Author Topic: U.S. Marine Corps Drill team brings down the house!  (Read 1895 times)

Sergeant Bob

• friend
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Re: U.S. Marine Corps Drill team brings down the house!
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2014, 09:16:46 PM »
Is that a lance in charge of the platoon?

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2014, 09:36:42 PM »
Is that a lance in charge of the platoon?

No. He's a corporal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

dm1333

• friend
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2014, 09:39:54 PM »
No, that was a corporal.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2014, 10:08:11 PM »
I could not really make out the number of stripes there.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2014, 12:48:18 AM »
KP for the rst of his life.  (And how did that sling get loose?)  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9q7b_2tkMo

And you know that there have been some spectacular oopsies.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dxTBK7jI1s

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2014, 06:38:56 AM »
Seeing these videos always reminds me of high school. We weren't allowed to even put a foot on the gym floor in anything other than sneakers or stocking feet, but at one of our basketball games the half-time show was a silent drill team from some service academy. Just like these guys, there was a lot of pounding of M14 (or M1, or 1903) steel-armored butt plates on the gym floor, not to mention patent leather, hard-soled shoes -- and nobody said a thing.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 05:34:38 PM by Hawkmoon »
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2014, 11:49:48 AM »
If you look closely, it looks like there's some kind of butt pad on the rifles to avoid marring the wood floor.
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2014, 07:24:47 PM »
Wow.  I love these demonstrations of precision movements, not only in drill teams, but dancers (like the Rockettes) etc.

This, despite my equal admiration for independence and "what's over the next mountain" out-of-the-box thinking.

Makes me wonder if there's some kind of innate survival potential in our appreciation for acting in unison.

Hmmm.... yeah, I guess there is.  But I don't want to touch on the evolutionary implications of "profiling" and "xenophobia."

At least not in today's must-be-politically-correct climate.

Terry

« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 07:29:41 PM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2014, 08:56:49 PM »
I spent some time on the USADT. was fun
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2014, 10:17:15 AM »
I was on our NJROTC drill team for two years.  We often drilled in the gym and didn't have butt pads on our 03A3s.  Boy howdy, did the coach get pissed.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2014, 04:42:15 PM »
Several years ago I was asked to be a judge for JROTC drill teams.  One platoon (yes, 4 squads of 13 each + platoon leader - it was a big parochioal school) showed up with horseshoes and toepieces.  They were shocked to discover the gym floor was one of those hard rubber plank ones.  Made the Silent Drill portion a bit more silent.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2014, 06:30:05 PM »
Before repeating arms, acting in unison was survival for militarized.  I would love to see one of those old Greek or Roman formations marching into combat. 
Wow.  I love these demonstrations of precision movements, not only in drill teams, but dancers (like the Rockettes) etc.

This, despite my equal admiration for independence and "what's over the next mountain" out-of-the-box thinking.

Makes me wonder if there's some kind of innate survival potential in our appreciation for acting in unison.

Hmmm.... yeah, I guess there is.  But I don't want to touch on the evolutionary implications of "profiling" and "xenophobia."

At least not in today's must-be-politically-correct climate.

Terry

“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge