Author Topic: The best selling semi-auto rifles, pistols and revolvers by age of purchaser  (Read 2341 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
40S&W is in fact a 10mm short or kurz if you will. When the FBI found that many people didn't like or couldn't handle the recoil of full 10mm loads they developed a reduced load version of it. S&W then got the idea to cut down a 10mm case to match the reduced loading thus 40S&W was born.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
^^^I learn something every day, and I did not know that about 10mm being loaded to .40S&W levels.

Felt ripped off at a range in Henderson when after I rented a 10mm Witness and going through a box of 50 rounds that I thought were very soft shooting for what I had heard 10mm to be like so I looked at the box and the FPS were in the .40 range. But yet I was charged for 10mm.

At another range in San Juan Capistrano I tried again and got full-house loads and that was quite the experience. My wife said it was the biggest muzzle-blast of any handgun she'd ever seen me shoot. Fun, but more oomph than I really needed.
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

WLJ

• friends
I have Sig V-Crown 180gr in my carry gun. At 624 ft/lbs they IMHO strike a good balance between power and controllability . Do have some Underwood (700+) though  =D
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
Felt ripped off at a range in Henderson when after I rented a 10mm Witness and going through a box of 50 rounds that I thought were very soft shooting for what I had heard 10mm to be like so I looked at the box and the FPS were in the .40 range. But yet I was charged for 10mm.

At another range in San Juan Capistrano I tried again and got full-house loads and that was quite the experience. My wife said it was the biggest muzzle-blast of any handgun she'd ever seen me shoot. Fun, but more oomph than I really needed.

When I first started shopping for 10mm ammo I kept looking at the specs of various brands and kept thinking that can't right on a bunch of them.. Part that upset me the most is that some very well known brands are doing it so it's not a off brand thing.  If I wanted a 40 I would have bought a 40. A lot of people buy ammo based on brand name without examining the numbers closely.
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
A 1911 in 10 mm is on my bucket list, but I want one of the better pistols so we will see what I can afford when I get around to it.  I think that would handle the heavy loads as good as anything. 

So much stuff I want is out of stock right now.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
I'd have to look it up, but I load 10mm with 180gr XTP bullets on 14.something grains of AA#9, and it's about 1300 fps out of my Glock 20. Yes, that's over the official book max. I never should have sold my 1076.

For 40 s&w, I still use 11gr of Longshot under 135 Noslers and 9gr of Longshot under 155 XTP

https://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68915
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

WLJ

• friends
I'd have to look it up, but I load 10mm with 180gr XTP bullets on 14.something grains of AA#9, and it's about 1300 fps out of my Glock 20. Yes, that's over the official book max.

Works out to 676 ft.lbs
- Calvin and Hobbes

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...

I also had the 'What's the fuss?' moment.

I yelled at Dad and he brought out the hot stuff.

Told him "That's more like it." :)
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds