Author Topic: The usual Democrats are trying  (Read 1482 times)

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
  • A more Elegant Monkey for a more civilized Forum.
The usual Democrats are trying
« on: July 27, 2012, 04:26:29 PM »
Democratic senators have offered an amendment to the cybersecurity bill that would limit the purchase of high capacity gun magazines for some consumers.

http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-action/senate/240657-cybersecurity-bill-includes-gun-control-measure

Hopefully it will go bye bye
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Re: The usual Democrats are trying
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2012, 04:30:41 PM »
3 months before an election?

None of them are THIS stupid.

It's just Schumer, Boxer, Feinstein and their ilk pandering to their bases as they're required to do.

Harry Reid will be GONE if he allows this to the full floor for a vote.  And it'll never get through the House.

Pure pandering.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2012, 04:41:15 PM »
Schumer is an idiot with his, "We want people to know we're not taking away their guns, we just want both sides to give a little".

Sure.

"We don't want to take away all your guns, just the 'military' ones."

"Okay."

"We don't want to take away your guns, we just want you to register them."

"Okay."

"We don't want to take away your guns, we just want you to wait ten days to 'cool off' before you pick them up."

"Okay."

"We don't want to take away your guns, we just want to limit their capacity."

"Okay."

When has this ever been about "both sides giving a little"? Obviously I don't support magazine restrictions, but to give Schumer his, "both sides have to give something" it would be funny if, for the sake of argument, someone said, "Sure, we'll agree to the magazine restriction if you agree to national reciprocity". "We will give up our ability to carry standard capacity magazines if we can CCW in all 50 states."

I'm guessing he wouldn't be very enthused about such a compromise.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2012, 07:37:10 PM »
Schumer is an idiot with his, "We want people to know we're not taking away their guns, we just want both sides to give a little".

He's  NOT taking mine, for sure! ! ! ! ! >:D >:D [ar15] [ar15] [ar15]
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

HankB

• friend
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2012, 09:00:06 PM »
"We want people to know we're not taking away their guns, we just want both sides to give a little".
"OK, Chuck, we'll give in to you on magazine capacity. In return, your side agrees to Vermont carry nationwide and national pre emption. Deal?"
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

dm1333

• friend
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2012, 10:01:23 PM »
I agree that we don't need high capacity magazines.  Feel free to ban anything that holds more than 100 rounds!  They jam and are waaaaayyyyy too heavy!   [ar15]   :rofl: 

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2012, 12:10:53 AM »
I agree that we don't need high capacity magazines.  Feel free to ban anything that holds more than 100 rounds!  They jam and are waaaaayyyyy too heavy!   [ar15]   :rofl: 

Magazines maybe, but what about belt-feed?  (that amendment specifically outlaws belts)

I'd also kind of like a American 180 machine gun with a drum magazine:  http://world.guns.ru/smg/usa/american-10-e.html
"It's good, though..."

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2012, 12:46:00 AM »
Looks like they missed listing links. Unless that is a feed stripe.  ???

jim
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Hutch

• friend
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2012, 11:40:40 AM »
This just being reported
http://www.nationaljournal.com/scalia-guns-may-be-regulated-20120729
"It will have to be decided in future cases," Scalia said on Fox News Sunday. But there were legal precedents from the days of the Founding Fathers that banned frightening weapons which a constitutional originalist like himself must recognize. There were also "locational limitations" on where weapons could be carried, the justice noted.
When asked if that kind of precedent would apply to assault weapons, or 100-round ammunition magazines like those used in the recent Colorado movie theater massacre, Scalia declined to speculate. "We'll see," he said. '"It will have to be decided."
Feel free to continue your reliance on SCOTUS. [barf]
"My limited experience does not permit me to appreciate the unquestionable wisdom of your decision"

Seems like every day, I'm forced to add to the list of people who can just kiss my hairy ass.