Author Topic: Wesley Crusher. Keen political pundit  (Read 1078 times)

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Wesley Crusher. Keen political pundit
« on: December 12, 2016, 03:00:01 PM »

(I'm not linking to his twitter because I don't want to give him clicks.)

And, yes, I only posted this so I could say:

I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Wesley Crusher. Keen political pundit
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2016, 04:11:55 PM »
Most typical derp from Mr. Crusher. He's got a million of them.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2016, 04:15:02 PM »
Yeah, pretty much everything he says is with the same air of smug "we know better" superiority as the nanny state federation in STNG.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

HankB

• friend
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2016, 04:17:54 PM »
Wil Wheaton is one of those rare examples of an "actor" who is more annoying in real life than the characters he's played on TV.

As to the current hacking kerfuffle . . .

First off, EVERY country with an intelligence agency that has any IT capability at all is trying to hack into government and political servers of every other country - that's a big part of today's spy game. If you're a prominent fed.gov official and are careless with your data (for example, by using an insecure private server) . . . you WILL be hacked.

Secondly . . . why is there so little fuss about the crooked, unethical, underhanded, and immoral shenanigans that were uncovered, and so much fuss about WHO allegedly uncovered them? If we had any investigative journalists worth the name, the stuff posted on Wikileaks would have come to light anyway . . . and sooner, rather than later.

IMHO the current fuss and outrage is just another attempt to de-legitimize Trump.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2016, 04:36:49 PM »
Wil Wheaton is one of those rare examples of an "actor" who is more annoying in real life than the characters he's played on TV.

That's rare?
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2016, 06:03:11 PM »

Unpossible. 
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2016, 06:14:47 PM »
Does Wheaton bother to explain how voting machines, which are not connected to the internet, can be hacked?   Or that each of the 50 states has different voting protocols,  which would make hacking a very intensive and .... interesting pursuit~~~~if those machines were on the 'net, that is.

Oh wait.   Wheaton is an  ACTOR.   Never mind.......
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2016, 08:35:02 PM »
If Putin did "install" Trump, he/they did so by earning a greater share of the popular vote than Bill Clinton did, in 1992. FWIW

Also, I'm not sure how to be offended or frightened that Russia, by defeating Hillary Clinton, has weakened the single greatest threat to the United States (the Democratic Party). And if Putin has really done this, isn't he just cleaning up around the edges of the gutting of the Democratic Party that was carried out by Obama, and the SJW impulse? (The party lost state after state, and both houses of Congress.)

What do we make of the idea that, had Putin any dirt on Clinton, he would have waited, and let her become president, and then used it to blackmail, or just to weaken her? And then what if the Russians are currently following that plan, but with Trump's dirty laundry?
« Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 09:02:56 PM by fistful »
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2016, 09:13:44 PM »
I suspect that if Trump has any serious dirty laundry/skeletons in his closet the MSM would have had it out in large type long ago. The best (worst?) they could come up with was a secretly recorded conversation where Trump was a bit crude in his language. Considerably less crude and offensive than what passes for entertainment (rap) on the left.

I was also seeing what I thought was the early stages of setting the stage for a serious conflict with Russia by the left. demonizing and dehumanizing the "enemy". Everything wrong in the world was becoming Russia and Putin's doing and "something" was going to have to be done about it. I really think that if Clinton had gotten into the White House we would have ended up in, if not outright war then at least serious military conflict with Russia, probably in Syria. 
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

grampster

• friend
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2016, 10:06:55 PM »
Didn't Hollywood award an Oscar to a pedophile who has been hiding out in Europe for many years?
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re: Re: Wesley Crusher. Keen political pundit
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2016, 07:16:34 AM »
Didn't Hollywood award an Oscar to a pedophile who has been hiding out in Europe for many years?
And actively campaign to allow him to come back

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I