Author Topic: The family stick - it has no branches.  (Read 1068 times)

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
The family stick - it has no branches.
« on: September 23, 2014, 09:54:25 PM »
http://theothermccain.com/2014/09/23/my-sister-is-pregnant-and-we-dont-know-which-of-my-brothers-is-the-father/

When I read the headline I was expecting a story out of West Virginia or Oklahoma.  Guess I was sure fooled.

‘My Sister Is Pregnant and We Don’t Know Which of My Brothers is the Father’

Posted on | September 23, 2014 | 94 Comments

The quoted sentence was spoken by a child on a school playground. Overheard by a teacher, this triggered an investigation that exposed a multigenerational horror story in rural Australia:

Police raided the Colt family home in rural south-western New South Wales in July 2012 after a teacher alerted authorities to a conversation overheard in the playground that detailed the incest. . .

Lesson to be learned?  Teach your children to never-ever talk about family stuff away from home. :angel:

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
Re: The family stick - it has no branches.
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2014, 10:33:38 PM »
Here's the lesson:
"...died of a rare genetic defect."

The story reminds me of Royal lineages.
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2014, 10:39:06 PM »
Ah, their family tree is a broomstick!

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2014, 10:39:27 PM »
Were they found by a pair of FBI agents, an attractive redhead skeptic female agent, and a slightly nerdy male one who believes in aliens and the paranormal?
I promise not to duck.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2014, 10:56:12 PM »
Were they found by a pair of FBI agents, an attractive redhead skeptic female agent, and a slightly nerdy male one who believes in aliens and the paranormal?

"Home"  (great episode)
"It's good, though..."

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2014, 11:44:05 PM »
I promise not to duck.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2014, 11:45:45 PM »

Peacock family!!
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2014, 12:14:36 AM »
We had some friends here who had a straight branch on their family tree a few generations ago. The family is still paying for it through early cardiac death for quite a few of the males in the family. Their son was 34 when he had sudden cardiac death and most of the males in the family do not see 60. Kind of sad really, just from one closely related pair having offspring a long time ago.

bob

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2014, 12:19:09 AM »
We had some friends here who had a straight branch on their family tree a few generations ago. The family is still paying for it through early cardiac death for quite a few of the males in the family. Their son was 34 when he had sudden cardiac death and most of the males in the family do not see 60. Kind of sad really, just from one closely related pair having offspring a long time ago.

bob

Sad.. but still better than having mom hiding under the bed on her mechanics creeper dolly.
I promise not to duck.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2014, 01:47:35 AM »
My wife's aunt's family maybe going down that road. Her cousins, both in their late 30s still live at home with mom and dad. The youngest, a girl has to have the brother approve any dates. We think there may have been one about a dozen years ago. And no she is fairly attractive. Seems about the time the kids were approaching marriage able age it was discovered that 3-4 generations back one of the paternal ancestors had taken a black woman for a wife. And because of that they decided it would be better not to procreate.
I *expletive deleted* it you not.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams