Author Topic: The Nanny State Strikes Again  (Read 2392 times)

Werewolf

• friend
  • Lead, Follow or Get the HELL out of the WAY!
The Nanny State Strikes Again
« on: May 31, 2005, 05:45:28 AM »
Mom indicted for hiring stripper for son

NASHVILLE, Tenn. - A mother faces criminal charges after she hired a stripper to dance at her 16-year-old sons birthday party.

Anette Pharris, 34, has been indicted by a grand jury on charges of contributing to the delinquency of a minor and involving a minor in obscene acts. The boys father, the stripper and two others also face charges.
This is wrong on just so many levels... Where the HELL does the state get off telling parents what they can do with their kids as long as it isn't harming them. The straight 16 year old male hasn't been born that wouldn't think having a stripper come to his 16th birthday was the coolest thing ever. He'd be the talk of his school.

OH... I suppose there'd be a few Bible thumpin' 16 year olds who would object - publicly - but in their gut - they'd be just like every other normal 16 year old male who's only got one thing on his mind (at least most of the time anyway).

The stripper came to the home - the parents didn't take the kids to a strip joint. The home and what happens in it as long as it doesn't cause harm should be inviolate to all. What goes on there stays there and the government has no business intruding.

The Mother wasn't turned in by any of the party participants or other kid's parents - a bunch of busy body buttinskies from the drugstore where she had the party pictures developed turned her in. What a bunch of a'holes. Those are the types we all gotta watch out for as the blissninny nanny police state gains more and more control.
Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love
truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.

Fight Me Online

Preacherman

« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2005, 06:47:30 AM »
The problem is that exposing kids (and I'm sure there were some at the party below the age of consent) to this sort of thing is classified as sexual abuse of a minor, and in many states, failure to report such abuse is a felony in itself.  I don't know that the folks developing the pictures would have had much choice...
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional!

Please visit my blog: http://bayourenaissanceman.blogspot.com/

jefnvk

• friend
  • I'll sleep away the days and ride the nights...
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2005, 06:53:41 AM »
The stripper came to the home - the parents didn't take the kids to a strip joint. The home and what happens in it as long as it doesn't cause harm should be inviolate to all.
So, how is it different than taking him to a strip joint?

And, while she may have thought it was appropriate for her son, it was a party.  Who is to say that all the other 16 year olds parents thought it was appropriate?
I still say 'Give Detroit to Canada'

Sylvilagus Aquaticus

• friend
    • http://profiles.yahoo.com/sylvilagus
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2005, 06:57:04 AM »
Another good reason for buying digital cameras.

Regards,
Rabbit.
To punish me for my contempt for authority, fate made me an authority myself.
Albert Einstein

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2005, 07:55:11 AM »
What Rabbit said.

Being an immoral knucklehead is not yet a felony, as we can see from our Congresscritters.

So much for the anti-drug ads, "No parties if there are no parents."
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

larry_minn

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2005, 09:49:13 AM »
I heard on radio that one city has outlawed corpral punishment.  I.E. any parent spanks (with hand/switch/paddle/wet noodle) their child can be charged.  
  Want to bet the kids are studying up on how to get away with things?    They need to get a S&M domeratrix in there to beat the snot out of those in charge.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2005, 05:27:19 AM »
A 16 year old is not developed enough mentally nor sexually for a stripper.  If my child were at a party where someone hired a stripper, I'd be taking care of the problem, though, without court intervention.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

tyme

• expat
  • friend
  • Did you know that dolphins are just gay sharks?
    • TFL Library
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2005, 07:01:15 AM »
"A 16 year old is not developed enough mentally nor sexually for a stripper."

On what planet?  In virtually every state it is legal for a 16-year-old to have sex as long as his/her partner isn't too much older (or younger... generally 3-4 years on either side).  Not forgetting, of course, that a stripper at a birthday party hardly qualifies as sex.
Support Range Voting.
End Software Patents

"Four people are dead.  There isn't time to talk to the police."  --Sherlock (BBC)

Ron

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2005, 01:30:42 PM »
I like strip clubs.  Don't go to them much but like them none the less.

I cannot see any situation where I would sign off on 16 year olds watching strippers or stripping for others.

Respect for women should be drilled into young men,  they have all of adulthood to experience the seamier side of life.

