Author Topic: Ok. I know it's the NYPD, but come on  (Read 3153 times)

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
  • A more Elegant Monkey for a more civilized Forum.
Ok. I know it's the NYPD, but come on
« on: July 29, 2012, 02:21:19 AM »
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/07/29/nypd-detective-suspended-after-kidnapping-victim-found-in-his-garage/

Kidnapping victim found tied up in his garage, why isn't his ass in jail.
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Ok. I know it's the NYPD, but come on
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2012, 09:27:30 AM »
Four men have been charged in the apparent kidnapping scheme, MyFoxNY.com reports. 30-year-old Hakeem Clark, who lives in the same building as Johnson, was charged with kidnapping and weapons possession along with 27-year-old Jason Hutson and 27-year-old James Gayle. 24-year-old Alfredo Haughton was charged with kidnapping.

Johnson has not been charged.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/07/29/nypd-detective-suspended-after-kidnapping-victim-found-in-his-garage/#ixzz2219w9of8
So they charged 4 others, but not him.  Was there some evidence that he didn't know about it?
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2012, 10:25:03 AM »
A 17-year veteran of the New York Police Department has been suspended without pay after a kidnapping victim was found tied up in his garage.

Wow. Just wow. That's one heck of a union they have.

Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2012, 12:11:51 PM »
If it was Chicago, he'd have been suspended with pay.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2012, 12:46:38 PM »
If it was Chicago, he'd have been suspended with pay promoted.
FIFY.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2012, 02:24:42 PM »
Police in the US are well on the way to be completely out of control. It's because of the lack of accountability and a pervasive culture of absolute impunity among the LE community.. As matter of policy they are exempt from every restraint and norm that regulates a civilized society. 

There has to be an independent law enforcement agency, State or Federally based, that deals exclusively with investigating and prosecuting police related matters.. willing and able to drag out an throw cuffs on crooks in costume. A police for the police, because internal investigations and in-house reckoning just don't cut it. "Administrative leave", "suspended without pay", "suspended with pay", "reprimanded", "issued a stern warning"... oh my, what strong deterrents!... and that's only if they get caught on film.

And therefore every care must be taken that our auxiliaries, being stronger than our citizens, may not grow to be too much for them and become savage tyrants instead of friends and allies
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

drewtam

• friend
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2012, 10:38:30 PM »
Police in the US are well on the way to be completely out of control. It's because of the lack of accountability and a pervasive culture of absolute impunity among the LE community.. As matter of policy they are exempt from every restraint and norm that regulates a civilized society. 

There has to be an independent law enforcement agency, State or Federally based, that deals exclusively with investigating and prosecuting police related matters.. willing and able to drag out an throw cuffs on crooks in costume. A police for the police, because internal investigations and in-house reckoning just don't cut it. "Administrative leave", "suspended without pay", "suspended with pay", "reprimanded", "issued a stern warning"... oh my, what strong deterrents!... and that's only if they get caught on film.

I've been thinking along the same lines. It would have to be headed by an independently elected official, can't be subject to the Gov or Pres. Preferably headed by the party which is not in the executive office at the time. And is not permitted to be organized by the same union as the rest of the police, if at all.

Furthermore, it should be self funded by traffic ticketing the speeding/red light running/drunk driving/stoned cops.
I’m not saying I invented the turtleneck. But I was the first person to realize its potential as a tactical garment. The tactical turtleneck! The… tactleneck!

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2012, 11:28:25 PM »
Furthermore, it should be self funded by traffic ticketing the speeding/red light running/drunk driving/stoned cops.

Ooo, any time a cop gets suspended without pay due to their work, the pay goes to them?

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2012, 04:05:24 AM »
Its the cops who want so bad to be seen as military. They aren't. They want to think of themselves as a branch of military service. They aren't. They are civilians. Period. Nothing special. Their job is not anywhere near as dangerous as they would have you believe.

It is out of control with LE. This military mindset they have has so many future unintended consequences that are too numerous to list. I saw this coming 20 years ago.

Those of us that have served know what non judicial punishment is. The slaps on the wrist, letters in files, suspensions with/without pay and such is just that.  The LE version of non judicial punishment. Shouldn't be that way. If a law is broken, arrest their arse and put them in jail. Period. If they are suspected of a crime, suspend them WITHOUT PAY, investigate and prosecute. Get rid of that immunity *expletive deleted*it and get rid of the *expletive deleted*ing police unions.

No good cops exists today, IMO. If they did exist, they would be leading the charge to get rid of the bad cops.
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2012, 10:19:22 AM »
Its the cops who want so bad to be seen as military. They aren't. They want to think of themselves as a branch of military service. They aren't. They are civilians. Period. Nothing special. Their job is not anywhere near as dangerous as they would have you believe.

It is out of control with LE. This military mindset they have has so many future unintended consequences that are too numerous to list. I saw this coming 20 years ago.

Those of us that have served know what non judicial punishment is. The slaps on the wrist, letters in files, suspensions with/without pay and such is just that.  The LE version of non judicial punishment. Shouldn't be that way. If a law is broken, arrest their arse and put them in jail. Period. If they are suspected of a crime, suspend them WITHOUT PAY, investigate and prosecute. Get rid of that immunity *expletive deleted* and get rid of the *expletive deleted* police unions.

No good cops exists today, IMO. If they did exist, they would be leading the charge to get rid of the bad cops.

If you can quit RFN, without warning, and not be in violation of federale law, you are a civilian.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2012, 05:10:49 PM »
If your not subject to the UCMJ, your a civilian.

Abraham Lincoln