Author Topic: Next Ban  (Read 6021 times)

wmenorr67

• friend
Next Ban
« on: July 21, 2012, 07:02:20 PM »
Just watched the Congressional representative that represents the district that the theater in Aurora is located and his thinking is scary.  He said that the "Assault" Weapons Ban of 94 needs to be reinstated but even more scary is he more or less stated that we need to limit how much ammo we can purchase/own and how we purchase it.

That is the end around banning firearms.  Go ahead and own whatever and how ever many firearms you want, good luck finding or affording the ammo.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Next Ban
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2012, 07:25:33 PM »
I just mentioned this in one of the other threads. I definitely see someone trying to move forward with Internet sales restrictions. If you look at the comment sections of the MSM news sites, it's amazing (at least to those of us who shoot) how many people think 6000 rounds is some outrageous quantity. I saw a lot of language relating to "military" quantities by people who obviously had no clue.

It's an easy one to sell to the masses - much easier than a "gun ban". How many times have we read news stories about "arsenals" that included 100 rounds of ammo?
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2012, 07:42:27 PM »
I honestly don't know how many rounds of ammo I have in various calibers. Not counting .22 RF I'm fairly sure I have less than 6K rounds of assembled ammo but I have the components for at least 5K, more if I count raw lead not already cast into bullets. A good day at the range with 2 or more people will put a serious dent in the stock pile.

I suspect we will see some attempt at enhanced gun control in some form after this, how much traction it will get remains to be seen.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2012, 08:04:39 PM »
Well the "country's" mayor, Bloomberg, is already the loudest voice out there.

I would like to hear someone show some balls and actually say that if there was less gun control that maybe this or other attacks in the past wouldn't have been as horrific.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2012, 10:17:05 PM »
Press secretary Jay Carney told reporters on Air Force One during the flight to Colorado, “The president’s view is that we can take steps to keep guns out of the hands of people who should not have them under existing law.”

So far, only Reps insulated by their small liberal/urban districts are making any kind of anti-gun/AWB noises.

And the House is GOP controlled, and the Senate, well, FWIW, Reid from NV is Majority leader still.

Obama would have to win, and the GOP would have to lose the House for anything other than whatever nuisance the (un-ratified) UN Small Arms Treaty can cause us, or what he can do with EO's.
I promise not to duck.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2012, 10:25:54 PM »
Well the "country's" mayor, Bloomberg, is already the loudest voice out there.
I'd love to hear some politician say "Until he tells us how to extend his own taxpayer funded 24/7 personal armed security to everyone in America, everything he says in this matter is pretty inconsequential."
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Antibubba

• friend
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2012, 11:35:43 PM »
Obama would have to win, and the GOP would have to lose the House for anything other than whatever nuisance the (un-ratified) UN Small Arms Treaty can cause us

IIRC, Willard has an "F" rating from the NRA.  And he's such a principled fellow, too...
If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2012, 05:17:56 PM »
I'd love to hear some politician say "Until he tells us how to extend his own taxpayer funded 24/7 personal armed security to everyone in America, everything he says in this matter is pretty inconsequential."

+1

When I'm provided a bodyguard 24/7 I'll listen to his blarney.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2012, 07:05:39 PM »
Hail Bloomberg, voice of reason and Mayor extraordinaire!

Don't you sprangle your sprockets fellow gungrabbers, Emperor Bloomberg along with CNN's very own [unarmed] Pierce Morgan has hatched a solution to pressure law makers into banning the bejeezus out of guns:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXwHMvPCIrk
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2012, 11:12:41 AM »
If Morgan wants to live ina crime free country with strict gun control he can drag his sorry ass back to England.

http://piersmorgan.blogs.cnn.com/2012/07/23/mayor-michael-bloomberg-on-implementing-stronger-gun-laws-i-dont-understand-why-the-police-officers-across-this-country-dont-stand-up-collectively-and-say-were-going-to-go-on-strike/

And, if Bloomberg thinks the police should stay home till all the guns are gone I susgest he try it in NYC for a week and see how it works out.

