Author Topic: The f-150 slave cylinder saga continues...  (Read 2287 times)

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
The f-150 slave cylinder saga continues...
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2006, 12:12:59 PM »
"Apparently they didn't bleed the system right the first time"

Wonderful!  Smiley  Sometimes things work out okay ... is the dealer going to pay for the flatbed ride?

That's sort of what happened to our F-150.  The clutch wouldn't work at all (just like a plum - went to the floor and stayed right there on the floor) so I showed my daughter how to start it in gear and off we go to the shop in town (about 25 miles) with me following.  A couple miles down the road, she pulls off to the side and gets out and says "the clutch is working just fine now!"

Apparently the rough gravel road bounced the air bubbles out of the system. Smiley  We took it on in to town just in case, and the shop replaced the o-ring so that it wouldn't leak and suck air anymore.  The clutch at least has been fine since then ... now if we can just get the rest of the pickup to hold together.  

I still like my old GMCs better Wink
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

RadioFreeSeaLab

• friend
The f-150 slave cylinder saga continues...
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2006, 12:26:42 PM »
is the dealer going to pay for the flatbed ride?
Yes, both of them.