Author Topic: A Message to the Voters of 2012 (vid)  (Read 930 times)

Blakenzy

• friend
A Message to the Voters of 2012 (vid)
« on: August 12, 2012, 03:50:45 PM »
So I got the link to this video in my email this morning. Somewhat long and drama-like, I still think it's worth viewing. It has quite a bit of truthful insight. Essentially a motivational rant against the State and a critical look at our role as enablers. May be offensive to some people. ~20 min long.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lWaLlj4xXI
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
Re: A Message to the Voters of 2012 (vid)
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2012, 07:31:49 PM »
Quote from: linked video
"...And you see anyone who defends himself from such barbaric fascism as the lowest form of life; a cop-killer. In reality most drug dealers are more virtuous than any government social worker, and prostitutes have far less to be ashamed of than political whores because they trade only what is rightfully theirs...."

Well, I'm all for motivational rants against Big Brother but IMHO this goes a little over the top -- and right off the bat as well.  "Drug dealers more virtuous than social workers?"  No .... how much violence is associated with illegal drugs?   Isn't Mexico having problems with drug cartels murdering  on a grand scale -- really, it's more like they're at war!
We can argue whther or not laws against marijuana are just but refering to police as fascists because they're doing a job they've sworn to do in spite of whether or not they themselves agree with the law does not help.
Maybe some good points and all but not couched in a helpful language, IMHO.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Re: A Message to the Voters of 2012 (vid)
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2012, 10:07:43 PM »
Thx for the link, Blakenzy.

TG: the audio is directly from a fictional book in the lines of Atlas Shrugged, The Black Arrow and the Bracken trilogy:  The Iron Web.  It's a monologue that would make John Galt take pause and nod.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!