MOLON LABE.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2012, 07:07:24 PM »
I like Bloomburg thinking the police are supposed to protect us.   :facepalm:

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2012, 07:11:20 PM »
Cops going on strike - now there's an idea whose time has come  :cool:

Maybe they could get jobs delivering pizzas  :P
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2012, 07:15:10 PM »
Cops going on strike - now there's an idea whose time has come  :cool:

Maybe they could get jobs delivering pizzas  :P

Open donut shops.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2012, 07:31:30 PM »
Hail Bloomberg, voice of reason and Mayor extraordinaire!

Don't you sprangle your sprockets fellow gungrabbers, Emperor Bloomberg along with CNN's very own [unarmed] Pierce Morgan has hatched a solution to pressure law makers into banning the bejeezus out of guns:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXwHMvPCIrk

=D  :facepalm:  He's saying that only cops wear body armor! Does he have any idea what just happened in Aurora?!
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

zxcvbob

• friend
"It's good, though..."

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2012, 12:38:17 AM »
Schumer and all his buddies can kiss my hairy butt.
If any of my reps vote to pass that amendment I'll mortgage my house to help fund their next opponent.

Samuel Adams

Perd Hapley

• friend

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2012, 09:41:22 AM »

=D  :facepalm:  He's saying that only cops wear body armor! Does he have any idea what just happened in Aurora?!

On his very own show, good old Pierce was saying the opposite! (with illustrations and all) What a fracking hypocrite... well what else can you expect  ;/ Media manipulation at it's finest... 

Pierce w/  Moore: "Being armed won't help you because the BG is wearing armor".. A few days later he agrees with Bloomberg: "Armor piercing rounds should be illegal because they have no use other than being deployed against cops"

Watch it here, keep a vomit receptacle near by.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-h5DYmzZ80 (fast forward to the 6:30 mark)
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

slingshot

• friend
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2012, 10:31:15 AM »
The anti-gun folks are bubbling over with enthusiasm.  Even O'Reilly (Fox) wants more gun control.  Well... my take is let's talk about it, but show me any evidence that gun controls (bans of certain weapons, registration, magazine limits) would result in control of anyone other than honest private citizens.  It is probably good that this came up before the Nov. 2012 election as the issue is rather polarizing.  It is the one single issue that will make me vote one way or another.  However, I don't think it is possible for Obama to loose the black vote.  Blacks I know just say... hell, I get whatever I want regardless of what the government says I'm allowed to own.  Illegal means nothing to a lot of these people, since a good portion them are already illegally carrying or owning firearms.
It shall be as it was in the past... Not with dreams, but with strength and with courage... Shall a nation be molded to last. (The Plainsman, 1936)

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2012, 12:18:29 AM »
Even O'Reilly wants more gun control. 

:laugh:  I know, right? He thinks a semi-automatic rifle is a "heavy weapon"!  The ignorance is just too comical!

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2012, 12:26:54 AM »
The anti-gun folks are bubbling over with enthusiasm.

I think the word is "gleeful".   :mad:
"It's good, though..."

pawcatch

« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2012, 12:57:21 AM »
O'Reilly actually critized both Chicago and NYC gun laws.He even said that Bill Moyer's was rediculous in calling for more gun control.
Yes,he was misinformed,but he didn't call for a new ban or more purchasing restrictions.
Do we as gun rights advocates only here what we disagree with?

geronimotwo

• friend
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2012, 09:19:06 AM »
back to the ammo comments,  didn't the wording in heller vs dc include rhetoric about not limiting the supplies needed for guns?
make the world idiot proof.....and you will have a world full of idiots. -g2

sanglant

• friend
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2012, 04:38:50 PM »
:laugh:  I know, right? He thinks a semi-automatic rifle is a "heavy weapon"!  The ignorance is just too comical!
don't forget the ar turning into an ak, and 6,000 rounds breading into 60,000. :rofl:

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2012, 05:06:39 PM »
back to the ammo comments,  didn't the wording in heller vs dc include rhetoric about not limiting the supplies needed for guns?

Don't know, but I saw the McCarthy / Lautenberg proposal language required reporting of  >1000 rounds in any five days and a total ban on Internet sales.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."