Author Topic: Hell On Wheels!  (Read 547 times)

Sergeant Bob

• friend
Hell On Wheels!
« on: August 01, 2014, 11:10:00 AM »
Returns tomorrow people! August 2
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Hell On Wheels!
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2014, 11:55:10 AM »
Can't wait!

On a tangential note of concern, I'm only seeing 10 episodes (instead of 13 in previous seasons) this season for one of my other favorite series, "Longmire". I hope they're not canceling it. Both HoW and Longmire seem to always be on the "renewal fence" each season while crappy shows seem to have contracts through the end of the century.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2014, 12:41:13 PM »
Can't wait!

On a tangential note of concern, I'm only seeing 10 episodes (instead of 13 in previous seasons) this season for one of my other favorite series, "Longmire". I hope they're not canceling it. Both HoW and Longmire seem to always be on the "renewal fence" each season while crappy shows seem to have contracts through the end of the century.

The timing and duration of a show's "season" now seems to be whatever the network says it is. The old big 3 conventions are gone. if A&E abandons Longmire, while retaining its visual detritus, I will object strenuously and in writing.

And yes, I'm going to lay in some good 'Murrican whiskey tomorrow and have a time!
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2014, 04:27:31 PM »
Both HoW and Longmire seem to always be on the "renewal fence" each season while crappy shows seem to have contracts through the end of the century.

Unfortunately, everybody else can just point to TLC when they decide to keep a crappy show, and say "It's better than Honey Boo Boo."

At which point we can only hope we never have a counterargument.