Author Topic: How modest is my proposal?  (Read 1950 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
How modest is my proposal?
« on: July 13, 2012, 03:16:13 PM »
How about we pass a new law that, every time a politician promises to create jobs, claims to have created (private sector) jobs while in office, or in any way suggests it is the proper place of government to create jobs, they get punched real good, right in the mouth?

Is that sensible, or should the punishment be a little heavier?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
Re: How modest is my proposal?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2012, 03:26:33 PM »
vermin supreme tells it like it is.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4d_FvgQ1csE

Friends what this mandatory tooth brushing law is really about is strong teeth for strong America. My name is Vermin Supreme. I’m a friendly fascist, a tyrant you can trust and you should let me run your life because I know what is best for you. Yes I’m a politician and I will promise you anything your electoral heart desires because you are my constituents, you are the informed voting public and because I have no intention of keeping any promise that I make.
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2012, 03:27:05 PM »
Yes I do sir! Free Pony’s for all Americans. One of the overlooked issues in American today. My free-pony platform is of course is a jobs creation program it will create lots and lots of jobs once we ah switch over to pony based economy, it will also lower our dependence on foreign oil, we will also be able to turn all that pony poop into methane gas, and wonderful compost and be able to re-up our soil that is being depleted by aero-chemicals etcetera. etcetera. etcetera. And of course the important thing to realize is, it is a Federal pony identification program where you will need your pony at all times. Thank you very much.
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2012, 05:10:55 PM »
How about we pass a new law that, every time a politician promises to create jobs, claims to have created (private sector) jobs while in office, or in any way suggests it is the proper place of government to create jobs, they get punched real good, right in the mouth?

Is that sensible, or should the punishment be a little heavier?

No, that is just about right. 
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2012, 11:47:50 AM »
I suggest we make Fistful's suggestion a first stage backup. 

Opening response I'd like is a loud, robust perfectly articulated horse laugh followed by an equally formed "You Lie" (e.g. Joe Wilson, R-SC).  Then we can move on the Fistful's suggestion.  And if his suggestion doesn't get the appropriate response (that is, shut up) we can move on to feathers, pitch, and split rail dressage.
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2012, 12:31:27 PM »
But what about the buggy whip makers?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2012, 01:00:03 PM »
But what about the buggy whip makers?

They are all out of business.  We'll have to run the policritter down in a car.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2012, 01:05:06 PM »
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2012, 02:27:29 PM »
They are all out of business.  We'll have to run the policritter down in a car.

Fistful strikes again.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams