Author Topic: The 2024 Circus  (Read 32200 times)

grampster

• friend
Re: The 2024 Circus
« Reply #550 on: March 04, 2024, 08:28:04 PM »
I sincerely hope the voters overturn Democracy.  If they do, it would be in line with the Founders who had no use for Democracy as they, as you all know, created a Constitutional Republic.  I would be gloriously happy to see Democracy thrown into the dumpster where it belongs.

The amusing thing, the ironic thing, would be the danger the Libtard Leftists would be in if we really had a Democracy where the 51% of Americans would vote them onto a remote island in the Pacific Ocean where they could "celebrate" all the obnoxious things they seem to stand for.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #551 on: March 05, 2024, 07:14:37 AM »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #552 on: March 05, 2024, 11:49:44 AM »
Dems Quietly Ask SCOTUS If They Can Ban Biden From Ballot
https://babylonbee.com/news/dems-quietly-ask-scotus-if-they-can-ban-biden-from-ballot
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #553 on: March 05, 2024, 12:53:38 PM »
I think we should all start practicing saying 'Good morning, President Trump' in preparation for the future.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #554 on: March 05, 2024, 01:04:07 PM »
I'm curious to see if Haley wins anything today. Most are saying it will be a blowout for Trump, but I heard Virginia might go Nikki.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #555 on: March 05, 2024, 01:04:18 PM »
I think we should all start practicing saying 'Good morning, President Trump' in preparation for the future.

Start selling one way tickets to Canada
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #556 on: March 05, 2024, 01:07:52 PM »
Start selling one way tickets to Canada

I am not looking forward to seeing that crap again everyday. I don't care if you're left or right - if you're gonna be an "I'm moving to Canada!" blowhard, then shutup and just move.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #557 on: March 05, 2024, 03:21:46 PM »

Given the Democrat's control over the elections apparatus in many states, including all of the important swing states, you may be counting your sheep before the are hatched.  Trump's lead in the polls isn't such that it couldn't be overcome by fraud at this point.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #558 on: March 05, 2024, 04:06:30 PM »
I think we're going to see MAJOR fraud, with many of the "voterseses" feeling justified in making sure that "he's worse than a Nazi" isn't elected.

They need to serial number, and track, absentee ballots. And they won't.
Blog under construction

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #559 on: March 05, 2024, 05:38:05 PM »
I think we're going to see MAJOR fraud, with many of the "voterseses" feeling justified in making sure that "he's worse than a Nazi" isn't elected.

They need to serial number, and track, absentee ballots. And they won't.

We need to abolish mail in voting (except for deployed military and a few other special cases).  In person, single day voting only for the vast majority of people, ID/citizenship verification required, dip your finger in indelible ink.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #560 on: March 05, 2024, 05:51:27 PM »
We need to abolish mail in voting (except for deployed military and a few other special cases).  In person, single day voting only for the vast majority of people, ID/citizenship verification required, dip your finger in indelible ink.

I used to do and liked mail-in voting, but I already started questioning it in 2016 and 2020 was the last straw. I too, say show up except in special cases. I'm fine with coming up with new ways to make in-person voting more efficient.

While I don't have the problem in my rural state, I know in some big cities people have to wait multiple hours to vote. Something should be done to streamline that. While voting is a right and a responsibility, I don't think you should have to wait in line for more than an hour in the USA. Fixing that would remove a large portion of the complaints that have led to widespread mail-in voting.

zahc

• friend
« Reply #561 on: March 05, 2024, 05:58:14 PM »

Quoted for truth
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #562 on: March 05, 2024, 06:10:04 PM »
Meanwhile on Planet Brandon Biden is ranting that he is ahead of Trump in the polls and the press isn't reporting it.
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #563 on: March 05, 2024, 08:03:06 PM »
Well, Virginia didn't go for Haley or even get close to doing so. Vermont is actually pretty close. Everyone else reporting in so far has Trump leading by wide margins.

https://twitchy.com/twitchystaff/2024/03/05/its-super-tuesday-and-twitchy-has-all-your-live-results-n2393625

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #564 on: March 05, 2024, 09:23:14 PM »
Looks like more than likely will be a clean sweep for Trump
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #565 on: March 05, 2024, 09:26:18 PM »
Musk meeting with Trump is fueling rumors Elon will be backing him
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #566 on: March 06, 2024, 06:16:40 AM »
The AK Guy did well enough that he's headed for a runoff with the Republican incumbent.

I honestly hope Brandon wins that. Even if my YouTube will be less fun, CSPAN will be significantly more entertaining.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #567 on: March 06, 2024, 06:49:03 AM »
Looks like more than likely will be a clean sweep for Trump

Haley got Vermont

But

Breaking: Nikki Haley Suspends Presidential Campaign
https://twitchy.com/amy-curtis/2024/03/06/nikki-haley-suspends-campaign-n2393659
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #568 on: March 06, 2024, 08:49:00 AM »
Now how many states are going to defy the Supreme Court and keep Trump off the ballot?

Bypass the states
And not to keep just Trump off the ballot.

Calling it "one on a huge list of priorities," Rep. Jamie Raskin, D., Md., announced that he will be reintroducing a prior bill with Reps. Debbie Wasserman Schultz, D-Fla., and Eric Swalwell, D-Calif., to disqualify not just former President Donald Trump but a large number of Republicans from taking office.
He pledged to reintroduce a prior bill that would declare Jan. 6 an "insurrection" and that those involved "engaged in insurrection."
https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/democrats-rush-keep-trump-off-ballot-scotus-decision-election-voters

Has a snowball chance in hell and I would like to see more details on the bill but it does gives a clue in just how far they're willing to go with this madness
« Last Edit: March 06, 2024, 10:24:54 AM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #569 on: March 06, 2024, 10:08:36 AM »
Brandon Herrera didn't win, but he forced Gonzales into a runoff.  Herrera would need to pick up almost all of the votes that went to Clark, Lopez, and Avila to have topped Gonzales.  Doesn't look great, but who knows.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #570 on: March 06, 2024, 03:11:40 PM »
Like a broken record

Joy Reid: Republicans Prefer Trump Because They’re Racist
- Calvin and Hobbes

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #571 on: March 07, 2024, 09:07:04 AM »
I see that Washington state was counting my presidential primary vote for Nikki Haley just as she was withdrawing from the race.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #572 on: March 07, 2024, 09:11:55 AM »
So do you guys think there will be a Trump vs Biden debate before the election? Talking heads all seem to be pointing to "no". Whether it's conservatives calling Biden a chicken, or lefties saying "he doesn't need to lower himself to a debate", the consensus seems to be that there won't be a debate.

I'm leaning towards "no" as well. I just can't see his handlers allowing it. In a live debate, as soon as Trump starts being Trump and throwing "non-previewed" questions at Biden, Biden will lock up, and there's no going back from the optics of that.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #573 on: March 07, 2024, 01:19:32 PM »
I'm not sure they can justify skipping a debate to the normies.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #574 on: March 07, 2024, 01:43:08 PM »
I'm not sure they can justify skipping a debate to the normies.
"The President doesn't lower himself to debate with someone indicted on multiple felonies."