Author Topic: Czech president: arm the citizens and close the borders  (Read 711 times)

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
Czech president: arm the citizens and close the borders
« on: August 03, 2016, 06:14:51 PM »

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016/08/03/czech-president-urges-citizens-arm-fight-terrorists/

Noting that he had before the recent terror attacks committed predominantly by Muslim first and second generation migrants, been against the proliferation of firearms, the president said in an interview with Czechia’s Blesk that citizens should consider carrying their pistols in public. Remarking that he’d already bought his wife a handgun, he told the paper:

“I really think that citizens should arm themselves against terrorists. And I honestly admit that I changed my mind, because previously I was against [citizens] having too many weapons. After these attacks, I don’t think so [anymore]”.

The Czech president said he was now in favour of arming the population over “the long term” and said he was convinced that if any of the revellers at the Bataclan music venue in Paris had been carrying a gun in their pocket when it was attacked by Islamist killers, there would have been fewer casualties.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_politics_in_the_Czech_Republic

A gun in the Czech Republic is available to anybody subject to acquiring a shall issue firearms license first. Gun licenses may be obtained in a way very similar to a driving license - by passing a gun proficiency exam, medical examination and having a clean criminal record. Unlike in most other European countries, the Czech gun legislation also permits a citizen to carry a concealed weapon for self-defense. Most Czech gun owners possess their firearms for self-defense, with hunting and sport shooting being less common.[4]

Thoughts:
So the Czechs are starting to realize the nature of the threat.  Good for them.  Looks like Hungary and perhaps Slovenia are waking up as well.

From the comments, the welfare benefits in the Czech Republic are also less generous than in Germany, Sweden, etc.

I predict the "migrants" will be looking to settle elsewhere in Europe.

From the Wiki article, it may be easier to legally obtain a gun in the Czech Republic than in California.  Certainly easier to get a CCW permit.  =|

""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

freakazoid

• friend
Re: Czech president: arm the citizens and close the borders
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2016, 06:44:38 PM »
I find it interesting that most are obtained for self defense purposes. I wonder if that has anything to do with their licensing process or anything.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
Re: Czech president: arm the citizens and close the borders
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2016, 01:28:49 PM »
I find it interesting that most are obtained for self defense purposes. I wonder if that has anything to do with their licensing process or anything.

Most people would put that down on their paperwork if honest. If/when folks don't is because they're worried about the government.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.