of makes you wonder if his manager found someone to stir things up in the right places.

If so, that's a good manager :D
"It's good, though..."

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2023, 08:58:43 PM »
Not sure how many of you are old enough to remember what it was like during the 1970s in a lot of American cities. Crime rates through the roof, civil unrest was common, cities were struggling to provide even the most basic service, police wouldn't go into many areas... we're seeing a repeat of that today with the extra overlay that liberals are now trying to strip away police policies that liberals had attempted to put into place in the 1970s, again leaving law abiding citizens at the mercy of the criminals.

At the same time the administration (Carter) was turning his AFT loose to basically do whatever it wanted to try to strip Americans of any means of defending themselves.

I'm thinking it won't be very long now until we see a dramatic rise in the same kind of "vigilante" incidents that occurred in the 1970s and early 1980s. I say "vigilante" because, of course, the left is crying anytime one of their mostly peaceful supporters gets his/her ass handed to him.

I think that's what's REALLY driving the left mad about Aldeen's song... they know we're just about at the tipping point and they see this song as a rallying cry for those who are going to start fighting back.

Good points !!
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2023, 08:46:37 PM »
I actually have a few days off this week. Last night, I was bored, and hungry, so I went a couple of blocks away to a local pub. Lately, the crowd has been changing at around 10pm or so to The People Who Don't Tip, and Who Often Smell Funny.

I played The Song on the internet jukebox.

And someone musta been triggered, because the next two tunes were two different versions of FTP... Dope and Someone Wid Attitude...
Blog under construction

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #37 on: July 26, 2023, 12:58:36 PM »
And someone musta been triggered, because the next two tunes were two different versions of FTP... Dope and Someone Wid Attitude...

"File Transfer Protocol?"
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #38 on: July 26, 2023, 01:00:02 PM »
"File Transfer Protocol?"

That brings back memories of the internet long before most people even heard of it.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #39 on: July 26, 2023, 01:07:24 PM »
Something something the police...

I suspect that the pub is going to start having problems... The early crowd clears out FAST, so they're left with the loud angry rap crowd, which drinks things like "Henny and Coke." And if that isn't enough to irritate the bartenders, they don't know how to tip...
Blog under construction

Phyphor

• friend
« Reply #40 on: July 26, 2023, 05:32:06 PM »
That brings back memories of the internet long before most people even heard of it.

I can almost put my Finger on it.....
"You know what's messed-up about taxes?
You don't even pay taxes. They take tax.
You get your check, money gone.
That ain't a payment, that's a jack." - Chris Rock "Bigger and Blacker"
He slapped his rifle. "This is one of the best arguments for peace there is. Nobody wants to shoot if somebody is going to shoot back. " Callaghen, Callaghen, Louis La'mour

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #41 on: July 26, 2023, 05:49:00 PM »
I can almost put my Finger on it.....

It's definitely pinging a memory.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #42 on: August 02, 2023, 08:33:22 PM »

t was just a few weeks ago that Moms Demand Action founder Shannon Watts was crowing about getting Jason Aldean’s “Try That in a Small Town” removed from the rotation at CMT, but it looks like Aldean will have the last laugh. Months after Aldean’s single first debuted to little attention, “Try That in a Small Town” is now the number one song in the country; not just on country radio but on Billboard’s Hot 100 chart covering all genres.

Aldean reaches #1 on Billboard with an assist from anti-gunnershttps://bearingarms.com/camedwards/2023/08/02/aldean-reaches-1-on-billboard-with-an-assist-from-anti-gunners-n73157
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #43 on: August 03, 2023, 08:00:39 AM »
OH MY GOD! THE FASCIST VIOLENCE! I'M SO AFRAID! I NEED A SAFE ZONE! WITH PUPPIES, AND CRAYONS, AND BLANKETS!
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #44 on: August 03, 2023, 08:01:40 AM »

Ah, those wonderful heady days of Hamster Dance...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #46 on: August 03, 2023, 08:17:49 AM »
Ah, those wonderful heady days of Hamster Dance...

Was on the internet long before that, worked at a college and had access to it, all text based. Anyone here remember the Usenet?
Most people weren't even aware of it's existence until the web based stuff came along in the 90s then it exploded.
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #47 on: August 03, 2023, 08:25:55 AM »
Was on the internet long before that, worked at a college and had access to it, all text based. Anyone here remember the Usenet?
Most people weren't even aware of it's existence until the web based stuff came along in the 90s then it exploded.

When I was in college in the mid 1980s I was corresponding, in real time, with a friend via Arpanet. He was at Yale in Connecticut, and I was a Dickinson in Pennsylvania.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #48 on: August 03, 2023, 08:38:15 AM »
When I was in college in the mid 1980s I was corresponding, in real time, with a friend via Arpanet. He was at Yale in Connecticut, and I was a Dickinson in Pennsylvania.

Watching the text scroll across and down the screen at blazing speed was like being in the future.
Now I start my mornings watching high res 2K/4K YT videos while drinking my coffee, 1 frame of which would have taken hours to transmit back then, after converting it to text first and then back of course  :rofl:

Now where's my acoustic coupler? Got YT videos to watch.
And every time I connect some basted computer wants to know if I want play a game.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2023, 08:53:36 AM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

RoadKingLarry

• friends
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams