Author Topic: Nikki Haley Resigns  (Read 1060 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Nikki Haley Resigns
« on: October 09, 2018, 10:23:22 AM »
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
Re: Nikki Haley Resigns
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2018, 10:27:52 AM »
That's a big loss.  =(
She was doing a good, no-nonsense, job. I like that she stayed out of the circus & drama.

Quote from:  Nikki Haley
“I know that it’s fun and that it can feel good, but step back and think about what you’re accomplishing when you do this (own the libs) — are you persuading anyone? Who are you persuading?” Haley asked. “We’ve all been guilty of it at some point or another, but this kind of speech isn’t leadership — it’s the exact opposite.”
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2018, 11:01:37 AM »
She was supposedly leaving at the end of this year anyway, or at least that's what I think I heard a couple of months ago.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2018, 02:26:20 PM »
She is still leaving at the end of the year.  Her resignation was announced now because it was thought an appropriate time to do it.
Haley stated that she firmly believes in term limits and limited time served in appointed positions.  She thinks leaving is the right thing to do in as much as she is voluntarily term limiting herself.
She is a classy lady and is doing a good job. I will be sorry to see her go.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2018, 02:35:11 PM »
She is still leaving at the end of the year.  Her resignation was announced now because it was thought an appropriate time to do it.
Haley stated that she firmly believes in term limits and limited time served in appointed positions.  She thinks leaving is the right thing to do in as much as she is voluntarily term limiting herself.
She is a classy lady and is doing a good job. I will be sorry to see her go.

I can see her POV. I wish she would have stayed for another year though. I will be very curious to see who takes her place. Not likely, but I would laugh if it was John Bolton. The progs would explode.  :laugh:
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2018, 02:45:49 PM »
I would laugh if it was John Bolton. The progs would explode.  :laugh:

After withdrawing from the climate accord, killing net neutrality, cutting taxes, putting Rapey McRapeface on the Supreme Court, and Trump eating fast food w/ two scoops of ice cream, aren't they all dead, anyway?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2018, 02:52:05 PM »

After withdrawing from the climate accord, killing net neutrality, cutting taxes, putting Rapey McRapeface on the Supreme Court, and Trump eating fast food w/ two scoops of ice cream, aren't they all dead, anyway?

They keep saying they are, but then why are they still here annoying us?

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2018, 03:09:51 PM »
So the question is: 

Who will be the replacement? 

When will Trump make that announcement?  Possibly something to keep in his pocket until October Surprise time. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2018, 03:30:54 PM »
So the question is: 

Who will be the replacement? 

When will Trump make that announcement?  Possibly something to keep in his pocket until October Surprise time. 

The October Surprise is, there will be no replacement. The UN campus will become a shooting range complex, with a Chick-fil-A, and gay-straight conversion therapy center.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2018, 04:46:00 PM »
And speaking of conversion therapy, Trump is appointing a homosexual as her replacement. Watch this story fade into the distance.

On second consideration, the article I read was speculative.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 06:09:17 PM by fistful »

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2018, 04:56:04 PM »
I hope all the stuff about Ivanka taking Haley's place is just a joke, because that would bog the administration down in endless nepotism claims. Unfortunately, I could actually see Trump doing it if the left says, "Don't you dare!"

Perd Hapley

• friend

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2018, 05:21:05 PM »
The October Surprise is, there will be no replacement. The UN campus will become a shooting range complex, with a Chick-fil-A, and gay-straight conversion therapy center.

But first, Mattis will double up as UN ambassador for a three month test run that's predicted to make him the busiest Cabinet member in decades.

Rumor has it, his first address was tested a couple decades ago: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTOKJTRHMdw

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2018, 05:26:06 PM »
But first, Mattis will double up as UN ambassador for a three month test run that's predicted to make him the busiest Cabinet member in decades.

I'm pretty sure the whole edifice would collapse the moment he walks in the door.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2018, 08:30:49 PM »
I hope they put the fairy up for the job. No groping women problems, so let's see what the random outrage generator spews out. Be hilarious if the plantation lost the gay vote over backlash.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2018, 08:35:15 PM »
I hope they put the fairy up for the job. No groping women problems, so let's see what the random outrage generator spews out. Be hilarious if the plantation lost the gay vote over backlash.

The left has already turned against heavy drinking (Kavanaugh), and foul language (s**t-hole countries). Could man-love be the next vice they renounce? Stay tuned.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2018, 09:27:59 PM »
The whooshing sound you hear is something going right over my head. I am drawing a blank: who is the gay potential candidate to replace Ms. Haley? 

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2018, 09:52:46 PM »
The whooshing sound you hear is something going right over my head. I am drawing a blank: who is the gay potential candidate to replace Ms. Haley? 

Refer to fistful's reply #11. :)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2018, 09:56:15 PM »