Author Topic: Don't Smoke While Pumping Gas You FRAKKING MORON!!!  (Read 5351 times)

Sergeant Bob

• friend
Don't Smoke While Pumping Gas You FRAKKING MORON!!!
« on: November 04, 2013, 10:24:17 AM »
The video speaks for itself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ql9OdEiUlWk

I see this crap (lighting up at the pump)a lot and really feel like smacking the people who do it.

Problem is, most of them are too STUPID to get the message or will become militant about their right to smoke endanger everyone around them. I don't really care if some idiot burns his or herself to a crisp but, they are usually endangering other people too.
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Don't Smoke While Pumping Gas You FRAKKING MORON!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2013, 10:29:02 AM »
Never trust a guy in track pants.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2013, 10:33:06 AM »
Last week I was getting gas.  As I finished a tanker truck pulled in and started to refill the tanks.   A guy getting gas proceeded to light up and the truck driver came unglued. 

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2013, 10:40:36 AM »
Doesn't look like he was lighting a cig. Looks like he intentionally lit the gas fumes.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2013, 11:13:47 AM »
Doesn't look like he was lighting a cig. Looks like he intentionally lit the gas fumes.

That is my vote and with an arrest warrant issued for him it will be interesting to see what becomes of it.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2013, 11:25:20 AM »

By golly, I just looked at the video again and that's exactly what it looks like! WTF? ???
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2013, 11:36:01 AM »
Couple of the comments mentioned that they were looking around all shifty like just before the fire and maybe it was about insurance and getting out of truck payments. Pretty spectacular (and dumbass) way to get out of paying if so.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2013, 11:39:24 AM »
On further viewing I also agree it looks intentional.  He had no cigarette in his mouth and his hand was moving downward as he lit the lighter.  It almost looks like some kind of "What do you think would happen if I  . . . " types of jokes.
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2013, 12:18:07 PM »
anyone know how badly his wife was injured? It looked as if she was going to be pretty badly burned.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2013, 12:23:38 PM »
It looks to me like dumbass did the big mistake of grabbing and pulling out the STILL RUNNING pump nozzle once it caught fire, and that's what splashed burning gasoline on his wife.    

I could easily see attempted manslaughter charges in his future.  Or manslaughter, based on what I heard on the news of the wife's condition - second and third degree burns to a large portion of her body.
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2013, 12:29:03 PM »
I wonder if it was a double-double cross, guy convinces his wife they're going to run an insurance scam on the car/lawsuit on the gas station, then he lights her up instead in an "accident" to collect life insurance.
I promise not to duck.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2013, 12:41:53 PM »
According to the Fox news article I just read he pulled the nozzle from the car.

That's apparently a first reaction that a lot of people have, but absolutely the LAST thing you want to do.

The first thing you want to do is run like stink.

I'm a smoker, but I never smoke anywhere near a gas station.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2013, 01:49:18 PM »
I saw some moron toss a cigarette on the ground before getting out of their car to fuel up last friday.

I did something semi-stupid myself a few weeks ago. I pulled into a gas station and checked my oil. The oil being low, I decided to add more. It was extremely windy out and I was attempting to do a 'long pour' without a funnel. Wind blew oil on exhaust manifold, engine compartment was on fire. :facepalm:
Want to feel stupid? Start your car on fire then run around in a panic looking for something to put it out. I felt like the 'FFFFFFFFFuuuuuufffffuuuuuu' 4chan graffic.
I was eventually able to blow it out with the help of the wind. No damage to car or driver was evident.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

drewtam

• friend
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2013, 02:06:15 PM »
Shocking new footage revealed!

http://youtu.be/ZnZ2XdqGZWU?t=2m40s
I’m not saying I invented the turtleneck. But I was the first person to realize its potential as a tactical garment. The tactical turtleneck! The… tactleneck!

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2013, 02:26:55 PM »
Shocking new footage revealed!

http://youtu.be/ZnZ2XdqGZWU?t=2m40s

Just goes to show that Ben is right:
Never trust a guy in track pants.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2013, 10:33:29 PM »
I saw some moron toss a cigarette on the ground before getting out of their car to fuel up last friday.

I did something semi-stupid myself a few weeks ago. I pulled into a gas station and checked my oil. The oil being low, I decided to add more. It was extremely windy out and I was attempting to do a 'long pour' without a funnel. Wind blew oil on exhaust manifold, engine compartment was on fire. :facepalm:
Want to feel stupid? Start your car on fire then run around in a panic looking for something to put it out. I felt like the 'FFFFFFFFFuuuuuufffffuuuuuu' 4chan graffic.
I was eventually able to blow it out with the help of the wind. No damage to car or driver was evident.

To bad no one was video taping. Maybe there exists surveillance footage. :rofl:
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2013, 10:56:53 PM »
I always keep a fire extinguisher or two in the car.  (One's starting to get a little toward the red on the gauge, so I got another one.)

I also keep one in every room in the house except the bathroom.

« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 11:02:56 PM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re: Re: Re: Don't Smoke While Pumping Gas You FRAKKING MORON!!!
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2013, 02:31:05 AM »
I always keep a fire extinguisher or two in the car.  (One's starting to get a little toward the red on the gauge, so I got another one.)

I also keep one in every room in the house except the bathroom.

thats not paranoid. its cautious

i have one in both bathrooms and escape ladders un upstairs bedrooms

damn phone
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2013, 02:48:06 AM »
That didn't look to me like any form of "lighting a cigarette" I've ever seen or done. Hands go near the face (where the cigarette is), not down by the extremely flammable excelerant...
No Child Should Live In Fear

What was that about a pearl handled revolver and someone from New Orleans again?

Screw it: just autoclave the planet (thanks Birdman)

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2013, 08:07:49 AM »

Aren't gas stations supposed to have fire extinguishers mounted by the pumps?

Not sure I'd put my full faith in them working, but I'm gonna pull them out of that plastic case and try.  (ASt least that weay I can sue the station operator if it does not work.)

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2013, 09:01:40 AM »
Most of the stations I've seen have overhead suppression systems. I don't know if they are automatic or manual activation.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

drewtam

• friend
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2013, 11:07:48 AM »
Sounds like this case needed a fully sealed Cardox system.  =D
I’m not saying I invented the turtleneck. But I was the first person to realize its potential as a tactical garment. The tactical turtleneck! The… tactleneck!

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2013, 04:15:06 PM »
Saw a guy pumping gas and talking on his cell phone the next pump up from me. I told him that is wasn't a good idea. He gets all crappy with me and tells me how he knows everything about cell phones and it's not problem. I'm like, whatever dude.  ;/
Avoid cliches like the plague!

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2013, 04:21:32 PM »
Saw a guy pumping gas and talking on his cell phone the next pump up from me. I told him that is wasn't a good idea. He gets all crappy with me and tells me how he knows everything about cell phones and it's not problem. I'm like, whatever dude.  ;/

Cell phones aren't a problem.  Urban legend.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB