Author Topic: Milwaukee gun range voluntarily reports law-abiding customers to local police  (Read 2428 times)

cosine

• Administrator
Milwaukee gun range voluntarily reports law-abiding customers to local police

Wisconsin -(Ammoland.com)-Wisconsin Carry has learned of some concerning information that we would like to pass along to our membership and right-to-carry interested folks in southeast Wisconsin.

In a recently published Milwaukee Journal Sentinel article which you can read here

It was reported that the former Badger Guns (now Brew City Shooters Supply) http://www.brewcityshooterssupply.com/ has, since 2009, been reporting the names of every customer that comes in to use their firing range to the West Milwaukee Police Department.

This is just another reason not to frequent Badger Arms/Brew City Shooter's Supply.
Andy

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
Badger Arms -- why is that name familiar?
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net

Is that legal?
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
Badger Arms has been under assault by the politicians and the media in Milwaukee since 2000. They opened around 1980 in an area of Milwaukee that was primarily industrial, but on a main drag. Then the Milwaukee ghetto grew, and grew closer to them. They started getting a lot of gang-bangers coming in, and started getting a lot of straw party buyers.

I never liked the owners, but I know what they did to help the police and ATF catch the bad guys, and they did more than any store I know of. They kept binoculars at every window, and would watch for straw sales taking place in the parking lot, and would call police if they saw them. They opened their books to the ATF and cops anytime they were asked. They set up their cameras so that they could provide law enforcement with crystal clear videos of any criminals trying to buy guns. They did everything they could. They also made some mistakes, but no more than any other gun stores.

Nevertheless, the media hounded them because they were the number one store in the country for gun traces. The media made it sound like it was for guns traced to crimes, but that's no so. The Milwaukee PD is one of very few departments in the country that runs traces on every single gun officers come across, even if it's a gun in the closet of an old guy who passed away. So, you've got every gun the cops touch being traced, plus being the closest of the two remaining gun stores in Milwaukee county being on the edge of the ghetto. (There were once 18 gun stores in the city, and many more in the county, but the city fathers drove all of them out except for these last two...for now).

This doesn't surprise me at all, and I would bet money that it was a condition the politicians gave them in order to keep operating the business. They've now been forced to become a private club. Only members can shoot there or buy guns. Next stop is a going out of business sale.

The gang bangers are now going to my friend's store 40 blocks west. I wonder how long it will be before they try to close him down?

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
I have a love-hate relationship with Badger, son-of-Badger, and now Brew City.

Personally, they were rather jerky when I did use to patronize their store now and again. And I wrote them off entirely when the owner Beatovic went on record a few years back saying he favored a law that made private gun sales illegal.

Quisling much?  :P (Although playing devil's advocate to myself, I have to be fair and wonder what I would do, if my own business and livelihood was under such attack...)

However, I always valued them as a thorn in the anti's side, and as a "lightning rod" for all the low-lifes, and the media, which took all the pressure off the handful of other stores in the area, and as such hoped they stayed in business.

If the pressure is now on them due to Badger's shutdown, and now their new "membership" policy, I have to wonder what would happen if Shooter's Shop simply refused to sell firearms or ammo to anyone they felt looked too er... "urban". Would the local anti-gun/liberal Milwaukee media ignore it, or go ballistic?

I promise not to duck.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
The Shooters Shop is finding ways to make blacks leave by making them uncomfortable (at least according to the owner). He doesn't call them "blacks", though.

The politicians in Milwaukee county won't be happy until they've closed both stores. I hope the owner of The Shooters Shop has a contingency in mind.

zxcvbob

• friend
If the pressure is now on them due to Badger's shutdown, and now their new "membership" policy, I have to wonder what would happen if Shooter's Shop simply refused to sell firearms or ammo to anyone they felt looked too er... "urban". Would the local anti-gun/liberal Milwaukee media ignore it, or go ballistic?

You know exactly what they'd do -- start screaming "Racism!"  (but they'd be conflicted about it)

[popcorn]
"It's good, though..."