Author Topic: is it true?  (Read 1730 times)

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
is it true?
« on: October 22, 2012, 11:05:07 PM »
read  and can't find now a fb post that said nc had ober 500 democrats registered over 110 yeaRS old  and that 400 voted absentee. what are the odds :facepalm:
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

brimic

• friends
Re: is it true?
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2012, 11:07:45 PM »
Well they live that long because of Obamacare. Dintcha know that?
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

• friends
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2012, 08:31:03 AM »
Totally trolling a very very liberal person I went to HS with on FB with that.  He's one of those that believes that Voter ID is really about supressing the black vote.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

drewtam

• friend
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2012, 08:58:34 AM »
Some democrat oriented sites are all over a rumor that Ohio voting machines are invested by a company with ties to the Romney family.

http://www.salon.com/2012/10/23/romney_linked_voting_machine_company_to_count_votes_in_ohio/

The ties are so tenuous, they basically have nothing. But this is their best attempt to counter punch on the voter fraud issue.

I’m not saying I invented the turtleneck. But I was the first person to realize its potential as a tactical garment. The tactical turtleneck! The… tactleneck!

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2012, 09:02:31 AM »
Totally trolling a very very liberal person I went to HS with on FB with that.  He's one of those that believes that Voter ID is really about supressing the black vote.

I am still waiting for the data showing that Voter ID requirements will equally disenfranchise voters likely to vote Republican.

http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2012/10/29/121029fa_fact_mayer?currentPage=all

Interesting how so many of the cases cited by the voter fraud activists don't seem to pan out as representing wide-spread voter impersonation fraud.  As long as the state makes free ID cards readily available that meet any voter ID requirements, I am good with it.  I have always thought that absentee ballots represent more of a risk in terms of voting security.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 09:28:50 AM by MillCreek »

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

ArfinGreebly

• Level Three Geek
  • friend
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2012, 10:43:22 AM »

Why do you all hate old people?

Haven't the elderly been through enough?

"Look at it this way. If America frightens you, feel free to live somewhere else. There are plenty of other countries that don't suffer from excessive liberty. America is where the Liberty is. Liberty is not certified safe."

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2012, 12:48:42 PM »
Why do you all hate old people?

Haven't the elderly been through enough?

Yeah! Now shut up and give them your money, they earned it!

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2012, 01:07:33 PM »
Totally trolling a very very liberal person I went to HS with on FB with that.  He's one of those that believes that Voter ID is really about supressing the black vote.

Voter ID is really about supressing the dead vote.

:lol:
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

• friends
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2012, 01:13:46 PM »
the explanation i got and its somewhat plausible is that at one time dob wasn't required. then it was added. the records with no dob were given a 1900 default

drewtam

• friend
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2012, 01:20:52 PM »
I am still waiting for the data showing that Voter ID requirements will equally disenfranchise voters likely to vote Republican.

http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2012/10/29/121029fa_fact_mayer?currentPage=all

Interesting how so many of the cases cited by the voter fraud activists don't seem to pan out as representing wide-spread voter impersonation fraud.  As long as the state makes free ID cards readily available that meet any voter ID requirements, I am good with it.  I have always thought that absentee ballots represent more of a risk in terms of voting security.

Sorry, New Yorker is being intentional democrat hacks.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/04/21/illinois-counties-have-mo_n_852141.html
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123111967642552909.html

And these were just the first few results from google.

Voting fraud is as old as America. I suspect it is actually less a problem now a days except in deeply democrat and repub areas; but the nature of the problem is there is no way to be sure.
I’m not saying I invented the turtleneck. But I was the first person to realize its potential as a tactical garment. The tactical turtleneck! The… tactleneck!

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2012, 02:01:06 PM »
^^^ Both of those links don't show any actual voting fraud that would be prevented by voter ID requirements, so I am puzzled as to how this advances the arguments in favor of it.  ???

drewtam

• friend
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2012, 06:11:14 PM »
^^^ Both of those links don't show any actual voting fraud that would be prevented by voter ID requirements, so I am puzzled as to how this advances the arguments in favor of it.  ???

If a state ID is required to cast a vote, then the excess "registered voters" won't be able to cast their non-existent votes. These excess reg voters are party operatives casting votes under false identities. Voter ID should put a dent in such activities, especially when combined with purging dead voters from the registries.

• friends
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2012, 06:13:12 PM »

because the backbone of the no id argument is that its a non problem  there is no fraud

brimic

• friends
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2012, 08:49:15 PM »
because the backbone of the no id argument is that its a non problem  there is no fraud

Its the application of 'The Big Lie"- repeat a slogan over and over again until people absorb it and no longer question it, or in matters such as Voter ID, one just has to say "but there is no fraud..." in order to stop their opponents argument.

Its pretty incredible that people actually believe that tripe. Vote fraud has always been in our elections and is so ingrained in our society that we have terms for cities "where the dead vote." The fact that vote fraud almost always benefits a single party in our country is another reason why so many people are in denial over it.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 08:52:57 PM by brimic »
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2012, 08:58:55 PM »
Its the application of 'The Big Lie"- repeat a slogan over and over again until people absorb it and no longer question it, or in matters such as Voter ID, one just has to say "but there is no fraud..." in order to stop their opponents argument.

Fixed to point out how that goes both ways.