Author Topic: My Apologies to the Forum and the Marine Corp.  (Read 2917 times)

Sergeant Bob

• friend
My Apologies to the Forum and the Marine Corp.
« on: November 02, 2014, 02:54:26 PM »
So sorry about the stupid comments I recently made on Thursday. I took a bad day and made it worse by adding alcohol (no excuse) and insulting many in this forum. 

It was undeserved and I humble myself before you all. I hold no animosity towards the members of this forum, and especially towards those who serve, or have in the past.

It will not happen again.
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
Re: My Apologies to the Forum and the Marine Corp.
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2014, 05:31:27 PM »
No sweat, Sgt. Bob.  We all have days that get the best of us at times.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Lee

• friend
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2014, 05:59:25 PM »
 >:D We all have those days!

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2014, 06:29:05 PM »
I don't see what the problem was. Marines would have to know how to read, in order to take offense.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2014, 08:13:22 PM »
I'd heard that at least one Marine per barracks had to know how to read - he was the one who read the Archie and Jughead comics to the rest of the squad....

:D   >:D

I love APS - only 4 posts to go from apologizing for insulting Marines to insulting Marines....
« Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 08:20:15 PM by AmbulanceDriver »
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2014, 08:31:02 PM »
I'd heard that at least one Marine per barracks had to know how to read - he was the one who read the Archie and Jughead comics to the rest of the squad....

:D   >:D

I love APS - only 4 posts to go from apologizing for insulting Marines to insulting Marines....

Then how do you explain Jamis?
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

rcnixon

• friend
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2014, 09:43:49 PM »
It takes a big man and an humble one to stand up and acknowledge when he is wrong and to apologize for it.

Russ

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2014, 10:02:49 PM »
Then how do you explain Jamis?

What, the Midget Marine?    >:D

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2014, 10:03:49 PM »
It takes a big man and an humble one to stand up and acknowledge when he is wrong and to apologize for it.

Russ

Thank you for that, but, it takes an even bigger man to not do the wrong in the first place.
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2014, 11:03:09 PM »
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2014, 06:48:06 AM »
Okay, I'm not sure I can forgive fistful.  I know how to read.  I got an 'B' in reading in the 2nd grade.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2014, 09:27:58 AM »
Well, since as always it's Fistful's fault, I don't see a problem there RM.....  :D

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2014, 11:37:21 AM »
No worries Bob, if there's one group who are subject matter experts on doing stupid things while drunk it's Marines...
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2014, 01:11:13 PM »
Okay, I'm not sure I can forgive fistful.  I know how to read.  I got an 'B' in reading in the 2nd grade.

Did you finally make it to C by fourth grade?

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2014, 03:37:33 PM »
Ahhh, 4th Grade.  The best three years of my life....

;) =D =D
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2014, 06:54:44 PM »
Proof that there is at least one intelligent Marine out there making good life choices.

Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2014, 08:56:44 PM »
Proof that there is at least one intelligent Marine out there making good life choices.

"Happy" would be pretty safe.  (or "Doc", just to confuse everybody)  But he did just fine :)
"It's good, though..."

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2014, 09:00:53 PM »
"Happy" would be pretty safe.  (or "Doc", just to confuse everybody)  But he did just fine :)
Life and death decision

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2014, 10:26:13 PM »
Did you finally make it to C by fourth grade?

I'll have you know I got an 'E' for Effort in the fourth grade.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2014, 09:06:08 AM »
So sorry about the stupid comments I recently made on Thursday. I took a bad day and made it worse by adding alcohol (no excuse) and insulting many in this forum. 

It was undeserved and I humble myself before you all. I hold no animosity towards the members of this forum, and especially towards those who serve, or have in the past.

It will not happen again.

Push.  Drop and push.  Twenty.  And then all will be forgiven.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

rcnixon

• friend
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2014, 11:02:30 PM »
Thank you for that, but, it takes an even bigger man to not do the wrong in the first place.
We're human Bob, we make mistakes. This one wasn't very big. Move on.

Russ

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2014, 02:06:38 AM »
I don't see what the problem was. Marines would have to know how to read, in order to take offense.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAAA
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2014, 02:13:53 PM »

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2014, 03:31:38 PM »
So is this the time to mention that Jamis's beloved Marine Corps is spelled with an s at the end?

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2014, 03:47:44 PM »
So is this the time to mention that Jamis's beloved Marine Corps is spelled with an s at the end?

stay safe.

So it is! My bad!