Author Topic: The everlasting question...  (Read 4936 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
The everlasting question...
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2005, 07:49:08 AM »
"I'll probably get enough for another meal this weekend."

Mmmm...

Green beans are in season.

Time to do some nocturnal picking and blame it on a certain turtle!
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2005, 08:05:37 AM »
If you can get over the back fence without knocking it down...

I can hear my wife now...

"honey, why is Mike laying on top of our fence, face down in the mud?".

Note: for those that don't know, being built to true Northern Virginia Contractor standards, our backyard fence is rather rickety after 12 years.  Squirrels are afraid to climb it. Cheesy

Chris

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2005, 08:27:04 AM »
Setting: Northern Virginia, midnight, a moonless night, outside a home with a wooden fence...

(Cue Mission Impossible music)

"Let me get my ninja boots and gloves on, and I'll be over the fence and on those green beans in a jiffy.

Let's make sure I've got everything... night vision goggles, check, tactical green bean retention system (plastic bag from Food Lion), check, steak for Scruffy, check, Pop Tart for Abby, check, slapjack for Chris, check."

"Ooof, grunt. Whoa, this fence is rickety. Almost to the top... Ugh, oof, now I know why there were never any fat Japanese Ninjas"

(creaking noise, followed by crashing noise as fence goes over)

"OH CRAP!"

"OW! SPLINTERS!"

"Cheap ass bastard! Why didn't you replace your fence? I'm reporting you to your HOA! And I crushed the green beans! AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRHHHHHHHHHHH!"

(Cue Get Smart exit music)
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2005, 08:32:12 AM »
LMAO!

Chris

kudu

• friend
« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2005, 02:30:17 PM »
I picked about 30 zuccinis of my 2 plant in the last week and a half.  Gave a bunch away, and shredded and froze a bunch for later use when there is more time to use them.  I fried up some summer squash tonight in butter.  Reminds me of morel mushrooms in a way mmm.  Grean beans are ready for another picking, I canned 27 pints the other night.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2005, 04:06:54 PM »
My Mother used to make a zuchinni with sausage, spaghetti sauce, peppers, onions, and cheese. It was good, but there are other things I like a lot more.

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2005, 05:48:22 PM »
They're actually very good.
Sure, why not?  Zuchinni bread is good and doesn't taste like zuchinni at all.  I would expect brownies to be good as well.  Care to share the recipe?

Chris