Author Topic: interesting excuse for 47% rise in reported sexual assaults  (Read 740 times)

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
interesting excuse for 47% rise in reported sexual assaults
« on: November 09, 2013, 11:41:41 AM »
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/nov/8/pentagon-reports-46-percent-rise-military-sexual-a/

do you buy it?  and even if you do wouldn't that indicate the old numbers, already pretty bad w, were under estimates?
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: interesting excuse for 47% rise in reported sexual assaults
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2013, 05:19:12 PM »
Even the new numbers are an underestimate. They include only the assaults that actually got reported. They do NOT include the assaults that didn't get reported, or in which the command structure managed to side-track the complaint so it wouldn't show up as a complaint.

The new number represents 10 sexual assaults every day. In reality, the true number could be anywhere from four to ten times that number.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2013, 07:10:15 PM »
Yes, I believe the reason given.

For too long a female servicemember trying to report a sexual assault was pilloried, and the accused was given at least covert, if not overt, attaboys for his manliness.  Sort of "Well, since she has a vagina she must have been asking for it."

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2013, 07:22:23 PM »
Two words:
moral panic
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton