Author Topic: Christmas catastrophe thread.  (Read 6476 times)

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
Re: Re: Christmas catastrophe thread.
« Reply #25 on: December 25, 2011, 09:14:55 PM »
Yeah kind of where I was going. I see lots of little fake pine trees in my cars future
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
Re: Christmas catastrophe thread.
« Reply #26 on: December 25, 2011, 10:24:36 PM »
Mom's turkey had some sort of green-funk-spot in the breast meat.  About the size of two golf balls.  I have no idea what it might have been... the meat was seriously green, though, in that one spot.  We cut it out, along with a bit of safety-space around it.  

Anyone ever seen anything like that?  We thought it was some sort of tumor in the turkey.

ETA:  Found out what it probably is... "deep pectoral myopathy."  

Mom ordered an "organic" (hmm.... carbonz) turkey.  Free-range.  Well, you can free-range a gimp turkey all you want, and it's just gonna over-stress certain muscles while trying to fly, but can't fly because its wings were clipped.  The result is a nasty dead muscle in the breast meat, and green ickiness.

Tyson turkey for me, next year. =D

That could happen in a whole Tyson turkey also.

If you have ever seen or smelled a turkey confindment operation you may think twice about eating a Tyson turkey also.

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #27 on: December 25, 2011, 11:58:18 PM »
Sorry to hear that D-Day.

On a side note, anyone have tips on removing upchucked stomach contents from the dash crevices of a Jeep Cherokee? Yes, todays Christmas travel has been exciting.

Fire, perhaps?
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #28 on: December 26, 2011, 12:42:51 AM »
On a side note, anyone have tips on removing upchucked stomach contents from the dash crevices of a Jeep Cherokee? Yes, todays Christmas travel has been exciting.

Isn't that what car detailers are for?

If you are talking about the corners and such-like, then toothbrushes and cotton swabs are your friends.  If you are talking about ventilation tubes and other places where the bottom is far away, then you really need to pull everything and wash it out with something that will kill both the upchuck and any bacteria/mold/virus already growing there that might feed on the new food source.  Given how much work is involved, paying a detailer who provides some sort of warranty for their work is a reasonable investment.

If you don't want to pay a detailer, go to your local farm store and buy a 5-gallon pail of the deodorizer used for hog pens and liberally pour that down the crevices.  Lather, rinse, repeat until you are not gagging every time you turn on the heat or AC - which is how you test to see if you have gotten rid of it all.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #29 on: December 26, 2011, 01:01:39 AM »
We're having a talk tomorrow, and it will not end well.

DD -

My condolences and sympathy.  There's no bright side.

Like removing adhesive tape, it may sting while doing it, but the quick yank hurts for a shorter time than slowly peeling it away.  As much as you feel hurt and betrayed, try to concentrate on the message that the relationship is over and leave it at that.  You have already blown your "But I trusted you" rant by looking at her Facebook account.

If you need to help her remove stuff, remember that it looks nicer if there is a pile of boxes outside your door rather than a heap of junk thrown all over the place.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

grislyatoms

• friends
« Reply #30 on: December 26, 2011, 11:32:11 AM »
Other than having to buy four new tires not much excitement. The tire guy told me that the particular BF Goodrich tires on the back haven't been manufactured since 1997. Guess I got my money's worh out of them!  :lol:

Reminds me of Ralphie's comments about his father's tires in "A Christmas Story" - "They were tires only in the academic sense- they were round and held air".

Got 4 Falken Rocky Mountain AT's for 6 bills and change. Seem to be pretty good tires from the reviews I have read.
"A son of the sea, am I" Gordon Lightfoot

CNYCacher

• friend
« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2011, 03:41:38 PM »
My condolences and sympathy.  There's no bright side.

There's plenty of bright side.  Yeah it sucks but good thing you found out.  Bright side:  Not wasting any more time with her.
On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament], "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
Charles Babbage