Author Topic: The Mitt Romney killt my wife thing  (Read 3004 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
The Mitt Romney killt my wife thing
« on: August 10, 2012, 01:07:30 AM »
I guess we're all now aware that Mitt Romney once owned a steel plant that was saving a woman from cancer. (What else would you do with a steel plant?) And then Mitt Romney decided to close the steel plant, so that the woman would die.

This malarkey should not be refuted by digging up all the facts that militate against it. It should be dismissed out of hand, because keeping cancer victims alive is not the purpose of a steel plant.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
Re: The Mitt Romney killt my wife thing
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2012, 01:28:26 AM »
It could be fun to point out that Romney was governor of Massachusetts when the guy lost his job (and insurance), and at that time Bain Capital was being run by a guy who is now a major fundraiser for Obama.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2012, 01:54:07 AM »
I think you start to suspect your campaign is in it deep when even tingle-up-the-leg MSNBC goes "Hey, uh... wait a minute here..." about your ads.  :rofl:
I promise not to duck.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2012, 02:07:15 AM »
Romney is counting on the electorate seeing Obama for what he is. That may be wishful thinking.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2012, 07:52:03 AM »
Romney is counting on the electorate seeing Obama for what he is and not seeing Mitt Romney for what he is. That may be wishful thinking.

FTFY. Democrats can hide who they are because of a compliant media. Republicans are less likely to succeed (but a liberal Republican like Mitt might make the media decide that they can let him hide to fool those flyover rubes. I'm betting that's not going to happen, though.)
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

agricola

• friend
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2012, 09:02:34 AM »
Surely the best response to this ad would have been to run a Brian Terry one?
"Idiot!  A long life eating mush is best."
"Make peace, you fools"

Chester32141

• friend
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2012, 09:25:55 AM »
What I find amazing is that the Dems made this ad and then did not pay to air it ... they simply released it to news organizations, including FOX news that have been playing it free of charge as a news item ... as often as I've seen this ad I thought it was their #1 ad ... This factoid comes from the O'Reilly Factor as of a day or two ago ... I don't believe the ad has been aired by those who made it yet ...  
:facepalm:
"The best argument against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter...... "

Photos
CBs Hawg Sauce

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2012, 09:44:40 AM »
Surely the best response to this ad would have been to run a Brian Terry one?

That's probably true. However, somehow I read that and it regeistered as Terry Tate.

THERE'S a political ad campaign I could get behind: Terry Tate, congressional linebacker.

<Tackles Harry Reid> "WOOO! You did not bring those unsourced allegations into MY HOUSE!"
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2012, 11:19:56 AM »
Obama is just a sweet guy who is misguided.  No, you don't believe that?  Ask Romney.  Or McCain.  Or the next loser who runs for the Presidency on the GOP side (assuming there still is one four years from now...).

The response to what's gone down is obvious to anyone who isn't calculating everything he says or does.  And this kind of calculation is one of the main reasons we've wound up where we are.
"Domari nolo."

Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Azrael256

• friend
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2012, 12:14:00 PM »
<Tackles Harry Reid> "WOOO! You did not bring those unsourced allegations into MY HOUSE!"

I had the exact same reaction.  In my defense, I am also slightly doped up after some dental work.

This same nonsense here in Texas changed my vote in the senate primary.  I voted for Dewhurst in the first primary, but after he ran the "Ted Cruz killed my son" BS ad, I decided to vote for Cruz in the runoff.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2012, 12:42:02 PM »
Maybe Romney should run an "Obama killed America" ad.
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2012, 01:27:14 PM »
Personally, I would have liked to have seen a long line of Republican senators, one after another, take to the floor of the Senate and repeat some of the allegations "from unnamed sources" against Harry Reid that are bouncing around the Internet, and dare him to refute them.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2012, 01:36:30 PM »
The Republican hierarchs, with few exceptions, are MIA.

This is an Election between a Marxist and a new-breed Financier.   The heart of America lies elsewhere, and half America senses this.  No wonder they feel alienated, dispirited.  Romney is not Steve Jobs or Andrew Carnegie; he is Buffett, Goldman Sachs.  Obama, we know what he is.  Both of these candidates grew up cocooned, isolated, and it shows.
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2012, 03:36:35 PM »
Maybe Romney should run an "Obama killed America" ad.

The Romney campagin would need a pair of dangly bits to do that.
His campagin advisor used this instead as an opportunity to highlight Romneycare
"if they lived in Massachewshits, she'd have been saved!!!!!????!"!"!#@IGQ@#$rt89"
Turns out, she's a recycled nitwit from the McCain candidioticy.

:facepalm:
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”