Werewolf

• friend
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2005, 08:14:32 AM »
Respect for women should be drilled into young men,  they have all of adulthood to experience the seamier side of life.
Where is it written that one cannot respect women and admire their physical qualities at the same time.

Jeeezus H. Chist! American men are turning into freaking wimps, mama's boys and a bunch of pussy whipped slaves by the likes of NOW and all the other women's organizations out there slowing but surely emasculating us.

I'm old enough now that it doesn't really matter anymore what a bunch of women think about me but man I feel sorry for the 20 to 40 something guys out there. You'll be handing in your balls within the next few years and only getting them back on the rare occasion that some woman needs you to breed.

Sheeesh! This PC crap is gonna drag the men of the USA down into oblivion before long.

Fight Me Online

jefnvk

• friend
  • I'll sleep away the days and ride the nights...
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2005, 11:37:26 AM »
Jeeezus H. Chist! American men are turning into freaking wimps, mama's boys and a bunch of pussy whipped slaves by the likes of NOW and all the other women's organizations out there slowing but surely emasculating us.
So, are you telling me it's ok to go around slapping hot women's behinds?  Or ask them to take off their tops?
I still say 'Give Detroit to Canada'

Werewolf

• friend
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2005, 03:29:29 PM »
So, are you telling me it's ok to go around slapping hot women's behinds?  Or ask them to take off their tops?
Depends on the situation. Doing that in a business environment would be totally out of place. Doing it in a social environment on the other hand is a different matter entirely.

Then again it also depends on the woman. Believe it or not there are still some around who revel in the fact that they are woman and we are man.

The problem these days though is seperating the we are men too ladies from the other type.

After 25 years of marriage, 3 daughters and all that entails I can almost tell the difference now.

Still in this litiginous age its better to be safe than sorry so to be honest I keep my hands to myself.

Man I miss being 20...
Man I feel sorry for 20 year olds today...

Fight Me Online

Werewolf

• friend
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2005, 03:31:21 PM »
How come most people here seem to think that if a young male doesn't have a beer in one hand and the remote for nascar in the other half the day he'll grow a vagina or something?
Or something? Hell he already has... cheesy Wink

Fight Me Online

Gun Runner

• friend
  • Citizens United Negating Tyranny
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2005, 05:25:48 PM »
"A 16 year old is not developed enough mentally nor sexually for a stripper."
Oh noes!!!!11

When I was 16, I think I was plenty developed to have sex, I did plenty of it.  Now, years later I've still yet to see a stripper.  I may be missing out on something though.
"I once took the high road and it took me straight to hell, and I stood there all by myself" - III

Ron

« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2005, 05:31:51 PM »
Like I said earlier,  I've logged plenty of hours in strip clubs.

A young and inexperienced man easily be manipulated by the "girls" in the trade.  Look at the older guys that get taken.

If you are under 18 you should be protected from some stuff. When you are legal age then you have responsibility for yourself.

You want your 16 year old daughter pole dancing(naked or not) for a bunch of 40 year olds?

I wouldn't want my 16 old son to lose his paycheck every week to the 25yr old stripper with a sob story who is just doing her job.

HForrest

« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2005, 08:59:14 PM »
Just because a kid is under the legal definition of an adult doesn't mean he isn't.  18 is an arbitrarily-set age that doesn't mean anything. It's just a law on paper.

Gun Runner

• friend
  • Citizens United Negating Tyranny
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2005, 10:01:31 PM »
I wouldn't want my 16 old son to lose his paycheck every week to the 25yr old stripper with a sob story who is just doing her job.
I wouldn't either.  I wouldn't want my 25yr old son to "lose" his paycheck weekly for that either.  Or my 60yr old dad.

Just because a kid is under the legal definition of an adult doesn't mean he isn't.  18 is an arbitrarily-set age that doesn't mean anything. It's just a law on paper.
Whoah!  Mighty Radical!  I gotta agree though.

"I once took the high road and it took me straight to hell, and I stood there all by myself" - III

Ron

« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2005, 03:59:25 AM »
I also agree it's a one size fits all solution (18).

But it is a line in the sand  when it comes to parental responsibility vs personal responsibility.

If your 16yr old orders strippers to a party at your house and racks up a several thousand dollar bill YOU are liable because he is a minor.

Gun Runner,  My best buddy has that I support... shirt,  lol